• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 508 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ebandit said:
we may often err....................but i for one am not a multi tour 'winning' cheat returning

to the scene of my 'crimes' discrediting the coming tour
in search of ego boosting publicity

Mark L

it's just 2 stages, official media will stay away from him. general public interested in the Tour de France will notice the news for those 3 days, while the official race will go on normally, with plenty of public on the roads and on tv. after the Mende stage he goes home, the real race will continue

just noticed I wrote "real" race
if you can call the watts festival coming next July a "real" race ;)

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

blackcat said:
franic said:
Yea, but if someone tell me I'm a liar I don't call her publicly a "crazy ***" nor try to sue for a multimillion dollar case his newspaper nor say she was involved in an improper sexual affair nor try to sabotage his cycling career etc...Should I keep going?

I like the fact that Lance admitted what he did, but it is not enough to convince me he's a good guy after what he did in the Peloton and outside of it.

you raise some interesting points, unintentionally.

lets run with what you typed, which is accurate.

But lets shine the light on the public, the fans, and the credulity of the fan. Should they get a pass. If Lance calls Betsy a crazy b!tch, and we then look at Betsy thru the jaundiced lens, does this say more about us. Why did the public not interpret Lance thru this lens instead? Was the fan, were the fans using him as some vicarious ubermensch and they may project upon them their unlived fantasy and sporting glories. Was Lance rubbing it in the face of Bassons and Simeoni a confirmation of the American exceptionalism, on both the personal micro and nation scale.

btw, Betsy is a crazy b!tch, but you can judge for yourself!

And suspension of d!sbelief is powerful when the emotional overrides the rational and logical. The empire crew have some struggle with this at the moment. They need to go back, and do their A levels at Gordonstoun, and do their formal logic in Balliol college.

blackcat, If what you suggest is true, then Frankie is equally responsible for positing American supremacy. After all, the guy spent years chasing Armstrong around for exclusive post-race quotes, despite the fact Armstrong was calling his wife every name in the book. What does that say about Frankie?

I'm not sure I agree with the notion that everyone looked at Betsy with a jaundiced lens. Ninety nine point nine percent of people in North America would have no clue who she is. And those who do--i.e. anyone involved with cycling--knew she was telling the truth.

Is there any legal reasons Armstrong shouldn't be allowed to do that ride?
He's banned from competitive cycling (sport?), but he's not banned from riding his bike, nor is he banned from riding his on part of the TdF route, not even during the Tour.
Let him ride, and let's just hope the media will simply ignore him.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

the delgados said:
blackcat, If what you suggest is true, then Frankie is equally responsible for positing American supremacy. After all, the guy spent years chasing Armstrong around for exclusive post-race quotes, despite the fact Armstrong was calling his wife every name in the book. What does that say about Frankie?

I'm not sure I agree with the notion that everyone looked at Betsy with a jaundiced lens. Ninety nine point nine percent of people in North America would have no clue who she is. And those who do--i.e. anyone involved with cycling--knew she was telling the truth.
with Frankie, one could posit, there is a certain strength in that cognitive dissonance, and telling Armstrong, <unsaid>. well you may well consider you have me cuckolded and your A-Type win at all costs personality has won, but it aint/grammar.

re: Betsy Andreu. she still cops alot of trolls on here, and on other cycling fora, and Armstrong was none too complimentary on Oprah to a few million viewers. that is a pretty gross scale vilification.

blackcat said:
the delgados said:

with Frankie, one could posit, there is a certain strength in that cognitive dissonance, and telling Armstrong, <unsaid>. well you may well consider you have me cuckolded and your A-Type win at all costs personality has won, but it aint/grammar.

re: Betsy Andreu. she still cops alot of trolls on here, and on other cycling fora, and Armstrong was none too complimentary on Oprah to a few million viewers. that is a pretty gross scale vilification.

Ms. Andreu is a reliable witness to Armstrong's admissions and his diligent efforts to conceal his doping. The rest of it...meh.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
He's banned from competitive cycling (sport?), but he's not banned from riding his bike, nor is he banned from riding his on part of the TdF route, not even during the Tour.

the big official media will ignore him
here on the net we'll find every info and pics for those 3-4 days

blackcat said:
the delgados said:

IMO, Betsy is a very nice woman, who got tired of the BS she and her hubby went through, at the hands of a sociopathic, narcissistic, douche bag. She deserves all the praise she gets. The people who scorn her, are jealous & probably just mad because they still believe in Wonderboy, which is sad. Stands to reason, anyone in her position, would probably do the same stuff she's doing. She gets trashed for telling the truth? That logic escapes me.

