• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 507 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
RobbieCanuck: You must admit the TDF was a garish PR stunt from the get go.
Armstrong simply knows how to play the game. He will get press as long as the press is willing to come to him.
I wish the media would realize he is playing them for his own advantage and just leave him alone to ride around France.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Visit site
Re:

the delgados said:
RobbieCanuck: You must admit the TDF was a garish PR stunt from the get go.
Armstrong simply knows how to play the game. He will get press as long as the press is willing to come to him.
I wish the media would realize he is playing them for his own advantage and just leave him alone to ride around France.
how about this, ply him with petrus and 100 french groupies with venereal disease? /alliterations

it will be like Hitler's Jow Division, if joy division had a clap epidemic /godwin /morealliterationz

*eidt:joy division with a y
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

Everyone needs to stand a foot, STHU, and pay attention, The KING is speaking ;) :D :


http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28338718/greg-lemond-has-gotten-his-life-back-since

Also, More proof the folks @ Trek are POS( WILL NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING TREK):


Any time you questioned it, it was like you were attacking cancer (which Armstrong had). It didn't matter how I would respond. They would twist it how they wanted. My life has come back. I had a guy hunting me for years. It was (bicycle company) Trek on one side. Trek was hindering my other businesses, and it was Armstrong (on the other side).
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

86TDFWinner said:
Everyone needs to stand a foot, STHU, and pay attention, The KING is speaking ;) :D :


http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28338718/greg-lemond-has-gotten-his-life-back-since

Also, More proof the folks @ Trek are POS( WILL NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING TREK):


Any time you questioned it, it was like you were attacking cancer (which Armstrong had). It didn't matter how I would respond. They would twist it how they wanted. My life has come back. I had a guy hunting me for years. It was (bicycle company) Trek on one side. Trek was hindering my other businesses, and it was Armstrong (on the other side).

Strongly agree. I view Specialized with distaste, but I will buy their products if they are the best option. On the other hand, Trek and all its name-disguises can go to hell. I will never buy their products.
 
Re:

the delgados said:
I wish journalists would do more than give Armstrong a redemption tour platform.
Like maybe pry a little more into the comments he made to Oprah regarding his return to the sport. He claimed his comeback was dope-free. We all know what a joke that is, yet no one asks the follow-up question--i.e. So Astana took a break from doping during your return to the sport? Because now you're pointing the finger at the team you used to ride for.

Who cares. He just sounds like a bigger idiot every time he opens his mouth.

His interviews barely even register in the Clinic anymore.
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

the delgados wrote

"I wish journalists would do more than give Armstrong a redemption tour platform. Like maybe pry a little more into the comments he made to Oprah regarding his return to the sport. He claimed his comeback was dope-free. We all know what a joke that is, yet no one asks the follow-up question--i.e. So Astana took a break from doping during your return to the sport? Because now you're pointing the finger at the team you used to ride for."



As I see it there are two kinds of journalists. There are those who clearly identify the issues in doping. They tend to write using critical thinking. They are few and far between. Macur, Kimmage and Walsh are good examples ( I know Walsh has sold out to Sky!!!!) Then there are the journalists who like the contact with celebrity. These ones love to schmooze and rub shoulders with "greatness" They write fluff.

Armstrong knows how to play to these light-weights and they in turn write crap that sends the Clinic into paroxysms of disgust and indignation. The only way to deal with these journalists is to write them directly and their employer and explain to them what a bunch of idiots they are.
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

86TDFWinner said:

Good article but what is with that picture? Looks like Willem Dafoe as Sgt. Elias in that classic death scene in Platoon. Maybe LA could practice that when the qui tam suit comes down! He is after all a member of the Jesus ("Cancer Jesus") family!
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

RobbieCanuck said:
Good article but what is with that picture? Looks like Willem Dafoe as Sgt. Elias in that classic death scene in Platoon. Maybe LA could practice that when the qui tam suit comes down! He is after all a member of the Jesus ("Cancer Jesus") family!
JnfDvTe.jpg
Tc645Bq.jpg


8KAUj42.jpg
jSo95rw.jpg
 
May 22, 2011
146
0
0
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Great news, Lance is going to ride a few stages of the Tour!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/33290896

Will that mark the first clean he has done so clean or will he charge up even for a charity ride?

I'm gonna bet donuts to dollars that he will use a private Livestrong jet one last time to get over to France.
One last spin on the Livestrong gravy train before the whistle-blower lawsuit is decided. :p
 
Mar 19, 2009
571
0
0
Visit site
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

Go Lance Go ! Ahahahahahaah . . . . . . give 'em somethin' to talk about .

Just ride . . . .. just ride . . . ..

Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah !

Hippocrites all . . . . . as if any of you are free from lies . And yes . . . one lie makes you a liar , it only takes one . Even the thought of lie makes one a liar .

So if any of you are free from lies , the purest of pure . . . . Purity itself . . . . . you can be the first to convict all of us liars .

But guess what . . . . . Purity convicts no one , nor can it , for Purity to BE pure , it must be BEing Purity . Including no lies or even the thought of a lie, as the very concept does not exist .

So who convicts who then ? . . . . liars convicting each other and themselves .

Vanity of vanities . . . .All for vanity ! And all vanities will be seen for what they are . . . . . myths .

Purity Stands Alone
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

lostintime said:
Go Lance Go ! Ahahahahahaah . . . . . . give 'em somethin' to talk about .

Just ride . . . .. just ride . . . ..

Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah !

Hippocrites all . . . . . as if any of you are free from lies . And yes . . . one lie makes you a liar , it only takes one . Even the thought of lie makes one a liar .

So if any of you are free from lies , the purest of pure . . . . Purity itself . . . . . you can be the first to convict all of us liars .

But guess what . . . . . Purity convicts no one , nor can it , for Purity to BE pure , it must be BEing Purity . Including no lies or even the thought of a lie, as the very concept does not exist .

So who convicts who then ? . . . . liars convicting each other and themselves .

Vanity of vanities . . . .All for vanity ! And all vanities will be seen for what they are . . . . . myths .

Purity Stands Alone

To tell a lie, well that means you told a lie.
One who has told multiple lies or spends their whole life lieing is a liar. Big difference.
 
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

veganrob said:
lostintime said:
Go Lance Go ! Ahahahahahaah . . . . . . give 'em somethin' to talk about .

Just ride . . . .. just ride . . . ..

Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah !

Hippocrites all . . . . . as if any of you are free from lies . And yes . . . one lie makes you a liar , it only takes one . Even the thought of lie makes one a liar .

So if any of you are free from lies , the purest of pure . . . . Purity itself . . . . . you can be the first to convict all of us liars .

But guess what . . . . . Purity convicts no one , nor can it , for Purity to BE pure , it must be BEing Purity . Including no lies or even the thought of a lie, as the very concept does not exist .

So who convicts who then ? . . . . liars convicting each other and themselves .

Vanity of vanities . . . .All for vanity ! And all vanities will be seen for what they are . . . . . myths .

Purity Stands Alone

To tell a lie, well that means you told a lie.
One who has told multiple lies or spends their whole life lieing is a liar. Big difference.

Of course, Lance said it was all just ONE...(big).. lie.
 
Oct 4, 2014
748
0
0
Visit site
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

veganrob said:
lostintime said:
Go Lance Go ! Ahahahahahaah . . . . . . give 'em somethin' to talk about .

Just ride . . . .. just ride . . . ..

Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah !

Hippocrites all . . . . . as if any of you are free from lies . And yes . . . one lie makes you a liar , it only takes one . Even the thought of lie makes one a liar .

So if any of you are free from lies , the purest of pure . . . . Purity itself . . . . . you can be the first to convict all of us liars .

But guess what . . . . . Purity convicts no one , nor can it , for Purity to BE pure , it must be BEing Purity . Including no lies or even the thought of a lie, as the very concept does not exist .

So who convicts who then ? . . . . liars convicting each other and themselves .

Vanity of vanities . . . .All for vanity ! And all vanities will be seen for what they are . . . . . myths .

Purity Stands Alone

To tell a lie, well that means you told a lie.
One who has told multiple lies or spends their whole life lieing is a liar. Big difference.
Yea, but if someone tell me I'm a liar I don't call her publicly a "crazy ***" nor try to sue for a multimillion dollar case his newspaper nor say she was involved in an improper sexual affair nor try to sabotage his cycling career etc...Should I keep going?

I like the fact that Lance admitted what he did, but it is not enough to convince me he's a good guy after what he did in the Peloton and outside of it.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Visit site
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

franic said:
Yea, but if someone tell me I'm a liar I don't call her publicly a "crazy ***" nor try to sue for a multimillion dollar case his newspaper nor say she was involved in an improper sexual affair nor try to sabotage his cycling career etc...Should I keep going?

I like the fact that Lance admitted what he did, but it is not enough to convince me he's a good guy after what he did in the Peloton and outside of it.

you raise some interesting points, unintentionally.

lets run with what you typed, which is accurate.

But lets shine the light on the public, the fans, and the credulity of the fan. Should they get a pass. If Lance calls Betsy a crazy b!tch, and we then look at Betsy thru the jaundiced lens, does this say more about us. Why did the public not interpret Lance thru this lens instead? Was the fan, were the fans using him as some vicarious ubermensch and they may project upon them their unlived fantasy and sporting glories. Was Lance rubbing it in the face of Bassons and Simeoni a confirmation of the American exceptionalism, on both the personal micro and nation scale.

btw, Betsy is a crazy b!tch, but you can judge for yourself!

And suspension of d!sbelief is powerful when the emotional overrides the rational and logical. The empire crew have some struggle with this at the moment. They need to go back, and do their A levels at Gordonstoun, and do their formal logic in Balliol college.