• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Off Season. What now?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Off Season. What now?

• Create useless polls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Confession, my day job has me doing statistics for College Wrestling here in the United States, and the season is November-March. As a result, I usually spend much of that time either behind this computer at home, behind this computer in college wrestling arenas or in hotels, or on planes between one and the other.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My offseason:

1) Pick an unbeatable CQ team
2) Watch old tours/classics
3) Decide who won the 1996-2005 tours
4) Fall into depression at the lack of bike racing to watch
5) Watch Nordic and see the same 5 people on the podium in different orders every week
6) Watch the Belgians win every single cyclo-cross race
7) Get a new bike for x-mas.

sporza cycling yearly overview still coming up on october 23rd! other than that it's probably fall into depression / watch cyclocross/ rewatch old races while feeling sad on the trainer/ prepare CQ team / lurk the clinic / count down the days to TdU / after TdU count down days to march / train for next season.

it's gonna be a busy off-season.

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The season isn't over yet!

http://www.amstelcuracaorace.com/

tadorenBoonenzwemmendolfijnen2-vi.jpg

My approach to the end season is to watch/review the entire season with all the available videos around the net & maintain some inspiration while riding as much as weather permits. If I get extremely bored I always count on CN to get entertained with all the expecularion/gossiping around the forums

I hate this part of the season. No racing on television. The skiing season hasn't started yet. It's too cold to ride outside, but not enough snow to go skiing. And I'm already sick of training on the rollers!

At least it frees up some valuable time to read for my exams :p

Andre.J said:
We could watch Nys and Albert battle it out. And we can try to figure out who won the Tour in 1996.. and also between 1999-2005.

And we can start predicting Paris_Roubaix? Boonen or will Gilbert give it a go? Same for Tour de Flandres.

Andre
It might take a bigger investigation than the one FBI and USADA did this past year and a half.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad that the season has finished. Frankly speaking, that would be great to wait for Puerto hearing and see what's going on with Contador, Bruyneel, Ferrari and Marti, but there's no time due to lots work and studies. From now on I'm totally focusing on APL and rooting for Arsenal. Never could follow both sports at the same time. So each of them has its half-year. :)