• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 4 (Post-Settlement)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 29, 2016
I don't read with microscope every.post, but here is our very short dialogue in essence:

ME: "I read somewhere one cyclist estimating that already at the 1991 Tour there were sixty or seventy cyclists on EPO and that it was practically impossible to win clean... Opinions are just opinions, and out of curiosity, do you believe that this guy with this view is just plain wrong or perhaps even dishonest?"

YOU: "Yes! I also think he's a Wonderboy troll."

There is only one third person singular mentioned in the related posts by me, so who this "he" who was "a Wonderboy troll" was if not LeMond?

Reactions: fmk_RoI
I don't read with microscope every.post, but here is our very short dialogue in essence:

ME: "I read somewhere one cyclist estimating that already at the 1991 Tour there were sixty or seventy cyclists on EPO and that it was practically impossible to win clean... Opinions are just opinions, and out of curiosity, do you believe that this guy with this view is just plain wrong or perhaps even dishonest?"

YOU: "Yes! I also think he's a Wonderboy troll."

There is only one third person singular mentioned in the related posts by me, so who this "he" who was "a Wonderboy troll" was if not LeMond?
So you admit that you don't read much unless it benefits YOUR narrative? Good to know.

Stop deflecting as well, just post 1 credible/verifiable source claiming that : LeMond Or Indurain doped, just one? It's open to EVERYONE and anyone.

I'll wait........

I was talking about how I believe he( that fmk fellow) was a Wonderboy disciple, as he just refuses to acknowledge or admit his boy is the laughingstock of cycling, but you just can't help yourself when it comes to responding to me either, right. Then you went off on some random diatribe about god knows what, claiming I said something that I didn't. When i asked you where I supposedly said what you claimed, it went suddenly silent on your end.

Last post here on this subject as it relates to you as well.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2016
"So you admit that you don't read much unless it benefits YOUR narrative..."

Ironic comment from someone who admittedly started ranting about a fellow poster instead of answering a direct question when I asked your opinion about veracity of comments made by a cyclist (LeMond) who thought that 60-70 guys were on EPO in 1991 and that it was virtually impossible to win clean.

What actually is your opinion about LeMond's comments who explicitly stated that the gap between his team and the "dopers" became more pronounced the further the 91 TDF went on?

Prepare to be offended. New Armstrong doc - featuring the Fallen One - scheduled for Sundance. Deets:
Also playing in the special events sidebar are Matthew Heineman’s human trafficking exposé The Trade, Alexandre O. Philippe’s Leap of Faith: William Friedkin on the Exorcist, James Lee Hernandez and Brian Lazarte’s McMillions and the Armstrong doc, which boasts unprecedented access to the former cyclist's world, offering a powerful study of the star who fell spectacularly and publicly from grace. Emmy winner Zenovich is well-versed in that genre, having directed two previous documentaries on Roman Polanski, including Wanted and Desired, and, more recently, Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind.
More deets:
The festival describes the project as an examination of 'a man who’s both winner and loser, saint and sinner,' and a 'a powerful study of that 21st century phenomenon: the celebrity who falls spectacularly and publicly from grace.'

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts