• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
poor lance

poor lance..............his ego has been boosted for so long by fawning admirers

how long will it be until he realises that the tide has turned and he is no longer wanted as a celebrity?

surely he knows that usada's reasoned decision has been accepted by the overwhelming majority as the truth

all the anti lance vitriol on lance's facebook page must hurt

time for lance to start apologising big time or will he be firing back at critics?

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The Falcon said:
Do we have an Armstrong "downfall" vid yet? surely the genre is made for this....

No, but there's this...I want one of the wristbands

http://www.efflance.com/

...the FLA project seeks to address the public at large and its worshipping of athletes, genius, and iconic figures, the commodification and objectification of said celebrities as exchangeable entities and corporate advertisements, and most significantly, FLA documents the (generalizable) hero's inevitable fall from grace to failed pariah.

fla.jpg

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
purcell said:
I agree with this. Absent the Olympics there is no money to fund the corruption. The greed will drive those like McQuaid and Verbruggen elsewhere? Maybe the sport would have a chance to recreate itself in a positive way.

As much as it would hurt to have cycling excluded from the olympics I agree that it may be the only way. For this to happen we need the Floyd of track cycling to appear. I'll bet there are as many or more cheats on the track. Unless you think Pat and Hein that is!

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
shojii said:

...the FLA project seeks to address the public at large and its worshipping of athletes, genius, and iconic figures, the commodification and objectification of said celebrities as exchangeable entities and corporate advertisements, and most significantly, FLA documents the (generalizable) hero's inevitable fall from grace to failed pariah.

fla.jpg

These are awesome! I want one for myself and one for each fanboy I know!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
shojii said:

fla.jpg
are these co(k rings?

I like the negative references to his "charity" in the Bernstein article.

This is Lance's strongest and favourite refuge from behind whose strong defensive walls he, his lawyers and supporters spew out the misinformation. Start bringing out the truth about that to the general public and you would really expose him a lot more.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is Lance a Psychopath? Its kind of a fun game.:D

Checklist, and background from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
I would think he runs perfect scores in the first 2 facets.

Psychopathy Checklist
Main article: Hare Psychopathy Checklist
Psychopathy is most commonly assessed with the Psychopathy Checklist, Revised (PCL-R) created by psychologist Robert D. Hare. Each of the 20 items in the PCL-R is scored on a three-point scale, with a rating of 0 if it does not apply at all, 1 if there is a partial match or mixed information, and 2 if there is a reasonably good match to the offender. This is said to be ideally done through a face-to-face interview together with supporting information on lifetime behavior (e.g. from case files), but is also done based only on file information. It can take up to three hours to collect and review the information.[3]

Psychopathy Checklist-Revised: Factors, Facets, and Items[3]

Facet 1 Interpersonal

Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative

Facet 2 Affective

Lack of remorse or guilt
Emotionally shallow
Callous/lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Facet 3 Lifestyle

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Lack of realistic, long-term goals
Impulsiveness
Irresponsibility

Facet 4 Antisocial

Poor behavioral controls
Early behavioral problems
Juvenile delinquency
Revocation of conditional release
Criminal versatility.

Other

Many short-term marital relationships
Promiscuous sexual behavior

The PCL-R is referred to by some as the "gold standard" for assessing psychopathy. It was developed with and for criminal samples, based on the pioneer Hervey Cleckley's mid-20th century's characterization but with his positive-adjustment indicators omitted. High PCL-R scores are positively associated with measures of impulsivity and aggression, Machiavellianism, persistent criminal behavior, and negatively associated with measures of empathy and affiliation. 30 out of a maximum score of 40 is recommended as the cut-off for the label of psychopathy, although there is little scientific support for this as a particular break point. For research purposes a cut-off score of 25 is sometimes used.[3] In fact, the UK has used a cut-off of 25 rather than the 30 used in the United States.[17]

PCutter said:
Is Lance a Psychopath? Its kind of a fun game.:D

Checklist, and background from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
I would think he runs perfect scores in the first 2 facets.

Psychopathy Checklist
Main article: Hare Psychopathy Checklist

Revocation of conditional release

He nails them all except for this one.

He has not yet been conditionally released, and thus has not had a revocation of his conditional release. Give him time, though.

Of course, you don't have to have a completely perfect score to qualify for the picture in the Webster's dictionary.

You gave him full marks for the first two facets. I am curious. Why not the third?

Were you uncertain about 'Parasitic Life Style'? If so, consider when he knocked on George's door with DLM and took over a bedroom to get his transfusion fix.

Lance does not have a problem with the 'what is yours is mine' concept. Some would consider that parasitic.

Dave.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
....You gave him full marks for the first two facets. I am curious. Why not the third?

Dave.

In the 3rd Facet they include lack of long term goals. He had long term goals and the ability to plan how to get there...its just that this included cheating.

In the 4th Facet it includes early behavioural problems and Juvenile delinquency, I have no idea about what he was like in his childhood.

But as you note, he only needs to score 30 to qualify

Latest posts