• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Mike and I exchanged messages and its done.
the very fact that you lowered to such an ugly allegation to publicly insult mike (without any facts whatsoever) speaks for itself.

what followed in the pms is damage control b/c you made an a$$ of yourself - once again.

Betsy labeled Frankie mostly clean and I explained to her he was a doper and a cheat.
no one denied that frankie doped. the point i was making the manner in which you attacked betsy('you are married to a doper' when she made a single post) - cowardly from around the corner - in the thread that had nothing to do with frankie's doping.

this is the same manner you tried to deflect this thread to a french doper longo by saying that the french should shut the eff up rather that speak up against armstrong. that's all i and benotti warned frenchfry about and you response was i have no personal life and that benotti lost some argument to dr mas in the absolutely different thread.

now move along troll. I'm done with you.
i very much doubt you are done. it was your pro-armstrong trolling that was exposed several times by multiple posters. be sure i will call your falsehood again if i see them.

python said:
the very fact that you lowered to such an ugly allegation to publicly insult mike (without any facts whatsoever) speaks for itself.

what followed in the pms is damage control b/c you made an a$$ of yourself - once again.

no one denied that frankie doped. the point i was making the manner in which you attacked betsy('you are married to a doper' when she made a single post) - cowardly from around the corner - in the thread that had nothing to do with frankie's doping.

this is the same manner you tried to deflect this thread to a french doper longo by saying that the french should shut the eff up rather that speak up against armstrong. that's all i and benotti warned frenchfry about and you response was i have no personal life and that benotti lost some argument to dr mas in the absolutely different thread.

i very much you are done. it was your pro-armstrong trolling that was exposed several times by multiple posters. be sure i will call your falsehood again if i see them.

1) Wrong
2) So what
3) You don't
$) Thats what trolls who have me in their dome do, I welcome it.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
All night you have been arguing my infatuation was real. My god your stupidity knows no bounds.
i see one lie is followed by a second one...

throughout this exchange i refrained from personal names, (though you deserved them plenty). i only concentrated on exposing your duplicity and dishonesty via your own posting contradicting your claims.

you executed sneaky, cowardly attacks and insults of the well known public figures and the cn posters - mike anderson, betsy and several others - whilst you even declined to publicly apologize to them.

the only reason i continue to engage you is b/c the board was recently exposed to a similar fraud who pretended to be anti-armstrong but turned out to be a rat.

idttywlm said:
I was disappointed with this piece on Daily Peloton:

http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=20287

Mr. Langle and Mr. Grahl seem to have a very limited understanding of all the circumstances surrounding the accusations surrounding Mr. Armstrong.

Sorry if this was referenced before.

dailypeloton are just as fraudulent as phil and paul. dailypeloton promoted omerta for years. i fought with them and then moved on. dailypeloton is a complete joke and their forum members have plummeted in number and posts -- plummeted -- in the last couple of years.

idttywlm said:
I was disappointed with this piece on Daily Peloton:

http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=20287

Mr. Langle and Mr. Grahl seem to have a very limited understanding of all the circumstances surrounding the accusations surrounding Mr. Armstrong.

Sorry if this was referenced before.

Ambulance Chasing Bobble Heads.

Did you note that the authors are both second rate lawyers.

Drivel without any coherent research, analysis or conclusions.

Just ask yourself if you would hire either of them?

I want my two seconds of skimming back, stat.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
think about this
GotDropped said:
Could it be, and this is just speculation, that the UCI had total control over everything. Even allowing the doping so that they could, at whim, create a positive on whoever they wanted, thus controlling everyone, even the winners of the races (e.g. Floyd at tour 2006, Contadar, Hamilton etc. etc...).

then this
Ferminal said:
Do we actually believe the death threats are from the inner circle? Sounds more like crazy fans.

then ask yourself how unusual it is to die at the hands of a garage door?
THEN ask yourself how unusual it is when that dead rider went to the police about a doping ring and was a teammate of a high profile convicted doper?

I think a death threat needs to be taken quite seriously and with the facts we know, it is not out of the realm of possibility that high placed people might resort to such desperate measures. It is called "omerta" for a reason.

People do sometimes kill when the false world they have created for themselves is in danger of being destroyed. The fact that most people find that behaviour reprehensible and implausible does not change the fact that people do commit murder when their reality is threatened.

When USADA talks about this being more than about Lance, i tend to believe that is true and he is more of convenient hero. Who better to bring attention to the sport, a cancer survivor rises from the dead to win the TDF. Then he does it again. Can he do it 3 times? Can he tie the record of 5? Can he become the greatest winner of all time? This conspiracy had HUGE financial implications, more viewers, more sponsors, moving cycling into the mainstream, taking cycling from the sports section to the front page. An american hero goes to the largest relatively untapped resource the US and turns on the financial spigot. And everyone profits from the lie. The media, the sponsors, the sport. Show business at it's best. One of the best "hooks" in television is the returning champion. People tune in to root for them and root against them. Gameshows are frequently rigged for this. Not in the traditionally accepted sense, but once a suitable champion with a good story is found, the producers rig the game not by giving the answers or cheating like in the old days but instead by lining up inferior competition so the champ will prevail.
Cycling did the same thing by turning the riders into mere puppets and pulling all the strings with dope tests. Allowing the chosen few to dope without fear and then catching some of the lessor players to try to put forth the illusion they wanted.

peloton said:
python and RTinMA, take it to PM's, please.

