• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 4 (Post-Settlement)

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 4 (Post-Settlement

Hey Mods: Please cut and paste all posts... to include settlement date and beyond...

Thank you.

Too many posts, not enough continuity to be attractive or entertaining.

wild utter mad incredible thought: Lance could pull the stunt of the century and somehow, (with his past links to Uci and pro-cycling people, dont know how, it´s fantasy I know) bring down Froome and save cycling. imagine that. come back 3.0. the prodigal son finally comes home!

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

pastronef said:
wild utter mad incredible thought: Lance could pull the stunt of the century and somehow, (with his past links to Uci and pro-cycling people, dont know how, it´s fantasy I know) bring down Froome and save cycling. imagine that. come back 3.0. the prodigal son finally comes home!

When you strip back all the envy, bias, and hate written against Lance he's a decent person that prefers to defend himself and the sport rather than go on the attack against others he dislikes.

He also never insulted humanity by saying him winning is due to his superior marginal gains galaxy brain due diligence and his culture being too morally pure to dope.

So I don't Lance throwing Froome under the bus in order to restore his reputation is likely to happen :)

https://www.contractorsperspective.com/false-claims-act/what-the-lance-armstrong-settlement-agreement-tells-us-about-the-governments-case/

Says a lot about the constraints of the legal system. Loving the payment schedule !

Oh and the sponsorship BS. US Postal sponsorship was nothing other than a bunch of male execs and their flunkies getting a ticket to hang out with their hero and do europe on the company. Like a great deal of sports sponsorship - the economic realities are basically irrelevent. Love they way it is cynically stripped bare.

Tipping my hat to Lance - he's a kn*b, but he certainly knows how to be a kn*b that beats the other kn*bs. A real prize kn*b. $6.5 M plus his legal fees. Lance is smiling walking away from that one.

Reactions: 86TDFWinner

The Apocalyptic burn that mutha down Qui Tam annihilation of Lance was never going to happen. Media and Clinic hubristic salivating was .... meh ... wishful thinking gone bad.

Good article; thanks for posting. That’s what common, pragmatic sense looks like.

Alpe73 said:
The Apocalyptic burn that mutha down Qui Tam annihilation of Lance was never going to happen. Media and Clinic hubristic salivating was .... meh ... wishful thinking gone bad.

Good article; thanks for posting. That’s what common, pragmatic sense looks like.

What? You mean this isn't all a conspiracy involving Armstrong, Andre Birotte, and Eric Holder? You mean the decisions in these cases might have actually been made due to reasonable considerations based on the facts and the law? Holy Betsy! That's some food for thought.

:lol: :D :) :lol: :D

Re:

ebandit said:
freddythefrog got it right.............lance what a prize k****

poor lance...new thread and still on 1st page

hope cyclingnews take note.............lance who?

Mark L

We're all knobs at something, man ... sooner or later. Lance just happens to be a knob with 7 TDF wins, a decent family, a media career in cycling ... and a shitload of cash. Not that those things mean anything.

After all, ... he's a knob, right? ;)

A few things I have learned watching Lance's Tour podcast:

He thinks Brailsford needs to stay in the Sky bus and STFU. He hates the top tube downhill position adopted by some of the peloton. He thanks Hinault is a crabby ol' bast*rd, and needs to join Brailsford on the Sky bus and STFU. Then the funniest one: he was seriously pissed that the USPS had an ad on yesterday's NBCSports coverage of stage 5. He laughed it off and said that the ad was paid for by himself.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Puckfiend said:

He thinks Brailsford needs to stay in the Sky bus and STFU. He hates the top tube downhill position adopted by some of the peloton. He thanks Hinault is a crabby ol' bast*rd, and needs to join Brailsford on the Sky bus and STFU. Then the funniest one: he was seriously pissed that the USPS had an ad on yesterday's NBCSports coverage of stage 5. He laughed it off and said that the ad was paid for by himself.

Now that my anger has completely died Im starting to really enjoy Lance 2.0 (or whatever iteration he is up to)

Re: Re:

Barney said:
Puckfiend said:

Now that my anger has completely died Im starting to really enjoy Lance 2.0 (or whatever iteration he is up to)

Lance is in a good place. Still standing. Doing some really good work. Moving on.

Barney said:
Puckfiend said:

“Time is a great thickener of things.”

During today’s The Move podcast Armstrong had some harsh words about Vaughter’s training of Craddock last year. Basically said it cost Craddock a year of his career.

glassmoon said:
Nighttrain99 said:
During today’s The Move podcast Armstrong had some harsh words about Vaughter’s training of Craddock last year. Basically said it cost Craddock a year of his career.
Which one would that be?
https://soundcloud.com/user-411867241
Thanks.
EDIT: Never mind, I've found it (towards the end of stage 7 bc).

Ironic considering All the doping Wonderboy did, had probably cost several top riders places and monies.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Bosco10 said:
Barney said:
Puckfiend said:

“Time is a great thickener of things.”
He's actually quite entertaining. I guess most of the people have a natural tendency to be empathic with losers and he has been a big loser since the confession. I guess one day we will accept Froomey as well.

thehog said:
MSNBC reported Armstrong cleated $1 million in sales for his podcast and merchandising in the 3 weeks of the Tour :cool:

And Kylie Jenner is going to be a billionaire. U.S. society is the worst.

Interesting he got so much out of it considering the soundcloud numbers for the pod are very low.

TRENDING THREADS