• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Velodude said:
Hamilton's author, Daniel Coyle, was also the LA approved author of "Lance Armstrong's War".

lawcoverpb.jpg

Coyle spent months in Spain with Armstrong and the team in preparation for the 2004 TdF. He dispelled some long standing myths and gained some insight into the man that served him well in writing Hamilton's book.

Pazuzu said:
True enough. But what's so unique about Armstrong is that, unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens - who the public knew were a$$holes, Armstrong was able to hoodwink a large proportion of the population into believing he was this noble person. When nothing could be further from the truth.

Scary how gullible some folks are.

Back when he was promoting his Armstrong book, long before all this broke, Coyle was asked in an interview what in his opinion was the public's greatest misconception about Armstrong. To his credit, he answered, "The public's greatest misconception about Armstrong? That he is a nice guy."

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Ban Thom Wiesel and purge USAC of his cronies. Shutting down USACDF would be a good too.

It's his system that plugged into Pat and Hein's schemes.

That little bit on another thread about Amgen encouraging clinical availability speaks volumes. Wiesel's proximity to Amgen's IPO and his stake in it has everything to do with the original Justice dept. dismissal of the case as much as certain Cal. politicians' support of his legacy. Money talks and if Tygart's declaration of "30 times worse" is going where I think it might it will lead to some seedy, corporate profiteering. While Weisel's fingerprints are all over this sh*t; he can't be stupid enough to be directly associated with an EPO connnection. His USA Cycling control will be gone soon because the Federation has no creditibility with anyone. They all should walk to the door voluntarily because they all knew what was going on from Eddie B to USPS. I'm surprised all of the USAC management hasn't left their keys on the desk and gone on an Ensenda vacation...for pot instead of PEDs.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Maxiton said:
Back when he was promoting his Armstrong book, long before all this broke, Coyle was asked in an interview what in his opinion was the public's greatest misconception about Armstrong. To his credit, he answered, "The public's greatest misconception about Armstrong? That he is a nice guy."

Your qoute made me dig up this interview - a "fun" read ;)

http://www.booknoise.net/armstrong/qanda.html

Booknoise: You moved to Spain to follow Armstrong and write about his season. What surprised you most about him?

Coyle: How much control he liked to have, over everything. He called every shot—not just with the bike, but with what backroad-route the training ride was going to follow, what brand coffee was on the team bus. You name it, he controlled it...

The last time I saw Armstrong, he’d just gotten a news-alert service on his BlackBerry that beeped whenever it located a news article with his name in it. The thing was buzzing every couple minutes. And he looked at it every time.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Tinman said:
At least you're not ein Berliner. Even if you are a female. Or bisexual perhaps.

To help you out of your misery :D:

JFK screwed it up before you with his "jelly doughnut" quote.

and "eine" is the female, instead you should use "ein" if male.

But then "Auslaender" is male again. Female equivalent is "Auslaenderin".

And nouns start with a capital.

and the e after the a is for using an umlaut if you don't have one on your keyboard.

Confused? Many are. ;)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Tinman said:
To help you out of your misery :D:

JFK screwed it up before you with his "jelly doughnut" quote.

and "eine" is the female, instead you should use "ein" if male.

But then "Auslaender" is male again. Female equivalent is "Auslaenderin".

And nouns start with a capital.

and the e after the a is for using an umlaut if you don't have one on your keyboard.

Confused? Many are. ;)

Danke. :D

I did type eine and think "Ach, iz ze wrong vun!" but meh. I knew Auslander was right -but didn't know how to extract the umlaut from my keyboard quickly. Good thing about friendly foreigners - they know what you mean and accept your attempt regardless. Pas de Frances, mai c'est la vie!

Italian is so much more palatable, I have found. a or o and you're done. Simple! And so phonetic.

Back to the pic - is there a translation for us faux multilinguists? What's the upshot, and what's it about? I can't load the originating page for some reason, might try again on the weekend when my connection reliability resumes, but a quick heads up on a precis would be appreciated!

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Back to the pic - is there a translation for us faux multilinguists? What's the upshot, and what's it about? I can't load the originating page for some reason, might try again on the weekend when my connection reliability resumes, but a quick heads up on a precis would be appreciated!

LOL

The pic shows various (mostly) business (but also personal) connections between Ferrari, Lance, Rominger, 2 swiss nationals (Marc Bivet & Roland Magne) and team Astana and various (6) swiss registered firms (that these guys own or are on the board of). It's clear that the LA and Ferrari business network spreads far and wide. Rominger is one (swiss) example one suspects.

Tinman said:
LOL

The pic shows various (mostly) business (but also personal) connections between Ferrari, Lance, Rominger, 2 swiss nationals (Marc Bivet & Roland Magne) and team Astana and various (6) swiss registered firms (that these guys own or are on the board of). It's clear that the LA and Ferrari business network spreads far and wide. Rominger is one (swiss) example one suspects.

Why is there no link between Lance and Astana?

bettiniphoto_0041866_1_full_600.jpg

Contador telling Lance to back off, or something even less polite.

Dave.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
D-Queued said:

Dave.

Remember Tyler's book? They're mano a mano'ing and Tyler's thinkng, "yep, still here". At another point he mentions when Lance is out of the saddle, he's going for it - at his limit.

With those points in mind, and Lance's haggard expression vs Contador's grin, I am guessing Albie is saying, "You struggling there, Big Tex? Imma ride one handed for a bit then blow you away. Come at me, bro. Come at me."

May 14, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:

Dave.

That's a great pic. It's pretty clear Contador is telling Armstrong, "Get back there where you belong. You stand no chance up here. When I need your help I'll tell you."

Or, He's taunting him. "Feeling a-ok boss? Let's kick it up a couple of notches."

http://transparencyinsportblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/lance-armstrong-stole-my-10000/

Lance stole my £10,000.

Twelve years have passed since Lance Armstrong mugged me. It was in public but none of the watchers shouted ‘Stop thief!’ We were crowded in a small bookshop near Trafalgar Square in Central London. Six books had made the short list for the £10,000 Sports Book of the Year prize. Slowly, the chairman of the judging panel eliminated the also-rans. My book about Olympic corruption was still in the race! I’d been shortlisted ten years earlier for another book about sports corruption. Was it my turn, at last?]

But Sally insists, ‘Lance Armstrong is a good man. There’s nothing that I can learn about him short of murder that would alter my opinion on that . . . For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations.’

Sally Jenkins, chosen and enriched by Lance
Oh dear, Sally. This is embarrassing. The evidence screams that he forced team members to dope, even when they didn’t want to. A fiercely drugged-up entourage in the peloton propelled him to greater riches. Sally, for goodness sake, your pal Lance was a dealer! He chased down, threatened and tried to destroy people who told the truth.

And Sally’s wrong about something else. She wrote, ‘One thing I know about Armstrong, my friend and book collaborator of a decade now, is how much he loves a confrontation.’ Not any more he doesn’t. He’s hiding in his bunker in Austin Texas, reading the demands from sponsors for their money back and cancelled invitations to deliver uplifting and inspirational speeches.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
leftover pie said:
:D come at me.

hopefully he said it to him in pidgin spanish

Maxiton said:
That's a great pic. It's pretty clear Contador is telling Armstrong, "Get back there where you belong. You stand no chance up here. When I need your help I'll tell you."

Or, He's taunting him. "Feeling a-ok boss? Let's kick it up a couple of notches."

6dx5.jpg

thehog said:

Lance did a lot of harm to a lot of people.

Sally Jenkins - what a pathetic excuse for a "reporter", much less a human being. I don't think we will be hearing a mea culpa from her anytime soon, she has jumped into the Armstrong scam head first.

She wrote "For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations." Well, there isn't any doubt anymore Sally, and somehow I don't think that Armstrong has a horde of writers and photographers hanging around him any more to document his greatness so you will have to look for other cheaters and dope dealers to glorify.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Lance did a lot of harm to a lot of people.

Sally Jenkins - what a pathetic excuse for a "reporter", much less a human being. I don't think we will be hearing a mea culpa from her anytime soon, she has jumped into the Armstrong scam head first.

She wrote "For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations." Well, there isn't any doubt anymore Sally, and somehow I don't think that Armstrong has a horde of writers and photographers hanging around him any more to document his greatness so you will have to look for other cheaters and dope dealers to glorify.

Sally and others profitted mightily for selling the myth. That pretty much disqualifies any opinion she'd have and is a small price to pay for selling out.

http://www.beobachter.ch/justiz-behoerde/gesetze-recht/artikel/radsport_die-doping-connection/

Translated....

[size=+0][SIZE=+0]Least as strong as for doping practices, the investigators are interested in the business, the Armstrong and Ferrari unwound together. [/size][size=+0]The Italian prosecutor Benedetto Roberti from Padua studied since 2010, as the doping funds flowed. [/size][size=+0]Relies on his findings and the Usada report. [/size][size=+0]Roberti determined on suspicion of tax fraud, money laundering, forgery and drug trafficking. [/size][size=+0]Also these tracks lead to Switzerland Engadin to Ticino banks - especially in the Canton of Neuchâtel.[/size][/SIZE]
[size=+0][SIZE=+0]There, in the Neuchâtel Hauterive suburb, was 26th [/size][size=+0]1996 February, the Health & Performance SA was founded. [/size][size=+0]Official company purpose: "medical consultations related to professional sports, training, and care of athletes and sports groups." [/size][size=+0]The share capital amounted to CHF 100,000. [/size][size=+0]98,000 francs brought the Neuchâtel Laurent Magne in the company, two other people bought for 1,000 francs per share.[/size][/SIZE]

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It seems the wristband crowd have moved on from Livestrong, and it's not the kid who stood up for something:

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-...ld-crowds-ridiculous-fans-camp-162018004.html

Westfield said at 8pm last night that they had already given out all the wristbands:

"500 people are already in the queue for Kardashian wristbands; therefore anyone who arrives from now will not have the chance to meet them,"

This meant anyone arriving today could not pick up a wristband.

However, Khloe Kardashian has since taken to the girls' website to give their side of the story, sending their apologies to anyone who queued:

"In order to keep everyone safe, Westfield had to action a contingency plan for those who stood in line over night and made the decision to wristband the first 500 people because we didn't want it to become too intense for everyone."

TRENDING THREADS