• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Landis" Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Excellent interview, the honesty of Landis is refreshing rather than the constant lies, cover ups and PR that currently pervade the sport. He knows the circus still continues and when you see guys like Millar, Vino, Riis, Yates etc still making gravy under the pretence of it being real, you know nothing has changed. Wasn't it Leinders who said about the snake changing its skin but still being a snake.

Re:

ebandit said:
...yawn! floyd is just stating what we can see...just 'cos it's in agreement with here..

what makes it great......does he really know anything?

Mark L

The problem is that the sport risks imploding in terms of TV money and the contracts which can be offered. That I suspect would be a consequence of any further scandals. In fact, even "The Clinic" would lose its purpose in such a scenario. As in essence the entire sport would be pronounced dirty. SKY are now holding a gun to the sport's head and they know it.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Lan

DamianoMachiavelli said:
Benotti69 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/hell-always-have-paris-floyd-landis-returns-to-the-tour-de-france/

Straight talking from Landis.

Amazing how the Sky PR machine has not kicked into gear to promote "their credibility over Landis's credibilty"... :rolleyes:

But then again maybe the 'Syd storm' has made the Sky machine stand down to rethink its strategy.

A journalist in France told Floyd how relieved he was to be talking straight talk with him after listening to Brailsford over the last three weeks.

The journalists know.

Do you have a link to said journalist....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Shame said:
Landis still doesn't get it.
He doesn't belong. He isn't apologetic.
He seems to think if he had won that stage by a smaller margin, then everything would have been ok?
Him and Tyler Hamilton's miraculous solo wins were drug-fueled ego rides.
Maybe they caught it from Lance. Who knows?
Plus, Landis and Hamilton are both snitches.
I've got no interest in either of them.
Why didn't Landis start a testosterone patch business?
At least we know the product really works.

So you whinge about him doping but want him to become a dealer.

Landis didn't like Testosterone, it made him stiff, preferred HGH. His positive was spiked, imo.

Point out the clean riders from Landis's time in the peloton?

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

adamfo said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:
A journalist in France told Floyd how relieved he was to be talking straight talk with him after listening to Brailsford over the last three weeks.

The journalists know.

It is not my place to out the journalist. I will say that it was not David Walsh, but you could figure that out since Walsh has not been a journalist for a long time. In fact judging by the propaganda he put out for Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, and Paula Radcliffe, it is questionable whether he was ever a journalist.

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Shame said:
Landis still doesn't get it.
He doesn't belong. He isn't apologetic.
He seems to think if he had won that stage by a smaller margin, then everything would have been ok?
Him and Tyler Hamilton's miraculous solo wins were drug-fueled ego rides.
Maybe they caught it from Lance. Who knows?
Plus, Landis and Hamilton are both snitches.
I've got no interest in either of them.
Why didn't Landis start a testosterone patch business?
At least we know the product really works.

Oh...cannabis works. Only if you believe pharma drivel would you think otherwise. Or never been interested enough to try it yourself when injured. It's incredibly effective for altering the perception of pain...but without addiction.

"Hamilton and Landis are both snitches. I've got no interest in either of them."
Simple omerta talk. Ever had a secret that weighed on your soul?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

DamianoMachiavelli said:
Benotti69 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/hell-always-have-paris-floyd-landis-returns-to-the-tour-de-france/

Amazing how the Sky PR machine has not kicked into gear to promote "their credibility over Landis's credibilty"... :rolleyes:

But then again maybe the 'Syd storm' has made the Sky machine stand down to rethink its strategy.

The journalists know. Despite Walsh denials and depictions to the contrary, members of the media have the same feeling they did in 1999. They know it is no different this time around. They cannot deal honestly with the extent of doping ten to fifteen years ago, even though nearly all the riders have retired and everything could be written off as water under the bridge. It is no wonder they cannot deal with the obvious doping that going on today.
Brilliant stuff from Landis.
He, and guys like Kimmage and Tucker. The number of straight talkers can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Amidst aĺl the braininsulting crap were getting from the rest, they are like breaths of fresh air, drops of cold fresh water in a huge dry desert.
If it wasnt for these few guys, the situation would be completely utterly hopeless.

Tell floyd he can knock on my door anytime. I used to be a decent homegrower back in the days. Two 400 watts natrium lamps, 1 room, 4 square metres, 60 to 80 plants. Monthly harvest. Was one of the most interesting hobbies I ever had, but i couldn't keep up because the plants need daily care. :cool: ;)

Benotti69 said:

Landis pretty much hit every note that most of us here in the clinic have been talking about: Armstrong, USADA, USA Cycling, Walsh, Froome, Wiggins, Omertà, ASO, UCI, Prudhomme, money talks, collusion, hypocrisy, lack of honest journalism, gatekeepers, silencing and mocking the dissident(s), lawsuits, stupidity....Did I miss anything?

