• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
I don't want to be Debbie Downer here, but my guess is that the Feds will not join, and while Floyd CAN proceed, I doubt he would want to as pursuing it would cost a fortune.

I think Lance is going to win this round. He may well win other rounds too.

Not so sure. Why would the Fed's turn down 5 million if they had no intention to pursue?

Answer: Maybe because they do intend to pursue....?

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Of the billions a year that people defraud the Federal government out of, Pharmstrong and company are a minute drop in the proverbial bucket.

I honestly don't care. The USPS service has signs up at the local branch saying they are NOT Federally Funded.

Yet, they defaulted on Federal government loans again...sounds like public tax money/debt that is funding the post office to me.

The least of USPS/Federal government's issue is Lance and the money they spent on advertising....is it fraud? Yep..no doubt.

But, there is a reason the Fed Attyn's dropped the case.

Next issue I have, Tygart. What a sham this guy is. Attention w*ore, self-serving and holier than thou. On the one hand, congrats to him, on the other hand, he has too much shady contradictions.

His latest biggest farce is the nonsense about how "one of Armstrong's closest associates" contacted him offering "over $100K", or was it $150K....oh no, it's $250K he claims.

But, he refuses to name the person?!?!?! He claims he told the Feds and the attyn's handling the case who that person is???

So what Tygart? Who are you protecting? Yourself and your lies and appearances to the public and job?

The Feds dropped the case. You are under no obligation to NOT name names....tell all!!!!

But, Tygart seems to just give the information out that he feels people should hear about in his version he came up with during his investigation.

I tell you what Tygart. Why don't you let us be the judge of the information, give us all of it, not some filtered storied method you are using now to make yourself and your case look better and Lance worse. Things really can't get any worse for Lance now. So...why not give it to us?!?!!

Rant over....flame on.

Now that everyone has had their PR moments, what do we really know about Tygart anyway? Not much. Surely this guy isn't getting away with taking down an american hero without in turn getting the third degree?

It wouldn't be difficult to show USPS's money well spent for sponsorship of a TDF team. USPS like any gov agency gets consistently ripped by the US private sector. Ad dollars typically are at a premium. Its participation in pro cycling was a breath of fresh air. At the time it stirred up quite the American patriotism, not to mention the French wouldn't hire our most promising talent.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
One thing I never understand is if Armstrong never intended to talk to USADA, why did he ask for a deadline extension? Surely he knew from the beginning he would have to testify under oath and he knew he was lying left and right during his admission. Or he's just yanking Tygart's chains?

My guess is it took them 2 weeks to do some math. Cost of talking vs cost of omerta.

His exposure could be staggering if he confesses further under oath.

zigmeister said:
Of the billions a year that people defraud the Federal government out of, Pharmstrong and company are a minute drop in the proverbial bucket.

I honestly don't care. The USPS service has signs up at the local branch saying they are NOT Federally Funded.

Yet, they defaulted on Federal government loans again...sounds like public tax money/debt that is funding the post office to me.

The least of USPS/Federal government's issue is Lance and the money they spent on advertising....is it fraud? Yep..no doubt.

But, there is a reason the Fed Attyn's dropped the case.

Next issue I have, Tygart. What a sham this guy is. Attention w*ore, self-serving and holier than thou. On the one hand, congrats to him, on the other hand, he has too much shady contradictions.

His latest biggest farce is the nonsense about how "one of Armstrong's closest associates" contacted him offering "over $100K", or was it $150K....oh no, it's $250K he claims.

But, he refuses to name the person?!?!?! He claims he told the Feds and the attyn's handling the case who that person is???

So what Tygart? Who are you protecting? Yourself and your lies and appearances to the public and job?

The Feds dropped the case. You are under no obligation to NOT name names....tell all!!!!

But, Tygart seems to just give the information out that he feels people should hear about in his version he came up with during his investigation.

I tell you what Tygart. Why don't you let us be the judge of the information, give us all of it, not some filtered storied method you are using now to make yourself and your case look better and Lance worse. Things really can't get any worse for Lance now. So...why not give it to us?!?!!

Rant over....flame on.

For someone claiming,"I honestly don't care...," you sure do harbor a lot of hate for Tygart.

For those who spent years with their noses up Armstrong's butt, promoting his lies and defending that scumbag, I say, "You can suck it." The best part of Armstrong getting his comeuppance is watching guys like this rationalizing their own culpability in Armstrong's fraud and flailing about at the people like Tygart who simply did their jobs. It is pathetic and funny at the same time.

Whatever happened to that Hombre/Gary Seghi muppet?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
For someone claiming,"I honestly don't care...," you sure do harbor a lot of hate for Tygart.

For those who spent years with their noses up Armstrong's bu[/t]tt, promoting his lies and defending that scumbag, I say, "You can suck it." The best part of Armstrong getting his comeuppance is watching guys like this rationalizing their own culpability in Armstrong's fraud and flailing about at the people like Tygart who simply did their jobs. It is pathetic and funny at the same time.

Hombre de Subaru followed his son to work for LiveStrong as an intern when he was not being a doctor of chiropractic

BroDeal said:
zigmeister said:
...<this campaign ad paid for by Public Strategies>...

