• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Landis" Thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
garmin_large.jpg
"So I just pee into this thing while I'm riding? And no one will notice?"

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
he should be banned for that

Oh, so now you're having a go at Race Radio too? :p

Ok, ok, back on topic...

Yes. Lim's comment is despicable, even if he immediately retracted it
Of course, he adds quickly, “I wouldn’t do that.”
I still can't believe he would say that in to a reporter—in any context.

It's always difficult to sift through the mud.

Floyd said Lim assisted.
Lim denies all knowledge.
JV says Floyd gave Lim the green light, that he wasn't involved.
Lim admits to being involved.
Lim claims that Floyd threw him under the bus.
Granville57 thinks there's a lot of BS being thrown back-and-forth...

Dr. Maserati said:
Nah, he is not running a doping scheme,

I think I posted too quickly since that wasn't what I was trying to convey. Instead, it's "leading edge doctors" covering for Armstrong/Landis doping program.

Dr. Maserati said:
I gotta kick that he got approx $250k to join Armstrong - thats a lot of money for not a lot of return.

I'd argue Wonderboy was trying to borrow some of the "JV's squad is the cleans." If it worked, then it was very likely worth much more than $250,000. Lim was perfectly willing to play along and doesn't seem any worse off for it.h

I believe that Armstrong was the main driver of the post-sanction Landis ban with Hein helping him out. The UCI has lots of history with various relegation to Continental teams, and other creative methods of demoting riders they don't like. Again, this notion that it was a level playing field for Armstrong is fundamentally wrong.

Granville57 said:

Think about it like the doctor from Camus' "The plague." All this corruption and life threatening stuff all around and there's Lim with a plan to fix cycling. Even though there was never the slightest chance that he was going to clean cycling up. Not even a little. It's much easier to be a beard if you fictionalize it. And $250,000 better off!

Granville57 said:

Floyd said Lim assisted.

More than just Granville57 thinks the story is incomplete.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:

Ok, ok, back on topic...

Floyd said Lim assisted.

Landis or Levi make no mention of Lim in their affidavits. And in the interview Landis did with Kimmage he wasn't mentioned regarding doping either.
Nor does Lim appear to be one of the redacted names.

Obviously he knew, but there appears to be little more than perhaps babysitting the blood bags.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I don't think that matters. Even if I can go pull the filings none of the folks are allowed to talk about it. Floyd will not discuss it with anyone.

Is anybody considering that Floyd is really burnt-out on all the negative attention? And this might have something to do with his reluctance to engage on the topic?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:

Ok, ok, back on topic...

Floyd said Lim assisted.

I wonder what Levi says?

The article says

Lim got an offer from Saris Cycling Group, the company behind PowerTap, to help coach a sponsored rider: Floyd Landis.

It appears Lim was hired by Saris.....then why does Floyd have canceled checks to Lim for $80,000? Was this for services over and above what Saris payed him for?

It gets even more confusing with interviews like this
http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/allen-lim-garmins-guru
I didn't see Floyd do anything unethical or wrong when I worked with him.

that first year, he only paid me, like, 7000 dollars to do all that work with him. And I basically just went and hung out in Europe and had this great experience.

The same was true in 2006, I think I was paid a total of 5 grand or something, working for Floyd.

In his affidavit Levi says Landis got him to work with Del Moral in 2005. It was the first year he did transfusions. He then says he worked with a combination of advice from landis and Ferrari in 2006. No mention of Lim

Can't quite figure it out but someone is not telling the whole truth here

Lim's story fluxes…
Lim says, “I really walked into a **** show.” He became a witness to Landis’ doping, at one point having to nurse the rider back to health after a bad blood transfusion. "

Lim’s time with Landis was traumatizing.
“I was not the guy who helped Floyd Landis dope, but I was the guy who helped Floyd Landis survive doping,”

so going from working with Floyd to working for Armstrong in 2010..
and he had the gall to say he 'felt taken advantage of'??
"Armstrong offered him the job for roughly double what Lim had been making. “I felt like I had been taken advantage of,” Lim says. “The cleanest team in the world wasn’t going to take care of me—but the dirtiest guy in the world was.”

but this is the topper for me..
"He does, however, take partial credit for Landis’ now-notorious Stage 17 performance. "

How does he rationalize all this?? the guy has serious reality problems I think..:confused:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/02/skratch-labs/

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Landis or Levi make no mention of Lim in their affidavits.

