Official "be nice" Lance Armstrong thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 19, 2009
190
0
0
Can we let the Tour go.....I am tired of it.

Contador and Armstrong don't get along, both are playing PR games and both did stuff along the way. We always have to remember that a disagreement always goes both ways.......I wish i could have been a fly at the team meetings.
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
Both ways, really!

So what did Contador do, that can justify this immature bullying behaviour from Armstrong?

Trying to drop Fränk Schleck on a climb and accidentally dropping Klöden instead - that can happen in a bikerace. But sabotaging a teammates transport to the ITT? Stealing his water? Purposely leaving him in the wind? Come on, that's in a whole other category, thats just low!
 
HL2037 said:
Both ways, really!

So what did Contador do, that can justify this immature bullying behaviour from Armstrong?

Trying to drop Fränk Schleck on a climb and accidentally dropping Klöden instead - that can happen in a bikerace. But sabotaging a teammates transport to the ITT? Stealing his water? Purposely leaving him in the wind? Come on, that's in a whole other category, thats just low!
My guess, Contador had the audacity to be better than him at the one event (other than cancer) that defines who he is today.
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
That is my guess too. While there is no "I" in "team", apparently there is a "Lance-must-allways-win-also-when-he-is-not-the-strongest"
 
Aug 1, 2009
28
0
0
HL2037 said:
Both ways, really!

So what did Contador do, that can justify this immature bullying behaviour from Armstrong?

Trying to drop Fränk Schleck on a climb and accidentally dropping Klöden instead - that can happen in a bikerace. But sabotaging a teammates transport to the ITT? Stealing his water? Purposely leaving him in the wind? Come on, that's in a whole other category, thats just low!
I'm refreshed to see that someone else had the same interpretation of Contador's attack that I did. It seemed pretty obvious to me that he tried to get rid of F.Schleck and lost Kloden instead. In hindsight a mistake, but an understandable one (especially if he thought Kloden was going to get dropped and leave him isolated in the near future).
 
Apr 19, 2009
190
0
0
HL2037 said:
Both ways, really!

So what did Contador do, that can justify this immature bullying behaviour from Armstrong?

Trying to drop Fränk Schleck on a climb and accidentally dropping Klöden instead - that can happen in a bikerace. But sabotaging a teammates transport to the ITT? Stealing his water? Purposely leaving him in the wind? Come on, that's in a whole other category, thats just low!
Actually that attack is exactly as you said. Contador made a stupid mistake......honestly I am so tired of the countless threads on Armstrong and Contadaor. They both are driving me nuts.

Yes there is always two sides of every story and we will only see the ones that both want us to see.
 
Jun 10, 2009
249
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, but certainly you can understand the initial misunderstanding.

Either way, I truly wish he would just go away. It would free up some serious time in my life...
You would find somebody else to hate.
 
Jun 10, 2009
249
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
You applying for the job? Tell me about yourself.
Maybe, how much does it pay?

As far as I'm concerned. I like to take candy from babies, pour sugar down old people's gas tanks that drive too slow, break a blind man's walking stick when he gets in my way and make fun of brilliant people.
 
RightWingNutJob said:
Maybe, how much does it pay?

As far as I'm concerned. I like to take candy from babies, pour sugar down old people's gas tanks that drive too slow, break a blind man's walking stick when he gets in my way and make fun of brilliant people.
**** Cheney is that you?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
RightWingNutJob said:
Maybe, how much does it pay?

As far as I'm concerned. I like to take candy from babies, pour sugar down old people's gas tanks that drive too slow, break a blind man's walking stick when he gets in my way and make fun of brilliant people.
The pay is pretty bad, but from the rest of the post I have to say that you aren't such a bad guy, and I was wondering if you need a BFF?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Would you guys quit just randomly deleting posts? We were just joking around. Dang, hair trigger.
 
Jun 10, 2009
249
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
The pay is pretty bad, but from the rest of the post I have to say that you aren't such a bad guy, and I was wondering if you need a BFF?
Sure, why not. Send me a pm.
Something fishy is going on around here! We has been deleted!!
 
Mar 13, 2009
683
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Would you guys quit just randomly deleting posts? We were just joking around. Dang, hair trigger.
Damned Straight. I guess freedom of speech is a thing of the past with CN.
 
