Official 1 year ban

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 19, 2010
214
0
0
Colm.Murphy said:
Either shut up and cede the sentence or go the global thermonuclear route and join up with Floyd Landis to "Lance" the boil of doping that ruins the face of cycle racing.

Do it Alberto. Give us all a shred of hope.

We will cheer you if you expose Pepe, Bruyneel and their cohorts. Do it. Show us you have the courage of a champion, just as Landis did. Final nail in the coffin of truth.
There is a big problem for AC in doing what you suggest...

If he admits to organized doping with those guys, he is confessing to a second doping offense and he gets a lifetime ban.

Landis was a has been with no chance at returning to the upper echelon of cycling when he used the nuclear option. Contador will be back (assuming no decision on the CAS appeal before Aug 20th) in time to win the Vuelta this year. Going nuclear has a much greater impact on Contador so he will never use it.

Instead, he will go the Basso/Ricco route, serve the suspension and be back at the top level as soon as the 2 year suspension is over.
 
Jan 19, 2010
214
0
0
python said:
paradoxically, i am equally convinced that had i been in wada’s or contador’s shoes, i’d appeal the rfec's 1 year.

as i noted several times, the one year ban contradicts strict wada code as written. it’s a political decision and therefore it can not and should not stand.

cas should strike it down… and free the man or put him away for 2 years.

…and pass a recommendation that wada code needs further revisions - both as regards loosening it’s strict liability rules and introducing thresholds for the substances (like clenbuterol) that have legally mandated mrl (maximum residual level in europe - for example it’s .1 ug/kg for clen) and thus could be found in athletes body due to 'incredible acts' of normal food consumption..
On this Python, you and I are in complete agreement. 1 year is a compromise by RFEC to not be too hard on Contador (I expect them to find a way to get him back on the road before the Vuelta starts) but still punish him to satisfy the UCI.
 
python said:
paradoxically, i am equally convinced that had i been in wada’s or contador’s shoes, i’d appeal the rfec's 1 year.

as i noted several times, the one year ban contradicts strict wada code as written. it’s a political decision and therefore it can not and should not stand.

cas should strike it down… and free the man or put him away for 2 years.

…and pass a recommendation that wada code needs further revisions - both as regards loosening it’s strict liability rules and introducing thresholds for the substances (like clenbuterol) that have legally mandated mrl (maximum residual level in europe - for example it’s .1 ug/kg for clen) and thus could be found in athletes body due to 'incredible acts' of normal food consumption..

That more or less sums it up for me. Good to see common sense replies like this.

Regards
GJ
 
Good news! Contadoper should pay for attacking Schelck when the mechanical thing happened... Contadoper has never been a true winner of TDF 2010 and now TDF 2010 title is given back to a true champion!
 
Oct 31, 2010
172
0
0
Maybe, just maybe RFEC introduce this 1yr Ban, it's a politically weak measure, shows the intent to force the law, yet also aligns their allegence with their rider.. dunno...(shrug)
But what it does show, to me, is that they can now stand back, relax, state their Ban position, then let CAS nullify it and hit Bert with 2yrs..
That way..
RFEC state "we did what we thought best, it's over to CAS now"

Absolving themselves from Spanish critism of harshness, weakens the meat producers anger at being pointed out as culprits, and a gives a show of acting like they think the digestion of the meat was in fact the "real" way it got into his system..

Still, I'll go back to my point in another thread about this and state that I think the lads clean, or rather didn't conciously ingest with the intent to dope.

I seem to have gone off burgers...ha
 
guncha said:
Good news! Contadoper should pay for attacking Schelck when the mechanical thing happened... Contadoper has never been a true winner of TDF 2010 and now TDF 2010 title is given back to a true champion!
And andy schleck is a true champion because...???
 
auscyclefan94 said:
Lets see if he actually retires...I hope UCI and WADA take it to CAS. Personally I want 4 year bans like Bike pure proposes. So if riders test positive it will be a long time before they come back, so when they come back they are more likely to of learnt their lesson or the doper is more likely to retire because of te long period of time out of the sport.
I sent my suggestion on 4-year or more bans to the UCI a while back. If anyone wishes to do the same and let your voice be heard to them, here's the link to their contacts webpage:

UCI CONTACTS

I just sent it to the admin email link there.

Not sure it'll do any good but I felt like I had to give it a shot.
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,578
0
0
Roninho said:
And andy schleck is a true champion because...???
[to all]

We have and have had plenty of threads that deal with that. I don't mind when infrequent posters state their opinions, but regulars should have a reasonable sense what merry dance is best left alone. Some "discussions" are unresolvable and nothing but distracting regurgitations of the same boring points.

I won't look too kindly on people turning this into yet another chaingate or Andy doped too or whatever thread. If you want to do that, dig up one of the many threads that deal with it. After reading the whole thing from start to finish. Just to remind yourself how merry the dance is.

Just FYI.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
0
0
At least cycling made it to German mainstream media again because of Contador. :D
Last time was after his posititve result came public. Contador owns German media.
 
on3m@n@rmy said:
I sent my suggestion on 4-year or more bans to the UCI a while back. If anyone wishes to do the same and let your voice be heard to them, here's the link to their contacts webpage:

UCI CONTACTS

I just sent it to the admin email link there.

Not sure it'll do any good but I felt like I had to give it a shot.
Personally I think you are way too lenient. We should just amputate a leg if they get caught. I am all for corporal punishment in these kinds of situations. That would really show them. :rolleyes:

Regards
GJ
 
Jun 12, 2010
1,234
0
0
python said:
paradoxically, i am equally convinced that had i been in wada’s or contador’s shoes, i’d appeal the rfec's 1 year.

as i noted several times, the one year ban contradicts strict wada code as written. it’s a political decision and therefore it can not and should not stand.

cas should strike it down… and free the man or put him away for 2 years.

…and pass a recommendation that wada code needs further revisions - both as regards loosening it’s strict liability rules and introducing thresholds for the substances (like clenbuterol) that have legally mandated mrl (maximum residual level in europe - for example it’s .1 ug/kg for clen) and thus could be found in athletes body due to 'incredible acts' of normal food consumption..
Bang on the money Python!;) Good post.
 
El Pais said:
el Comité de Competición de la española, formado por cuatro juristas, solicitó el 10 de diciembre a los especialistas de la AMA, de la UCI y de la Agencia Estatal Antidopaje (AEA) que analizaran la documentación del corredor y emitieran su parecer. Según fuentes de la federación española, la AEA envió a los 15 días su informe, la AMA respondió que no tenía nada que decir y la UCI prometió su informe para el 24 de enero a más tardar"Pero la semana pasada recibimos una comunicación de la UCI solicitando más días de plazo, pues no habían tenido tiempo de estudiar el dossier", señalan en la española. "Y nosotros decidimos tirar para adelante, pues no se podía dilatar más la solución".
The Spanish Competition Committee, formed by 4 members, requested to WADA & UCI on December 10th to analyze all documentation from the rider & provide advice. According to sources, AEA sent their report 15 days after, to which WADA expressed had nothing to say or add, whereas the UCI promised their report by January 24th the latest. "Last week we (RFEC) received a communique from UCI requesting more days to provide their report, since they apparently haven't had enough time to study the dossier." -We(RFEC) just decided to move forward, instead of delaying more for a final solution"


just for those who keep saying the RFEC is "trying hard" to protect Contador, when is clear who's behind the delays and the nonsense behind his case....:mad:
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
hfer07 said:
The Spanish Competition Committee, formed by 4 members, requested to WADA & UCI on December 10th to analyze all documentation from the rider & provide advice. According to sources, AEA sent their report 15 days after, to which WADA expressed had nothing to say or add, whereas the UCI promised their report by January 24th the latest. "Last week we (RFEC) received a communique from UCI requesting more days to provide their report, since they apparently haven't had enough time to study the dossier." -We(RFEC) just decided to move forward, instead of delaying more for a final solution"


just for those who keep saying the RFEC is "trying hard" to protect Contador, when is clear who's behind the delays and the nonsense behind his case....:mad:
What are you saying? People who suspected the RFEC of protecting Contador certainly didn't think that the slow trial was evidence of RFEC corruption, rather the other way around, i.e. the delays in this case only hurt the suspect.
 
Lanark said:
What are you saying? People who suspected the RFEC of protecting Contador certainly didn't think that the slow trial was evidence of RFEC corruption, rather the other way around, i.e. the delays in this case only hurt the suspect.
excuse me-Did you read my post at all-& most of all-did you understand it?

ITS THE UCI TRYING TO DELAY/DERAIL/OBSTRUCT/LENGTHEN/EXTEND/PROLONG THE DAMN CASE!!!-GOT IT?
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
hfer07 said:
excuse me-Did you read my post at all-& most of all-did you understand it?

ITS THE UCI TRYING TO DELAY/DERAIL/OBSTRUCT/LENGTHEN/EXTEND/PROLONG THE DAMN CASE!!!-GOT IT?
Did you read what you yourself posted? You said that ''just for those who keep saying the RFEC is "trying hard" to protect Contador, when is clear who's behind the delays and the nonsense behind his case....'', the 'when' in the second part of your sentence clearly suggests that this news (UCI is responsible for the delay) would be a blow for those people who thought the RFEC is trying to protect Contador, yet those two things (UCI responsible for the delays, RFEC trying to protect Contador) are completely unrelated, at least, you haven't made it clear why the UCI being responsible for the delays somehow makes it more unlikely that the RFEC is trying to protect Contador.

Besides, there isn't even any hard evidence that the UCI is responsible for the long length of this case. The RFEC already suggested this case could take till the beginning of februari, before they asked the UCI for advice.
 
Oct 5, 2010
87
0
0
I've been busy the last couple days so am coming late to the party. I don't have the time to read thru this very lengthy thread so I apologize for asking what I'm sure has already been discussed at length.

am I correct in thinking that because AC is only getting a 1 year ban that the RFEC is accepting AC's tainted meat defense? if they thought the Clen came from a blood transfussion then they clearly would have given a harsher sentence?
The UCI labs hasn't given the RFEC all the information that they requested have they? Is there anything to read into the fact that the RFEC has jumped the gun and ruled without getting all the answers that the asked for?
From my point of view it would seem that the RFEC is playing politics. AC is extremely popular in Spain so the RFEC, by being lenient and rushing their judgement, seems to want this to go to the CAS so that they can make the ultimate decision. This would shift the blame by the Spanish public off of the RFEC and onto the CAS.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Colm.Murphy said:
Will be appealed and 2 yrs applied.

Cannot justify mitigating circumstances when there is no reliable proof of unintentional consumption. Cannot justify a reduction in the standard 2 yr ban when athletes of similar results, and similar claims have failed to gain a reduction in sanction.

Contador needs to grit his teeth and accept that he is going to be sidelined for 2 yrs, as surely WADA will appeal. Nothing to be done. Either shut up and cede the sentence or go the global thermonuclear route and join up with Floyd Landis to "Lance" the boil of doping that ruins the face of cycle racing.

Do it Alberto. Give us all a shred of hope.

We will cheer you if you expose Pepe, Bruyneel and their cohorts. Do it. Show us you have the courage of a champion, just as Landis did. Final nail in the coffin of truth.
Don't expect Berto to spread like butter. Landis is a one off, a renegade as you will. If you read the Lance books Landis was always seeking higher salarys , comparing notes with other riders on their salarys etc. Amy(Landis wife) wanted to party with Floyd and Kid Rock after the tour. Telling.

Like a sheep Contador went and rode for Vinos' team. Vino gave Contador zero respect after Albertos' pos.He could have sat out the season and ridden for a team that would give Contador the respect he deserves. Now look at the poor sod, Alberto's a deer in the headlights.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
flicker said:
Don't expect Berto to spread like butter. Landis is a one off, a renegade as you will. If you read the Lance books Landis was always seeking higher salarys , comparing notes with other riders on their salarys etc. Amy(Landis wife) wanted to party with Floyd and Kid Rock after the tour. Telling.

Like a sheep Contador went and rode for Vinos' team. Vino gave Contador zero respect after Albertos' pos.He could have sat out the season and ridden for a team that would give Contador the respect he deserves. Now look at the poor sod, Alberto's a deer in the headlights.
indeed, he's said to be feeling rather depressed:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27012011/58/tour-de-france-depressed-contador-holed-hotel.html
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY