• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. And its Monday...
couchpotato.jpg
Great thing to see on a Monday morning. Awesome job!

Also, gotta love the comments on the Yahoo article about the pic. All of the same fanboy BS. "Never failed a test," "No proof," "USADA report is BS." Do yellow wristbands come with a list of talking points?

The_Z_man said:

Also, gotta love the comments on the Yahoo article about the pic. All of the same fanboy BS. "Never failed a test," "No proof," "USADA report is BS." Do yellow wristbands come with a list of talking points?

Sheesh! Did they raid those comments from 2002? :rolleyes:

They threatened these ex-teammates. Anyone connected to Lance, they threatened to get hear-say evidence. Which is simply a he said she said situation. How can they base their information on hear-say to strip him. You are talking about a man who underwent severe chemotherapy to rid himself of a life threatening disease. Why would he mess with anything that would reverse that outcome.

There is no evidence. Just a crucifixion of a man who had cancer and still won 7 times. I mean...are they asserting that even when he COULD NOT have any other chemicals in his body such as the steroids due to the caustic reactions they set off with chemo that he was doping then, too?! It would've killed him! And, IF...IF...IF...did after that, their tests that seemed to be good enough for every other champ and cycler didn't show that he was on any, at the time. So, sucks for them, but folks --- We still have ourselves a 7x Champ

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
This twitter picture was on the France 2 evening news last night described as a "provocation". It is also featured in the written press this morning.

In Danish papers it was described as a provocation too. But when I saw the picture I thought it was more like angling for pity. Like "look at the old has-been clinging to the memories, all he has left are these worthless t-shirts"

I feel a musical moment coming on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
Armstrong is a doing a little bit one at a time to keep himself in the news. The guy is now a has-been. Cycling has now moved forward to talk about how best to deal with doping in the future.

I do find it strange that the resignation was backdated a week ago.

?? what are you talking about? Armstrong does not want to be in the news whatsoever. He wants nobody reporting or commenting on anything he has done or will do. With Armstrong's current situation the guilt he must feel from his inevitable fvckover of everybody he knows should be overwhelming . His family ,that he claims to care about so much are being hammered by everybody. Asked questions when they go to school, grocery,playground and everywhere else.

Also the impact he has had on the "organization" he claims to dedicate himself to totally is hollow at the very best. I am sure that the timing of the letter was calculated by multiple people not just the king of shame. He has a double dose of displeasure when everyday his existence costs people their jobs and previous work is damaged or ruined.

there are lots of other threads about proof that a team or person is clean. Armstrong will never be explain why George,Levi or Znuts would ruin not only their career but also negatively impact businesses that provide for their families and others. When Hincapie walked in,sat down the investigators laid out what was at stake. Same for the rest. If the sentence starts with, we have you and all these other guys but all we want is Lance, and your part is a small slap on the wrist in exchange for truth the decision was obvious for everybody but Armstrong.
If he wants to make things right he needs to turn his world truly upside down, he needs to shoulder 100% of the situation rather than his current calamity of spreading all this around to family,friends and co-workers who have been commanded to shoulder his share of shame.

It has been printed for decades that everybody is doing it, the use of PEDs. The balance of the worlds culture has said we already knew.so what for the most part. The only a$$bag still keeping this going is Lance,alone. Sponsors and races are dying in the US,one after the other. Lance if you are really the bike Jesus sacrifice yourself, fast.

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The_Z_man said:

Pity there wasn't room for Emma?

autologous said:
why did he post that provocative photo?

Exactly.

Better yet, why did he go through the premeditation of hiring a professional photographer and crew to take the photo in order to post it?

With all the quiet time on his hands, perhaps he can finally get in that time with the family and kids that he has to keep retiring for.

Not.

Dave.

photo

D-Queued said:
Exactly.

Better yet, why did he go through the premeditation of hiring a professional photographer and crew to take the photo in order to post it?

With all the quiet time on his hands, perhaps he can finally get in that time with the family and kids that he has to keep retiring for.

Not.

Dave.

that's right.............the pic is so obviously 'staged' why bother

would you feel chilled there even without the turmoil in his life?

i don't know about yourself but when i'm 'chilling' i have entertainment

books ...laptop...magazines etc within easy reach

D-Queued said:
Exactly.

Not.

Dave.

I think it's possible for someone (not a pro) to take a shot like this, a camera with a "panoramic" setting, placed on a table or tripod can do this. It doesn't have to be a high-end camera either. Sony Cybershot, Panasonic Lumix, Nikon CoolPix, are all very affordable and take very good pics.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. And its Monday...
couchpotato.jpg

If you read Armstrong's first book, "It's Not About the Bike (But Pharmaceutical Assistance)", during the 1998 Paris-Nice 8-day stage race Armstrong abandoned and was "swept" up by the broom wagon from the side of the road saturated from the rain and looking like a former cancer patient.

He garaged his bike, retired from cycling and returned to be a recluse at his Texas home.

It is admitted in his book he lay around all day watching videos and getting fat on Mexican food and beer.

To make this a deja vu experience the photo needs a TV with empty bottles, videos and Mexican food cartons strewn all over the place.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Microchip said:
I think the pic is a 3D rendering. Or that's an unreal-looking real-life photo. I think he's too facially-haired and hammered to pose for a pic.

Here's what a FREE 3D program (at http://www.homestyler.com) can create for you. They didn't have any jerseys ... shucks ...

snapshot.jpg

That image is disgusting and a pretty poor 3D rendering. If that's an example of the quality that this software produces, then it's one to stay away from.

On the photograph side, it's very easy to produce distorted looking scenes. Doesn't make the photograph anything other than a photograph though.

There is nothing in the image posted by He Who Shall Be Forgotten that jumps out as not a photograph.

peterst6906 said:
That image is disgusting and a pretty poor 3D rendering. If that's an example of the quality that this software produces, then it's one to stay away from.

On the photograph side, it's very easy to produce distorted looking scenes. Doesn't make the photograph anything other than a photograph though.

There is nothing in the image posted by He Who Shall Be Forgotten that jumps out as not a photograph.

You're probably correct.

BroDeal said:
Is it just lighting or did they go to the trouble of digitally altering the photo?
lighting, removing furniture, and MAJOR over-processing, pseudo HDR and the like. looks like sh*te, imo, but Lance isn't known for his good taste (just ostentation).

the photo was clearly staged.

TRENDING THREADS