Betsy's good people in my book. :)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
blackcat said:
the delgados said:

IMO, Betsy is a very nice woman, who got tired of the BS she and her hubby went through, at the hands of a sociopathic, narcissistic, douche bag. She deserves all the praise she gets. The people who scorn her, are jealous & probably just mad because they still believe in Wonderboy, which is sad. Stands to reason, anyone in her position, would probably do the same stuff she's doing. She gets trashed for telling the truth? That logic escapes me.

You wrote a book? :)

Don't let the Cat fool ya tourweiner he does not hate on Betsy A.

Re:

RedheadDane said:

Armstrong's admission of doping in France is a crime under French law. Barring a statute of limitations (of which I am not aware) he could (and should) be arrested in France for committing a series of crimes from 1999 to 2010. I wonder if there is a prosecutor with any cojones in France?

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

"Armstrong's admission of doping in France is a crime under French law. Barring a statute of limitations (of which I am not aware) he could (and should) be arrested in France for committing a series of crimes from 1999 to 2010. I wonder if there is a prosecutor with any cojones in France?"

Non, mon ami, le mot est couilles .

blackcat said:
franic said:
Yea, but if someone tell me I'm a liar I don't call her publicly a "crazy ***" nor try to sue for a multimillion dollar case his newspaper nor say she was involved in an improper sexual affair nor try to sabotage his cycling career etc...Should I keep going?

I like the fact that Lance admitted what he did, but it is not enough to convince me he's a good guy after what he did in the Peloton and outside of it.

you raise some interesting points, unintentionally.

lets run with what you typed, which is accurate.

But lets shine the light on the public, the fans, and the credulity of the fan. Should they get a pass. If Lance calls Betsy a crazy b!tch, and we then look at Betsy thru the jaundiced lens, does this say more about us. Why did the public not interpret Lance thru this lens instead? Was the fan, were the fans using him as some vicarious ubermensch and they may project upon them their unlived fantasy and sporting glories. Was Lance rubbing it in the face of Bassons and Simeoni a confirmation of the American exceptionalism, on both the personal micro and nation scale.

btw, Betsy is a crazy b!tch, but you can judge for yourself!

And suspension of d!sbelief is powerful when the emotional overrides the rational and logical. The empire crew have some struggle with this at the moment. They need to go back, and do their A levels at Gordonstoun, and do their formal logic in Balliol college.
Who said Betsy Andreu was considered a crazy *** by the general public? At least here in Europe, everybody involved in cycling was either denying doping because it had a personal advantage (pro cyclists, team crew, commentators) in having a celebrity like Armstrong or was 100% sure Armstrong was doping and believed in Betsy Andreu. In my whole life I’ve met very few who were totally supportive of Armstrong and, coincidentally, they were religious extremists (e.g. creationists). It well may be that some individuals are predisposed in believing in BS and the fraction of suckers is higher in the US.

Brian Butterfield said:
"Armstrong's admission of doping in France is a crime under French law. Barring a statute of limitations (of which I am not aware) he could (and should) be arrested in France for committing a series of crimes from 1999 to 2010. I wonder if there is a prosecutor with any cojones in France?"

oui, so, could he be not attepted at the airport and sent back home? (they won't arrest him)
I hope not
I want him to ride just for the sake of twitter and forums. it's fun

pastronef said:
I want him to ride just for the sake of twitter and forums. it's fun

And I think you'll get your wish. The most likely scenario is two days of riding, raising some money for leukemia cause, attract some decent publicity, a bit of bad publicity, attract media attention then go home. Only thing that can stop him are the Clinic mages wielding a Black Lotus or two. Alternatively, Betsy has Jesus on the mainline.

Brian Butterfield said:

Je comprends. Ce qui est au Canada, nous "cajones" comme si couilles. Il n'y a pas de difference. Bientot. :)

Glenn_Wilson said:
86TDFWinner said:
blackcat said:
the delgados said:

You wrote a book? :)

Don't let the Cat fool ya tourweiner he does not hate on Betsy A.

I didn't believe in lance from day one - and I supported her for years - yet I take issue with her in the last couple of years - wonder where I fall into your narrative.

Yikes, the feds want to know if if LA had an affair with McIlvain?

"Government counsel asked Ms. McIlvain questions about whether she and Armstrong had shared an intimate personal relationship," according to court documents filed Tuesday by Armstrong's attorneys.

Also going after Hansen:

Besides McIlvain, the government also has sought the testimony of Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, saying it wants to learn more about his acts of concealment. She fought that subpoena, but on Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper ruled that the government could take her testimony "only as it relates to her and others' knowledge of the use and concealment of performance enhancing drugs by Armstrong and affiliates of the United States Postal Service cycling team." Cooper also ruled her deposition shall not exceed two hours.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/07/01/lance-armstrong-sex-life-federal-lawsuit/29589293/