For those who spent years with their noses up Armstrong's bu[/t]tt, promoting his lies and defending that scumbag, I say, "You can suck it." The best part of Armstrong getting his comeuppance is watching guys like this rationalizing their own culpability in Armstrong's fraud and flailing about at the people like Tygart who simply did their jobs. It is pathetic and funny at the same time.

I'm going to side with BroDeal on this one.

Dave.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Anyone with half a brain can see Tygart is nervous when interviewed. He is not out looking for attention. It's an unpleasant side-effect of his job. Not everyone wants a spotlight shined on them.

guilder said:
Now that everyone has had their PR moments, what do we really know about Tygart anyway? Not much. Surely this guy isn't getting away with taking down an american hero without in turn getting the third degree?

What do we REALLY know about guilder? What do we REALLY know about $NAME? Generating fear and uncertainty is a losers game. Fail whale for you.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

guilder said:
USPS like any gov agency gets consistently ripped by the US private sector.

Except, it's not a Government Agency.

Give up now. We've been through these personal attacks and mischaracterizations 100 times and the arguments don't get any better the more you use them.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
guilder said:

You guys need to get your talking points in sync.

Which is it? Is Travis the glory hound, always looking for the spotlight or is the seldom seen man behind the curtain?

Glenn_Wilson said:
Maybe he can start a fairness fund to help pay for this Q-Tom case. Like this one.

http://hongkongphooeyfairnessfund.wordpress.com/

That is a good point. Floyd would have to front litigation expenses, or get his lawyers to do so, in a case that would be expensive to litigate. The lawyers are only going to do this if the risk of losing is outweighed by the potential of a big payday. If the feds do not join, that's one indicator that that the possibility of success is less than optimal.

All qui tam decisions to intervene are made in D.C.

The feds have recently asked to extend the sealed period. Their continued interest indicates, to me, that the matter has not been decided.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
Hombre de Subaru followed his son to work for LiveStrong as an intern when he was not being a doctor of chiropractic

Hombre de Subaru was on this forum for a while. No idea what happened?

There is a chair @ Chuy's Mexican restaurant with his name carved in it. I think the enshrined the chairs and table where these guys sat down and come up with the brilliant scheme called Livestrong. :cool:

Or did they auction that off and chiro has it in his house so he can be close to it?

ho hum time goes by. whatever or wherever will it go.

MarkvW said:
That is a good point. Floyd would have to front litigation expenses, or get his lawyers to do so, in a case that would be expensive to litigate. The lawyers are only going to do this if the risk of losing is outweighed by the potential of a big payday. If the feds do not join, that's one indicator that that the possibility of success is less than optimal.

That last sentence does not follow. There are all sorts of reasons that government agencies, or any organization for that matter, make decisions. The biggest one is apportioning limited resources

FLandis' lawyers would have to do it on contigency. An incentive would be that Armstrong already offered to settle for $5M. I have a suspicion that most cases like this are lawyers hoping for an easy payday with the government doing the heavy lifting. Without the DOJ backing, the calculus changes immensely.

MarkvW said:
The feds have recently asked to extend the sealed period. Their continued interest indicates, to me, that the matter has not been decided.

Yes. Usually when people have not made a decision they are yet to decide.

BroDeal said:
The nice thing is that he can bring his own office furniture, or at least a table, chairs, and a wall hanging made from an x-ray showing a heart the size of a pumpkin.

:D

Ah, the memories.

And, don't forget dear Tom Fine and his drunken mice exuding 10x the normal amount of Testosterone.

Dave.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
:D

Ah, the memories.

And, don't forget dear Tom Fine and his drunken mice exuding 10x the normal amount of Testosterone.

Dave.

Yes the memories. Its a great pumpkin heart charlie.

Hurricane Camille outed the chiro along with his table and chairs. LMAO
I have a post that I saved where I think it was Brodeal was into it with House probably one of the better exchanges on that old site.

I thought that Greg Lemond had put Floyd in contact with his legal crew to help with the Q-Tom? Wouldn't they might be volunteering to work on it for him? If so then no big whoop. Or is Manrod and associates handling the light work?

Glenn_Wilson said:
Yes the memories. Its a great pumpkin heart charlie.

Hurricane Camille outed the chiro along with his table and chairs. LMAO
I have a post that I saved where I think it was Brodeal was into it with House probably one of the better exchanges on that old site.

I thought that Greg Lemond had put Floyd in contact with his legal crew to help with the Q-Tom? Wouldn't they might be volunteering to work on it for him? If so then no big whoop. Or is Manrod and associates handling the light work?

Manrod is the only firm you can trust in such situations.

Their experience is second to none.

1-800-MANROD for all your quim needs.

Are we getting to the point where LA is such a non-factor has been that there's only one thread about him, and many of the people coming here say "Lance who?"

After all, the guy never really accomplished anything of substance. What value does he have to cycling?

Alpe d'Huez said:
Are we getting to the point where LA is such a non-factor has been that there's only one thread about him, and many of the people coming here say "Lance who?"

After all, the guy never really accomplished anything of substance. What value does he have to cycling?

Armstrong is becoming a puppet of Hein. Don't think LA can offer anything to the sport anymore, neither negative nor positive. My 2 cents.

TRENDING THREADS