Not exactly, Doc. And quite frankly, I'm somewhat shocked by your oversight! :eek:

Allow me to present Exhibit B from Floyd's USADA testimony.
(From Floyd's email to Steve Johnson of USA Cycling)

2005: I had learned at this point how to do most of the transfusion technicals and other things on my own so I hired Allen Lim as my assistant to help with details and logistics. He helped Levi Leipheimer and I prepare the transfusions for Levi and made sure they were kept at the proper temperature. We both did two separate transfusions that Tour however my hematocrit was too low at the start so I did my first one a few days before the start so as not to start with a deficit.

We should keep in mind that regardless of what the reputable Allen Lim claims, this was part of Floyd's SWORN TESTIMONY.

My favorite part, by far, though was the following paragraph. After a year-by-year breakdown of key transgressions, the next paragraph starts with
2006: Well, you get the idea... :D

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Not exactly, Doc. And quite frankly, I'm somewhat shocked by your oversight! :eek:

We should keep in mind that regardless of what the reputable Allen Lim claims, this was part of Floyd's SWORN TESTIMONY.

My favorite part, by far, though was the following paragraph. After a year-by-year breakdown of key transgressions, the next paragraph starts with

Nope - the email is not part of his sworn testimony. Its an exhibit of the original email he sent to Johnson.
The affidavit is his sworn testimony.

While I think Lim was a part of it, babysitting or perhaps transportation, neither Levi or Floyd mentioned him further.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Landis or Levi make no mention of Lim in their affidavits. And in the interview Landis did with Kimmage he wasn't mentioned regarding doping either.
Nor does Lim appear to be one of the redacted names.

This is understandable. As Floyd might say "Who the fork knows Alan Lim?"

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Nope - the email is not part of his sworn testimony. Its an exhibit of the original email he sent to Johnson.

That was indicated by the part of my post that read:
Granville57 said:
No vortexing :cool:

I did wonder about the "Sworn" part of it though. His affidavit states:

51: On or about April 30, 2010 I sent a detailed email to Steve Johnson of USA Cycling regarding my allegations of doping in professional cycling, including doping by the USPS Team. A true and correct copy of my April 30, 2010 email is attached hereto as Exhibit B.
So wouldn't Exhibit B, and the information contained therein, be considered part of his "sworn testimony"?

I don't know the legal specifics of this.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
That was indicated by the part of my post that read:
No vortexing :cool:

I did wonder about the "Sworn" part of it though. His affidavit states:

So wouldn't Exhibit B, and the information contained therein, be considered part of his "sworn testimony"?

I don't know the legal specifics of this.
Nor do I - but his affidavit starts with "...under penalty of perjury, declare and state" and where he signs says "I swear to affirm...".
The email is a true and accurate copy of the email he sent, which does not necessarily mean the email contents are true and accurate - as an example the error that LA won the 2002 Tour de Suisse.

Race Radio said:
This is understandable. As Floyd might say "Who the fork knows Alan Lim?"
Certainly true - as in the affidavit he states it is "not an exhaustive summary of my testimony".

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
The email is a true and accurate copy of the email he sent, which does not necessarily mean the email contents are true and accurate
Understood, and that's how I interpreted after a moments thought as well.

Help me out here though. Where did Floyd tell the story about he and Levi sharing the apartment in France that served only as a place to store their blood?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Understood, and that's how I interpreted after a moments thought as well.

Help me out here though. Where did Floyd tell the story about he and Levi sharing the apartment in France that served only as a place to store their blood?
Levi's affidavit - best part of that was that Armstrong knew about it, Floyd suspected it was del Moral who told him.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Levi's affidavit - best part of that was that Armstrong knew about it, Floyd suspected it was del Moral who told him.
You da man. :cool: That was my next place to look but I had mistakenly thought it had come from Floyd.

Levi's Affidavit:

70. Prior to the 2005 Tour de France, Floyd Landis and I rented an apartment in France in which we stored our blood. During the Tour we used the apartment to re-infuse the blood.

71. During the 2005 Tour, Floyd told me that Lance had made a comment about the apartment in France where Floyd was keeping his blood. Floyd felt that the comment indicated that Lance had found about his blood doping program, most likely from Dr. del Moral.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
You da man. :cool: That was my next place to look but I had mistakenly thought it had come from Floyd.

Levi's Affidavit:

another good one from Levi's affidavit - where in 2009 (IIRC) he is chatting with LA and he mentions a new product that is meant to be out.
LA says "you know I'm down for it" - a strange thing to say for a guy who came back clean......