• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 387 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the delgados said:
I'm no Froome fan, nor am I a troller (I think), but I wonder why you say Froome has an "insufferable" personality. Seems to me he keeps things pretty low key. He tries to fly under the radar. Just curious to know what it is about him that annoys you so much.

one example is him saying dopers should get prison

ChewbaccaD said:
Well, I never disliked Lance because of the doping. I disliked him because of how he treated people. That hasn't changed, and neither has my Hater Love. If I have to carry the banner, I will.

Most of the reason I don't like Froome is because of his fan's blindness to his obvious doping, and his insufferable personality.

Dopers dope, and they always will. On some level, it's even understandable.

Treating people like crap isn't.

I'm a Hater, deal with it.

hup hup!
keeping the hecklers straight :D
good post Chewie

The venom and dislike towards Lance went way beyond him being a 'doper'
..I thought we agreed on this about 10 years ago

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
The venom and dislike towards Lance went way beyond him being a 'doper'
..I thought we agreed on this about 10 years ago

Gotta link?

Oh wait, I do! :)
Granville57 said:
When people come on here and cast out the "hater" label, why do they think that that is something that I would hide from?
I hate StrongArm for all his lies, deception and manipulation. Clear enough?

gooner said:
Where did he say doping was gone? He has said he thinks it's cleaner, not gone. You obviously didn:t hear him talking about Riis and Vino during the Tour. Whatever anyone thinks, no one knows for certain if Brailsford is the next coming of the two just mentioned. He said doping was all gone in "ITS" he yet has a whole chapter to JTL.

At the Vuelta last year, he said he tweeted he didn't like what he saw. Last year he said similar about Cancellara.

Where did he say that direct quote? In fact who on this forum has said it?

Yes, I read the book. Walsh called Riis, 'Barabbas'. I think Brailsford was depicted as Jesus, yes?

That's a little strong don't you think?

Also last time I checked Riis wasn't still riding, as too Vino and in any case, Riis has already called himself out. He confessed, so what's there to call out?

At this years Tour Contador climbed about 800m and Walsh said he believed in him again. Ummmm, ok, not sure how he deduced that and by the same token told us not to compare Froome's times up Ventoux to Lance.

I'm sure you're just as confused as I am when it comes to David Walsh.

Granville57 said:
When people come on here and cast out the "hater" label. Why do they think that that is something that I would hide from?
I hate StrongArm for all his lies, deception and manipulation. Clear enough?

Bingo! And those are the undeniable facts that the "hate labeling" Armstrong apologists hate to hear.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Now that some of the Clinic 12 have deserted their posts, I think it's time to rename.

How about "The 8 of hate"? Not sure how many of us are left, but the 12 number was always malleable anyway, right?

How about "HaterEight"?

I'm open to ideas.

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Digger said:
anti doping can't be fixed

there you go - sorted

anyway back to the original point- when others are as vociferous about the current crop as they were about lance........because clearly doping died with lance ;)

Are you saying that anti-doping will never work, but what must happen is for "others" to be "vociferous" about the "current crop of dopers."

So who are these "others" you talk about? ADAs? The UCI? Cycling fans? Posters on this forum? Anti-doping advocates like Michael Ashenden?

What does being "vociferous" entail? Investigating? Developing new tests? Expanding the biopassport to look at other performance measures? Finding new ways to gather evidence?

Or do you just want everyone to be on The Clinic and on Twitter, posting about who is doping and how awful it is?

Who - specifically - is the current crop that is doping, but no one is 'vociferous' about? I see Sky, Nibali, Riis, Vino, etc... (see threads in the clinic) getting ripped pretty hard.

We have no evidence that Sky is doping, only suspicion. Same with many others. So how do you propose - specifically - that we move from suspicion to evidence to action?

Or do you think we should skip the evidence part and just ban / blackball / trash people based on suspicion and innuendo?

I thought the point, after all, was to fix anti-doping. Or, at least, to improve it so there are fewer cracks. Root out corruption. Ban shady managers and Doctors. Improve tests. Etc... This is how we keep 'another Armstrong' from happening.

I do not think the point is to keep score about who is and who isn't publicly being 'holier than thou,' denouncing alleged dopers.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
that was the rumour
whenever it was mentioned his name came up :D
Polish seemed to fine-tune it

Old Polish...man, haven't thought of that guy for a long time...probably because I don't miss him, though he did have some endearing qualities.

I will say that of all of the trolls, he and ChrisE are the only ones who actually get under my skin. I hate BPC, but he isn't smart enough to get under my skin because I know I own that guy...but Polish and ChrisE can get the best of me sometimes...I have a certain respect for that.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Yes. I can digger it up...

Is it weird that when mew wrote that JV need to "christen" us, I pictured JV urinating? Some are sicker than others I guess.