May 26, 2009
377
0
0
euphrades said:
honestly I am so tired of the countless threads on Armstrong and Contadaor. They both are driving me nuts.
+1, to the point where I don't spend much time here any more. There's other forums where racing gets discussed with less vitriol to wade through.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
yourwelcome said:
+1, to the point where I don't spend much time here any more. There's other forums where racing gets discussed with less vitriol to wade through.
You and Euphrades come to a thread titled "Official "be nice" Lance Armstrong thread" and complain about Armstrong being discussed?

Hint to the both of you, when the little hand with the finger shows up when you pass the cursor over the link to the thread, don't use your left click button on your mouse.

You can find this and many more helpful tips at http://www.uselesscomplaints.com
 
Jul 26, 2009
1,594
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
You and Euphrades come to a thread titled "Official "be nice" Lance Armstrong thread" and complain about Armstrong being discussed?

Hint to the both of you, when the little hand with the finger shows up when you pass the cursor over the link to the thread, don't use your left click button on your mouse.

You can find this and many more helpful tips at http://www.uselesscomplaints.com
Glad I am not the only one who was a bit perplexed by their sentiment. Sort of like complaining about how much of TV is lame. Turn the tube off.
 
yourwelcome said:
+1, to the point where I don't spend much time here any more. There's other forums where racing gets discussed with less vitriol to wade through.
+1. Nothing beats this place for entertainment, an I applaud CN for that. I can tell by your post count that you don't meet the lofty numbers that qualify you to contribute anything of value. Fortunately, there are other boards where the lesser among us can go and discuss the sport we love.
 
Apr 19, 2009
190
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
You and Euphrades come to a thread titled "Official "be nice" Lance Armstrong thread" and complain about Armstrong being discussed?

Hint to the both of you, when the little hand with the finger shows up when you pass the cursor over the link to the thread, don't use your left click button on your mouse.

You can find this and many more helpful tips at http://www.uselesscomplaints.com
Honestly I posted here instead of starting another thread, and its ironic that I get cr@p for saynig i am sick of hearing about Armtrong and Contador and all you guys are doing is complaining about Armstrong here as well.....I am just tired of the countless articles published about them its old.
 
Apr 19, 2009
190
0
0
SpeedWay said:
+1. Nothing beats this place for entertainment, an I applaud CN for that. I can tell by your post count that you don't meet the lofty numbers that qualify you to contribute anything of value. Fortunately, there are other boards where the lesser among us can go and discuss the sport we love.
I am confused by this post, you have 74 and YourWelcome has 107.....
 
Jul 26, 2009
1,594
0
0
euphrades said:
Honestly I posted here instead of starting another thread, and its ironic that I get cr@p for saynig i am sick of hearing about Armtrong and Contador and all you guys are doing is complaining about Armstrong here as well.....I am just tired of the countless articles published about them its old.
We are under Master Lance's trance. We must post about him, we wish we could stop, but our freedom of choice has been taken from us. JB can tell you what that is like. AC has escaped, but he shall endure the Dark Master's eternal torment. We are under His spell. We may say whatever we would like, so long as we are talking about him. There is no such thing as bad publicity, so long as we spell His name correctly.

I beseech Thee, Tell the world our story!
 
Jun 28, 2009
16
0
0
ggusta said:
We are under Master Lance's trance. We must post about him, we wish we could stop, but our freedom of choice has been taken from us. JB can tell you what that is like. AC has escaped, but he shall endure the Dark Master's eternal torment. We are under His spell. We may say whatever we would like, so long as we are talking about him. There is no such thing as bad publicity, so long as we spell His name correctly.

I beseech Thee, Tell the world our story!
...and from here then on, we will. Oh Lance! Let's accept it folks, we all admire Lance from 1999 through 2005. No cyclist would not, period. In "ANY WAY" he mastered those seven years,, it is a class act that i don't believe anybody in my lifetime can ever do again. Multitudes gave him due credit for that. Yet when he announced his comeback, i really thought it is for cancer awareness and that add to my admiration of him. I even thought he would be paying some dues to those comrades that HELPED him in his course to glory. I WAS SADLY MISTAKEN! I wish it's not too late for him to accept that life is always GIVE AND TAKE! I can't imagine how glorious it would be to see Lance being the super domestic for a teammate that deserves.
 
May 24, 2009
387
0
0
garciadb said:
. Oh Lance! Let's accept it folks, we all admire Lance from 1999 through 2005. No cyclist would not, period. In "ANY WAY" he mastered those seven years,, it is a class act that i don't believe anybody in my lifetime can ever do again.
Not all of us. I disliked him from the first time I met him in 1989. He was an A$$ then and now is an A$$ with money.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS