• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Floyd and his hypothetical Harley had no competition.

Dave.

Maybe but to be fair, that year Floyd never had HALF the team that Lance's weakest team was composed of. If Floyd had access to Lance's teammates and singular doping program Lancey would be fetching water bottles.

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Been a while since I have been reading this forum. Trying to catch up.

Any chance someone has a link to a stream or DL of the 60 Minutes Sports intereview?!?

Back to Business

What if the Oprah interview is trying to get ahead of some damning evidence in the not-yet released, but demanded since December 2012 (maybe earlier) Wonderboy documents?

The interview may not be about trying to return to WADA sanctioned sport. The reality is, law enforcement is as politically-charged system as everything else. So, maybe it's a ploy to stay out of jail?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
What if the Oprah interview is trying to get ahead of some damning evidence in the not-yet released, but demanded since December 2012 (maybe earlier) Wonderboy documents?

The interview may not be about trying to return to WADA sanctioned sport. The reality is, law enforcement is as politically-charged system as everything else. So, maybe it's a ploy to stay out of jail?

Maybe it is a ploy to keep the feds from restarting their investigation.

But I think it is to try and take on the mantle of Cancer Jesus again and keep LieStrong alive.

He is not going to lessen his sporting ban by going on Oprah.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Maybe it is a ploy to keep the feds from restarting their investigation.

Yes, and it might work. In a jury of twelve, all it takes is one. Even with Lance's credibility being shot to hell, he can probably count on 1 out of 12 believing his sappy story.

Benotti69 said:
But I think it is to try and take on the mantle of Cancer Jesus again and keep LieStrong alive.

Don't think this works. Lance has lost the trust of big money. The people who watch Oprah are not big money. LiveStrong can't survive on donations from Oprah watchers.

Benotti69 said:
He is not going to lessen his sporting ban by going on Oprah.

True.

Does USADA / Tygart have obligations to Armstrong?

Granted, USADA have castigated Armstrong.

He is now in limbo land.

You could say he was a product of US cycling since his late teens.

Tygart has a degree in philosophy and is a knowledgeable man.

Did / Does USADA have an obligation to show Armstrong a path to rejuvenation, granted he did reject previous plea bargaining?

Where does the buck stop with Lance's liabilities?

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Page Mill Masochist said:
Yes, and it might work. In a jury of twelve, all it takes is one. Even with Lance's credibility being shot to hell, he can probably count on 1 out of 12 believing his sappy story.

Don't think this works. Lance has lost the trust of big money. The people who watch Oprah are not big money. LiveStrong can't survive on donations from Oprah watchers.

True.

Tell that to Oprah and all of her advertisers. Ratings may be down but Oprah watchers built her considerable empire.

humanity

very noble to consider lance........................but when did he show others

any humanity?

lance won't literally rot in limbo...............he just deserves to be accountable

for his actions + it would be better all if he showed a little remorse apologising

to those he has insulted etc

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Basecase said:
Where's your humanity - "let him rot" ????

OK this is the Clinic and all, and Lance abused himself, but should he now be subject to a life of castigation?

Where's your humanity? Or is it truly a witch hunt?

Have you been following? He THREATENED (just like a mobster) the wives of his former teammates, telling them to get out of town essentially, for testifying in the federal investigation, he's lucky he's not in jail!!! If he's not rich--he is totally indighted for witness intimidation/tampering etc...

In fact, can you imagine if Latrell Spreewell had done all the negative things Lance did? He's be in jail faster that you can say "threatening texts"

No, LA went way beyond, "I did what I had to do".

ebandit said:
very noble to consider lance........................but when did he show others

any humanity?

lance won't literally rot in limbo...............he just deserves to be accountable

for his actions + it would be better all if he showed a little remorse apologising

to those he has insulted etc

So eye for an eye revenge is appropriate?

How can you value / quantify such things as remorse and contrition?

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Basecase said:
Granted, USADA have castigated Armstrong.

He is now in limbo land.

You could say he was a product of US cycling since his late teens.

Tygart has a degree in philosophy and is a knowledgeable man.

Did / Does USADA have an obligation to show Armstrong a path to rejuvenation, granted he did reject previous plea bargaining?

Where does the buck stop with Lance's liabilities?

Ah yes....the blame game.

FAIL

ebandit said:
no not an eye for an eye................. justice not revenge

may i ask why? 2 trolling lance threads from yourself recently

Indeed, let justice prevail.

The recent threads are my thoughts and curiousities which I am entitled to.

I wonder what is the end game in all this.

The vitriol mounting for Armstrong is now palpable. Almost baying for blood. Yet he is only one person who abused the system or indeed may have been allowed to abuse the system.

TRENDING THREADS