Is Bruyneel playing time, or will he go to hearing, possibly forcing LA to testify?

The Johann story is another fascinating angle to all of this. Johann can lie to some degree, just never visit the U.S. anymore because there's a remote chance they open perjury charges on his lies. Wonderboy doesn't have that option.

How do these cheating scumbags deal with each other with rules enforcement hammering them? What's 'the code' among themselves now?

Maybe this is where Johann gets a big payout from Weisel to keep Wonderboy out of court? All very interesting....

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
The Johann story is another fascinating angle to all of this. Johann can lie to some degree, just never visit the U.S. anymore because there's a remote chance they open perjury charges on his lies. Wonderboy doesn't have that option.

How do these cheating scumbags deal with each other with rules enforcement hammering them? What's 'the code' among themselves now?

Maybe this is where Johann gets a big payout from Weisel to keep Wonderboy out of court? All very interesting....

Johan has a 'for sale' sign on his back. He only has upside here, since LA will pay huge to have him accept the sanction and keep silent. Interesting times for these two .....

Fortyninefourteen said:
Johan has a 'for sale' sign on his back. He only has upside here, since LA will pay huge to have him accept the sanction and keep silent. Interesting times for these two .....

Now that we know that USADA is going to publicly release the USPS Conspiracy information, the market value of accepting the sanction has probably gone way down.

Johan ought to be seriously downsizing at this time. Or, writing the greatest tell-all cycling book of all time! I'm sure he could get a job at Mellow Johnny's, though. I'm channelling Johan as Erich von Stroheim and Lance as Gloria Swanson...

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Now that we know that USADA is going to publicly release the USPS Conspiracy information, the market value of accepting the sanction has probably gone way down.

Johan ought to be seriously downsizing at this time. Or, writing the greatest tell-all cycling book of all time! I'm sure he could get a job at Mellow Johnny's, though. I'm channelling Johan as Erich von Stroheim and Lance as Gloria Swanson...

Sadly I think Lance will try to drag these hearing out forever.....motion after motion.....I hope to be incorrect but I do not think he is done fighting this by a long shot. Still the strain must be huge on LA and the entourage which is probably cracking under pressure. Once that happens....

MarkvW said:

But, we don't know the particulars on this as they have open cases.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just holding out the idea that each party to USADA's processing may get their own set of facts that fit together like a puzzle. That's how I'd do it anyway. That way, media gets their pre-formatted stories and they satisfy all of their procedural standards.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Sadly I think Lance will try to drag these hearing out forever.....motion after motion.....I hope to be incorrect but I do not think he is done fighting this by a long shot. Still the strain must be huge on LA and the entourage which is probably cracking under pressure. Once that happens....

What hearing? Lance has nothing to "hear" other than the legal offshoots of the evidence being disclosed since he quit the arbitration.
His problems will mount and the funds available to reserve a table at Cache for his lone remaining friend (mirror) will taper off. Is he still endorsing anything?

Page Mill Masochist said:
Not a lotta
Juan Pelota
of late.

Yesterday at a golf tournament:

Can you elaborate on your “attempt to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet”? Does it relate to any specific training/racing goals?
LA: Well, as I was reminded today on my trail run with Derick Williamson and Lance Parker – I am 41. Ha! Spotting these fellas a decade. Nonetheless, I have no intention of sitting still regardless [of] what anybody says. I am not banned from life. Period. I will continue to push myself and push others. There are a lot of other physical challenges out there and I plan on finding them and testing myself and continuing to spread the LIVESTRONG message worldwide. Lastly, there has been considerable interest in a separate “stand alone” series of endurance related events benefiting LIVESTRONG so this is something we are actively exploring. Stay tuned.

I forsee a lot of money being burned at the alter of one man's ego and neurotic need to remain relevant. Events are not very "profitable" for Livestrong. Maybe they will take the easy route by having existing events rebranded as part of a Livestrong series. Only weak events will go for that.

gosh it must totally suk to be him. i didn't even think this would be half as much fan as it's been and we aren't at the cool part yet.

talk about the gift that keeps on giving. it's just like in the movies where you have the villain who keeps evading his come uppance over and over until finally at the final scene he just gets shredded completely. what a payoff!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Yesterday at a golf tournament:

Can you elaborate on your “attempt to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet”? Does it relate to any specific training/racing goals?
LA: Well, as I was reminded today on my trail run with Derick Williamson and Lance Parker – I am 41. Ha! Spotting these fellas a decade. Nonetheless, I have no intention of sitting still regardless [of] what anybody says. I am not banned from life. Period. I will continue to push myself and push others. There are a lot of other physical challenges out there and I plan on finding them and testing myself and continuing to spread the LIVESTRONG message worldwide. Lastly, there has been considerable interest in a separate “stand alone” series of endurance related events benefiting LIVESTRONG so this is something we are actively exploring. Stay tuned.

I forsee a lot of money being burned at the alter of one man's ego and neurotic need to remain relevant. Events are not very "profitable" for Livestrong. Maybe they will take the easy route by having existing events rebranded as part of a Livestrong series. Only weak events will go for that.

I am reminded of Gerard Vroomen's blog about charity;
Let’s do an event in your town, sell 500 tickets at $200 for a total of $100k, and “100% of the proceeds go to charity”. Are you in?
But for me to show up to the event, for you guys to be able to claim “We got her to come visit for charity”, you’ve got to pay me personally $1M.

This would be the LieStrong model.