• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Off Season. What now?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Off Season. What now?

• Create useless polls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Watch my local football team Kidderminster Harriers play home and away every week. Also the National Hunt horse racing season starts to get serious over the next few weeks. I shall be making several trips to Cheltenham racecourse for some meetings there.

The clinic should also be pretty busy over the next few weeks.

The new season will be here before we know it!

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
kanari said:
Anyway, the Tour Down Under is not that far away... ;)

Exactly. 20th of January 2013 should be Classic Criterium opener of TDU, but AFAIK, 3rd of January, there´ll be Herald Sun Tour, also in Australia, plus the Aussie Road and TT NCs. So November and December are the really only two months of the year without WT, HC and .1 racing.

The days of Het Volk being the first big thing are fortunately over. Nowadays, thank God, already January offers fast world class road racing, with TDU, San Luis, Amissa Bongo, Ouverture Marseillaise and Calabria (when it´s held in January). And these races are definetely taken serious also by the very best riders. Greipel is not worlds far away from his Tour sprint speed, Contador and Nibali do San Luis with just 2 or 3 kgs over Tour weight.

Still, this season isn´t over, with last stage Beijing, Tour de Vendee, Chrono des Nations and Japan Cup.

Off season? Where do you see an off season?

We have 5 months of cyclocross ahead of us.

If there is such a thing as an off season, that would be in July but even then you have interesting races like the Tour of Austria. :D

rghysens said:
Watching cyclocross, yeeeha!
Should have been an option.

i like watching the races but miss having comentary in english, (I dont really understand the finer tactics I guess), is there english comentary on eursport anywhere? Or is anyone prepared to podcast some comentary for me?:D
as a side question, has any ex-mountain biker ie hejsedal/evans ever race cross and how do you think they would go?

austy37 said:
i like watching the races but miss having comentary in english, (I dont really understand the finer tactics I guess), is there english comentary on eursport anywhere? Or is anyone prepared to podcast some comentary for me?:D
as a side question, has any ex-mountain biker ie hejsedal/evans ever race cross and how do you think they would go?

Miguel Martinez did some cyclocross races in Belgium a couple of years back, his results were somewhere between 20th-30th place.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Whaa? it's a great time of the year for racing, Amsterdam 6 starts Monday, then the whole 6-day season, and if you are way old school or a hipster bandwagon jumper, there is the cyclocross season that just started too

2005dortmund.jpg

zesdaagse.jpg

Zesdaagse_gent1.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
We could watch Nys and Albert battle it out. And we can try to figure out who won the Tour in 1996.. and also between 1999-2005.

And we can start predicting Paris_Roubaix? Boonen or will Gilbert give it a go? Same for Tour de Flandres.

Andre