• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 448 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Fight like Lance!

“You’re an asshole,” our man Morten begins.
Funny, I was kind of thinking the same about Morten on this one. I mean, if the fine folks at Rouleur really felt that way about Lance, then they wouldn't have even returned Lance's phone call (because I somehow doubt that they were the one's who initiated contact.) :rolleyes:

When journalist finally have the guts to say, "No thanks, dude" to Lance's efforts to put his name in print, then, and only then (apparently) will he fail to exert control over them.

Mind you, I'll be as entertained as anyone by the delusional wonderings and wanderings of this now-disgraced, former professional cyclist, but I won't pay a dime to read it.

(...and a little hoggie tells me that I might not have to.)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Because you and all the other closeted fans keep buying the movies, books and magazine articles. The last book i bought was its not about the bike. You shut ins keep it alive.

Still hurting JR, huh? It is ok dude, you cant pick the winning donkey every time.

You still put on those USPS jerseys late at night, we wont laugh, it is ok, hug that little yellow bracelet real tight and tell yourself "it's not my fault".

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
He's trying to remain relevant ..

Sadly, the walls are too steep to climb out of the hole he is stuck in.

hole-horse-stuck.jpg

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Cookson on potential Armstrong ban reduction

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/cookson_a_reduced_ban_for_armstrong_is_possible/

One of the riders who were heard by CIRC is Lance Armstrong. He hopes to get a reduced sentence for his cooperation.

"I think that every system should provide the possibility of rehabilitation. Also for Lance Armstrong.

"If he can give us valuable information about cycling in that era, then a reduced sentence must be a possibility. However, the final responsibility is in the hands of the US Anti-Doping Agency USADA. If they don't agree, it will remain unchanged."