Anyway, I also recognize that I sent up the BPC bat signal, so he'll be along shortly in another guise. I think his predictability is what is so boring about him.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
If Armstrong had just kept his mouth shut, and hadn't been an a**hole to EVERYONE, nothing in cycling would have changed...wait, nothing in cycling has changed much apparently...Pyrrhic victory in some ways, but a new a**hole has taken his place...though Froomedog isn't as abrasive, he's still the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, not to mention his girlfriend flapping her gums all the time...I'm looking for a charming doper like Nibali I guess?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Did JV coin "The Clinic 12?"

Yup.
(From an old Vande Velde thread - 2012)

JV1973 said:
I try and convince the dozen or so folks that post here to look at things from a different point of view because I respect you guys and know you've been burned.
:)

But then just one day later, a startling change of tone! :eek:
JV1973 said:
Just posting blood results with no one interested except 12 guys on The Clinic, is a waste of time.
:(

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
I'm looking for a charming doper like Nibali I guess?

No love for Chris? :(

horner_romandie.jpg

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Granville57 said:
No love for Chris? :(

horner_romandie.jpg

I liked Chris for the singular reason that I wanted to see him beat Froome so the island dwellers would be pi**ed off, and to enjoy the self-righteous anger they'd have about it, while being too blind to see that their Chris is a dope fiend too...but alas, Horner disappointed me today...frowny face

Past that, have little respect for the a guy who trash talked Armstrong about doping, and then sucks at the teat when the money is good.

I also have a distaste for people like Vino who doped like a madman, got caught, and never admitted his reality.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
I liked Chris for the singular reason that I wanted to see him beat Froome so the island dwellers would be pi**ed off, and to enjoy the self-righteous anger they'd have about it, while being too blind to see that their Chris is a dope fiend too...but alas, Horner disappointed me today...frowny face

Past that, have little respect for the a guy who trash talked Armstrong about doping, and then sucks at the teat when the money is good.

I also have a distaste for people like Vino who doped like a madman, got caught, and never admitted his reality.

I'm upset too that Horner was a DNS, stupid Lampre for being part of the MPCC. Because there are a few limeys(they know who they are) who would've called out Grandpa Redneck whilst singing the praises for Alien Dawg.

gooner said:
Thanks for proving what I'm been saying.
Again, who has said doping went after Lance's downfall? This strawman has been thrown a lot at people.

Well there are quite clearly a very large number of very influential people in the sport who while not outright saying that doping is gone with lance, possess opinions very close to that, while others actually do argue doping is gone since lance (plenty of riders and commentators say that lance was a different era but no one does it now)

The issue is that in this thread a number of people who don't hold that opinion are being wrongly accused of it, but it's equally ridiculous to pretend it doesn't exist. Though I suppose a qualifier should be added that many of these people like Wiggins, brailsford, Brian smith etc, also denied lance doped, quite viciously in some cases, and have retrospectively been forced to aknowledge he doped while keeping to their principle of - no doping exists in cycling, which is a different thing all together.

As for Walsh who your defending of being open minded about doping because he acknowledges some masters riders maybe on some small worthless drugs, that's really a technicality. This is a guy who just recently said even contador is clean:eek:

I'm sorry, if he believes the entire top echelon of the sport Is now clean then he believes the form of doping that gathers 99.9% of media attention and 99.9% of clinic attention, by which I mean doping to win GTs ( not stages at semi pro races) has disappeared since lance. In fact it's an even bigger deal than that because by extension he is arguing that doping no longer has any remotely valuabke effect on performancws whatsoever.

Ps, - both " masters riders" and " semi pro" were hyperboles but the wider point is that you and many others of the new dawn believers constantly massively overplay the tiny things, be it worthless drugs or worthless riders. Small fish like Sayer doping, or oh Walsh didn't cover up an article about big bad jtl, riders who if I'm not mistaken never even made a tour de France team :eek: or discussions about how froome climbing like pantani, tting like Indurain might have some Tue for some drugs weaker than paracetamol.

The doping most people ( most people as in the entire world minus 12 people in the clinic (different 12)) care about are gt riders charged to the eyballs on 6 figure doping programmes flying up mountains in the Tour de France. Not some hill in the tour of Turkey. Not some hill in whatever the **** race it even was that jtl won. The tour de France, the champions and contenders earning 5 million a year, the big budget teams sponsored by mega rich evil capitalists who have the finances to pay people like Fuentes Leinders and Ferrari.

So when someone says that Walsh argues doping is gone after lance (since he even believes the big time dopers like contador or his manager Riis or his boss Tinkov all also stopped engaging in doping right after lances second retirement)it's really not that strong a counter to say - oh but he tweeted he thinks jtl doped, after he was caught anyway.

A handful of 10 character tweets that only diehards with msg updates about Walshs Twitter even even see amidst all the insulting articles, shockingly researched books and hillarious hypocritical interviews not to mention thousands of heroworship tweets, all of which celebrate the end of doping in professional cycling, backed up by a promise, a page torn out of a magazine and the astounding logic that 2 riders can't dope if they share the same room