• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
veganrob said:
The way I understand it is thus,
If Chewwi tells me that LLR knows jacksh1t, that is merely hearsay. However if LLR admits that to me himself, that is evidence.

I'll accept Chewwi's ruling on this

I'll accept them both.

In particular, I like this part:

LeLanternRouge said:

This is evidence of his state of mind: not only does he tacitly admit to doping, but also to his desire to use political means to suppress the truth.

Now that is the Lance we know.

Dave.

veganrob said:
The way I understand it is thus,
If Chewwi tells me that LLR knows jacksh1t, that is merely hearsay. However if LLR admits that to me himself, that is evidence.

I'll accept Chewwi's ruling on this

Better:
Assume that Chewbacca and LLR are opposing parties. The "opposing" part is really important. Further assume that LLR has once upon a time (not in court) has said "I know jacksh1t."

If Chewwi tries to introduce LLR's statement, then that statement cannot possibly be hearsay because the hearsay rules exclude statements of a party-opponent from being hearsay.

On the other hand if LLR tries to introduce his own statement then that statement might be hearsay (depending on what LLR is trying to prove with the statement). It would certainly be hearsay if LLC was trying to prove that he really does know jacksh1t. On the other hand, it would not be hearsay LLC was trying to prove that once upon a time he said that he knew jacksh1t.

The law lets you introduce your opponent's prior statements into evidence because your opponent can always take the stand and deny those statements--and admit other evidence to prove that the statement is incorrect.

MarkvW said:
Everybody is lying!

LOL, right.

Followed by: "witch hunt", followed by "jealousy", followed by "vendetta to get me", followed by: " blah blah blah I'm a philanthropist & I have a foundation that cures cancer", followed by: " I'm too tired to fight & so is my family...blah blah blah", followed by:" everyone knows who really won those 7 tours".........basically.

MarkvW, you talk so much nonsense that has nothing to do with anything I have trouble figuring out what you expect to gain.

The process is what it is, and it is very simple.

The USADA will present their reasoned opinion soon, by October 15th.

The UCI has 21 days to respond, that would be early November.

If the UCI feel for whatever reason the USADA is wrong, it will then go to CAS.

All your long-winded posts are your attempt at playing lawyer wanna-be or you seriously have nothing better to do with your time.

Give it a break, already.

Berzin said:
MarkvW, you talk so much nonsense that has nothing to do with anything I have trouble figuring out what you expect to gain.

The process is what it is, and it is very simple.

The USADA will present their reasoned opinion soon, by October 15th.

The UCI has 21 days to respond, that would be early November.

If the UCI feel for whatever reason the USADA is wrong, it will then go to CAS.

All your long-winded posts are your attempt at playing lawyer wanna-be or you seriously have nothing better to do with your time.

Give it a break, already.

Put me on ignore. It will be good for both of us.

Over on Slowtwitch, Dan Empfield, the owner, the guy who never found a doper he did try to coddle, the guy who allowed people for years to post the most ridiculous BS denying obvious evidence of Armstrong's doping, the guy who banned people for even mentioning the doping histories of people like Carmichael, the guy who parroted Armstrong's attacks on the USADA under the canard of fairness, has banned all Lance threads on the eve of evidence being published.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Over on Slowtwitch, Dan Empfield, the owner, the guy who never found a doper he did try to coddle, the guy who allowed people for years to post the most ridiculous BS denying obvious evidence of Armstrong's doping, the guy who banned people for even mentioning the doping histories of people like Carmichael, the guy who parroted Armstrong's attacks on the USADA under the canard of fairness, has banned all Lance threads on the eve of evidence being published.

Ah yes, Slowditch to the rescue...

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Jack Aubrey said:
I'll bet your wrong and that UCI will dispute any samples from 99 used to determine or contribute to determining non-analytical positive. Let's wait and see...

Of course they would dispute their validity. It will be their best defense against corruption and other charges.

BroDeal said:

The only thing worse for Mr. Armstrong than people saying bad stuff about him is people saying nothing about him.

It's all good.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
The only thing worse for Mr. Armstrong than people saying bad stuff about him is people saying nothing about him.

It's all good.

No, it's not. The owner of Slowditch already admits that his "OpEd" about the USADA is already written and ready to publish...

People with little to no integrity deserve to be chided for their personal failure. There will be plenty of propaganda posted about one side; it's just the other that isn't allowed expression.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
A4IWkwfCMAAI45h.jpg

ChewbaccaD said:
No, it's not. The owner of Slowditch already admits that his "OpEd" about the USADA is already written and ready to publish...

People with little to no integrity deserve to be chided for their personal failure. There will be plenty of propaganda posted about one side; it's just the other that isn't allowed expression.

Mr. Slowtwitcher would appear to be hedging his bets, eh? His OpEd is written and ready for publication, but he'd rather wait and see the USADA report first? Seems like the guy is afraid of publishing now and looking foolish after the USADA report comes out.

I'd bet Mr. Slowtwitcher is hedging his bets with his audience, also. If his audience turns on Lance, he'll cater to that (or at least not oppose it).

I agree that Slowtwitcher invites flak. But Lance is surely taking publicity damage at what was once a bastion of considerable fanboyism. And this is happening before the anticipated deluge of facts. It can only get worse for him from there.

MarkvW said:
Mr. Slowtwitcher would appear to be hedging his bets, eh? His OpEd is written and ready for publication, but he'd rather wait and see the USADA report first?

Typical cowardly B.S. used in an attempt to remain relevant essentially adjusting the myth to fit the awful facts. Pretty typical for the Wonderboy faithful.

Look at it this way, the now ex-Wife was so into the legend that she was distributing drugs and she got a divorce out of it. Wonderboy's going to do the same to the faithful. He's already done it for so many.