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

BullsFan22 said:
Benotti69 said:

Landis pretty much hit every note that most of us here in the clinic have been talking about: Armstrong, USADA, USA Cycling, Walsh, Froome, Wiggins, Omertà, ASO, UCI, Prudhomme, money talks, collusion, hypocrisy, lack of honest journalism, gatekeepers, silencing and mocking the dissident(s), lawsuits, stupidity....Did I miss anything?
Fanboys that "admit that SKY is probably doping, they all are, but there must be something else also". There have been a couple of those here lately.

Once upon a time, I believe Merckx Index posted a summary of the "how" of Landis' positive. My recollection of the summary is they retested until they got a result they wanted. It was impossible to explain simply, therefore Verbruggen was probably behind it.

With Verbruggen back in charge of the UCI, maybe we'll get another case like that.

DamianoMachiavelli said:
adamfo said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

The journalists know.

It is not my place to out the journalist. I will say that it was not David Walsh, but you could figure that out since Walsh has not been a journalist for a long time. In fact judging by the propaganda he put out for Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, and Paula Radcliffe, it is questionable whether he was ever a journalist.

So you've made it up?

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
:D I think he probably made it up

Anyway, a good read from Floyd, and he's almost certainly correct about 'the script'.

I'm curious about Floyd still not being sure about his ban. I think there are numerous possibilities, one of which was that he doped and was caught.

It could have been a French plot to stop Americans openly sh1tting on their race. It could have been an attack from the UCI on ASO as part of their ongoing power struggle. It could have been a genuine attempt to put a line in the sand (Unlikely, I know)

Floyd is insistent that his positive for testosterone is false. Once he pays back the FFF, he will probably sue USADA, ASO, WADA, for destroying his career, and taking his 06 TdF tittle. Fair is fair. False positive.

Re:

kwikki said:
I doubt it. He admitted to heavy doping. Just not testosterone.

So pretty similar to Ben Johnson then? Johnson was busted in similar fashion. Dominates an event where almost all the other finalists in that 100m were doping, before/after failed tests and/or were suspected to later. We all know how USOC cleared Carl Lewis numerous times. Johnson, like Landis, crushes the competition, wins, then a couple days later, it is announced that he failed a test. Johnson said they actually busted him for the wrong thing. If my memory is correct, he said in an interview that he was doping (nothing that nobody else was doing at the time, according to him) at the time and during the Olympics, but they busted him not for what he actually took to prepare for those 100m races, but something else. A "false" positive, then? Am I reading/understanding that correctly? Seems like they both pissed off the wrong people and those people had enough power to influence the higher ups (or the higher ups ended up getting pissed) and they were busted. I completely understand the anger. Landis said it himself, perhaps he just rode too fast that day? Crushing the final mountain stage in old-school fashion? Johnson did the same thing. He broke the world record to win the Olympic 100m! It doesn't get more prestigious than that!

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
...Landis didn't like Testosterone, it made him stiff, preferred HGH. His positive was spiked, imo....
I thought so too, at one time.

Without question, the T/E test was bollocks because the variance in the results was high enough that any credible laboratory would have invalidated them. I think the sample was contaminated, and the epitestosterone degraded faster over time than the testosterone, so T/E was fated to be higher still each time it was tested. Regardless, and despite D1ck Pound's hyperbolic statement asserting a man with so much testosterone should be violating every virgin within 100 miles, the results from tests empirically measuring Landis' total testosterone levels were never any higher than low-normal. If he was doping with anabolics, he was doing it badly. And despite any claims to the contrary from the press, there was never any direct test indicating a high testosterone level.

And there will always be doubts regarding the CIR tests because (as was entered into evidence in the arbitration) the mass spectrometer the lab used was not running the correct manufacturer-prescribed software, nor did any of the lab techs know how (or have manuals instructing them how) to calibrate the device.

Unfortunately I cannot now find the source but some months ago -- while I was looking for some further statement from Landis regarding whether he actually was on testosterone that day, stage 17 -- I did find a statement in a reference I found at the time to be credible (which rules out forums and blogs) stating there were multiple other testosterone positives. Not stated but I got the impression that, because of the one positive, they randomly CIR tested other samples that previously had passed and found exogenous in IIRC three of them.

But none of that removes the doubts about the efficacy of that particular lab's CIR tests.

His confession, of course, mooted all of that, but I still get the uneasy feeling the he was the recipient of "abnormal" attention. As was Contador.

Then again, so were Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar the recipients of "abrormal" attentions, so that isn't universally a bad thing.

This Charming Man said:
Floyd is insistent that his positive for testosterone is false. Once he pays back the FFF, he will probably sue USADA, ASO, WADA, for destroying his career, and taking his 06 TdF tittle. Fair is fair. False positive..
Was. Was insistent. I haven't heard or read of him speaking to it since he confessed.

And being as he publicly has confessed to other forms of cheating, I can't see that he'd crave the added humiliation of contesting just which forms of cheating it was that he was guilty of.

StyrbjornSterki said:
Benotti69 said:
...Landis didn't like Testosterone, it made him stiff, preferred HGH. His positive was spiked, imo....

Without question, the T/E test was bollocks because the variance in the results was high enough that any credible laboratory would have invalidated them. I think the sample was contaminated, and the epitestosterone degraded faster over time than the testosterone, so T/E was fated to be higher still each time it was tested. Regardless, and despite D1ck Pound's hyperbolic statement asserting a man with so much testosterone should be violating every virgin within 100 miles, the results from tests empirically measuring Landis' total testosterone levels were never any higher than low-normal. If he was doping with anabolics, he was doing it badly. And despite any claims to the contrary from the press, there was never any direct test indicating a high testosterone level.

If Floyd was clean of "T" and he knows it, he could sue, and get a few million back, plus the added revenge, towards the authorities. Since Floyd is in the cannabis business, he is already sticking his thumb in the eye of the Feds, appears, from reading the books written, with Floyds' antics, appears he does not have a whole lot of respect, for "THE MAN"
The USAda, can't do retroactive testing searching for other anomalies, in Floyds organisim.
And there will always be doubts regarding the CIR tests because (as was entered into evidence in the arbitration) the mass spectrometer the lab used was not running the correct manufacturer-prescribed software, nor did any of the lab techs know how (or have manuals instructing them how) to calibrate the device.

Unfortunately I cannot now find the source but some months ago -- while I was looking for some further statement from Landis regarding whether he actually was on testosterone that day, stage 17 -- I did find a statement in a reference I found at the time to be credible (which rules out forums and blogs) stating there were multiple other testosterone positives. Not stated but I got the impression that, because of the one positive, they randomly CIR tested other samples that previously had passed and found exogenous in IIRC three of them.

But none of that removes the doubts about the efficacy of that particular lab's CIR tests.

His confession, of course, mooted all of that, but I still get the uneasy feeling the he was the recipient of "abnormal" attention. As was Contador.

Then again, so were Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar the recipients of "abrormal" attentions, so that isn't universally a bad thing.

This Charming Man said:
Floyd is insistent that his positive for testosterone is false. Once he pays back the FFF, he will probably sue USADA, ASO, WADA, for destroying his career, and taking his 06 TdF tittle. Fair is fair. False positive..
Was. Was insistent. I haven't heard or read of him speaking to it since he confessed.

And being as he publicly has confessed to other forms of cheating, I can't see that he'd crave the added humiliation of contesting just which forms of cheating it was that he was guilty of.

StyrbjornSterki said:
Benotti69 said:

This Charming Man said:

Can we maybe assume or toss out the possibility that maybe Wonderboy might've had something to do with Floyd being busted? Maybe a punishment or a way to screw him over?

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
kwikki said:
This Charming Man said:
kwikki said:

Never phased Bjarne Riis, nor Marco Pantani.

Different era, different situation. Floyd, like Armstrong, is condemned to eternal damnation.

Yet, Contadoper, Froome, Evans, Nibali are still worshipped here for reasons unknown.
Yup, and Lemond too.

MacBAir said:
86TDFWinner said:
kwikki said:
This Charming Man said:
kwikki said:

Different era, different situation. Floyd, like Armstrong, is condemned to eternal damnation.

Yet, Contadoper, Froome, Evans, Nibali are still worshipped here for reasons unknown.
Yup, and Lemond too.

Only difference being LeMond is clean.....unless you know something we all don't? Please share your evidence that he did?

86TDFWinner said:
This Charming Man said:
kwikki said:

Yup, and Lemond too.[/quote]

Only difference being LeMond is clean.....unless you know something we all don't? Please share your evidence that he did?[/quote]

Absurd to call out Greg as a PED user. The other ones, stated, yes, Greg, different category, as a person, and an athlete, 100% authentic.

TRENDING THREADS