• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
purcell said:
I think it isn't very far off in the distant future that they find Armstrong dead.

By his own hand.

This guy is used to being top dog, having Presidents and Prime Ministers taking his phone calls and having lots of cash rolling through.

He is now a pariah, no-one will want to be seen with him and his ability to throw his weight around will be gone.

I just don't see him taking it easily and fading into a life of obscurity.

Bad ending coming I think.
I don't see it. I suspect he feels too important to die. And although he would have rather not have been exposed as a cheat, I do think the narcissistic part of him is rather enjoying the attention he's been receiving of late. Sort of like Rod Blagojevich during his public corruption scandel.

Armstrong could have admitted nothing and dissapeared from public life with his millions. But he chose to make a lurid spectacle of himself with his Oprah Winfrey interview. And I expect he'll continue seek out the limelight, by whatever means are available to him. He'd rather get negative attention than no attention at all. Irrelevancy is what he fears most and he'll do everything he can to avoid it.

Haha! Funniest internet remark I've come across so far, something like:

Finally the ****sucker tells the truth after collecting millions..
Now it's time to give back those millions and I hope you spend time in jail and maybe your fellow inmates will do a" tour de a**"

virandociclista said:
É preciso ter muita coragem para cometer suicidio
It takes stamina as well as courage - if you end up here: :(

Dore-Inferno-the-wood-of-suicides-640px.jpg

Joachim

BANNED
Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Jeez....Armstrong should hang out here. He'd be in good company with all the other sociopaths :rolleyes:

Look the man cheated in sports competitions. Get over yourselves. He might be a thoroughly unpleasant individual but he isn't Saddam Hussein.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
What's the consensus about Armstrong doping during his triathlon days before racing on the road and working with Carmichael and Wenzel? I've always read about that here, but I wonder if there's any tangible evidence I can share with others.
ask Race Radio who the guy was who sponsored him and lent him his sportscar, it was a mitzubishi or nissan I think I read.

now all this comes with a heavy asterisk, re: chinese whispers, apocryphal. some with first hand knowledge in tri circles of a young Armstrong at 16 and walked in his circles may know. but that is 25 years ago.

so the full blame cannot be put on the extract of cortisone by carmichael. he was a serial chancer before cycling.

have a look at the quads on spencer smith too. he could dope before his vegetarian diet at linda mccartney :D

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Aleajactaest said:
I'd rather have that information from a lawyer.

Hey, did the lawyers from DOJ ever give you the information you were looking for?...

Don't worry about it junior, you'll be right about something one day.

Not wanting to defend Dopestrong naturally but what's the consensus here on the reasons for his being born again a GT rider in 1999 if he was doping like crazy since he was a teenager? We know it wasn't really the weight...the fact others had (temporarily) stopped doping after 1998?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
Not wanting to defend Dopestrong naturally but what's the consensus here on the reasons for his being born again a GT rider in 1999 if he was doping like crazy since he was a teenager? We know it wasn't really the weight...the fact others had (temporarily) stopped doping after 1998?

Dr Ferarri, one, working exclusively with Armstrong, so others had to get new programs with new docs, two, riders and teams were worried that after Festina the Gendarmes and others would be back in 1999.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Dr Ferarri, one, working exclusively with Armstrong, so others had to get new programs with new docs, two, riders and teams were worried that after Festina the Gendarmes and others would be back in 1999.

but in all the recent info that has come out, this is not correct.

I do not know all the athletes MF has prepared, but he just never took Basso, nor Ullrich, nor Mayo, nor Beloki, nor Rumsas.

he had others tho, who were no threat on GC to Armstrong.

Many of those riders above, ended up with Cecchini but... /$hit grammar

Bock said he feels Armstrong will eventually come clean on the record, for the betterment of cycling.
“I have hope (Armstrong will assist USADA), and some of these things take time, so our door is open, and we know that he has information that would be useful to us,” he said.

“It was not a small operation on his team, and he was supported by many individuals, and it’s important for the future of the sport that Lance comes in and talks to us about how those people helped him with his doping.”

Bock said there was a new era on the horizon for the sport, should Armstrong finally admit under oath the same information he disclosed via TV star Winfrey.
“I think people in the sport of cycling are very excited that there’s an opportunity for a fresh start and a new beginning,” he said. “They hope that that continues, we had the independent commission that had been set aside, and a lot of people hope the effort moves forward in terms of trying to give the sport a fresh start.

He added: “Well I’m optimistic (as an) individual, number one. And number two, Lance keeps talking about how he cares about the sport, and I have a belief that if you care about the sport you’ll ultimately do the right thing.”

http://www.thescore.ie/us-anti-dopi...ll-lance-armstrong-confession-838192-Mar2013/

Ninety5rpm said:
No. He has been on Strava for months, with 7,460 followers. That's a lot by Strava standards.

What's new is that he just changed his Strava name from Juan Pelota to Lance Armstrong.

I stumbled upon a claim somethings changed for him at Strava vaguely recently. AFAICT, the URL is dead.

I was hoping all he'd be left with was king of the bikepathletes and enormous, never-ending legal bills. It would have been appropriate. Now that I think about it, he'd still be a legend in his own mind that way. Total anonymity is okay with me.

TRENDING THREADS