• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official London Olympics Doping thread

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Again,

What does Lisa Dobriskey get from 50 other people wearing gb colours winning medals? What the **** does she care.

She's part of what's called "Team GB".

Her only concern going into these games was her own event the 1500m and she has a point that dopers may have cost her.

The fact that other people from her country may have doped in other events is of absolutely 0 importance.

To a myopic person who is only interested in her one event. Do we have evidence suggesting she's paid no attention to other events... or has given no thought to the success the UK has been having?

Its like saying if some American comes up and wins the tdf 10 years from now that he doesnt deserve it because Armstrong used to dope:rolleyes:

I doubt that person would have ever been in a team with Lance Armstrong.

Funny, from what i saw she was pretty upset that she lost. The way you portray it she wont be too concerned by her own loss and would have said on the radio interview that she is overjoyed because what she really wanted from this olympics was for Gb to finish above korea in the medal table.

Modern Pentathlon

I've just watched the modern pentahlon and for the first time in 2 weeks I seem to be watching recognisably normal human beings. They came across the combined 3000m and shoot suitably shattered. It was great fun to watch and it doesn't surprise me to learn that the IOC might dump this sport.

From what Carl Lewis said -

"In 2008 double Olympic champion Lewis said: "I'm still working with the fact that he [Bolt] dropped from 10-flat to 9.6sec in one year. I think there are some issues. I'm proud of America right now because we have the best random and most comprehensive drug testing program. Countries like Jamaica do not have a random program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field."

oh lord.. the pot calling the kettle..

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The minuscule jamaican training group "survival of the fittest slaves among black men ever" again beat the gene pool of 10.000+ "black sprinters formerly also slaves with the same genes leaving high schools and colleges every year" by shattering their own WR, again.

Sorry, i can´t dream big, I don´t buy that BS.

Must say I wasn't aware of the hugely incriminating link between Bolt and Balco until tonight. The article in Muscle Week has pretty damning stuff in it in my book. The uber-dodgy angel heredia/hernandez being his chemist/coach is just disgusting when I look at the atmosphere in the Olympic stadium.

on the bbc olympic midnight show, amongst some the expected dross about how mo farahs win will change britain for ever, even the presenter and the journalist brought in, were talking about how Farah was an "average" athlete just a couple of years ago.

Even his most loyal fans admit that this was a huge transformation,

They then said that it shows its amazing what hard work can do.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Poursuivant said:
I mean has it been confirmed by Bolts team of his association with Heredia like it was confirmed by Juan MAnuel MArquez.
Yeah, I'm curious about this. I did some googling but every article just said Bolt was coached by Heredia, none really provide a source.

But Victor Conte apparently has one: https://twitter.com/VictorConte/status/233729288631877632

Old news from a credible source. Memo was in Berlin at the world championships in 2008 & said he was working with Jamaican track athletes

Memo as in Angel "Memo" Heredia.

And, yes, that's the bassist from Tower of Power's twitter account! Follow him for insights into the 70s pop music scene.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
Yeah, I'm curious about this. I did some googling but every article just said Bolt was coached by Heredia, none really provide a source.

But Victor Conte apparently has one: https://twitter.com/VictorConte/status/233729288631877632

Memo as in Angel "Memo" Heredia.

And, yes, that's the bassist from Tower of Power's twitter account! Follow him for insights into the 70s pop music scene.

The world championship of 2008! Good one.

Stueyy said:
http://current.com/news-and-politics/89219669_german-sprinter-calls-bolt-a-drug-cheat.htm

The IOC needs to have a level playing ground for everyone at the Olympics competing in the same events. Everyone should undergo the same out of competition testing and regular testing 12 weeks prior to the games otherwise drug testing isn't fair and the current regime is a joke and is only catching the stupid athletes with poor management.

And pretty much every comment on that article accuses Unger of racism.

Libertine Seguros said:
And pretty much every comment on that article accuses Unger of racism.

Its funny that the British track team is explaining its performances with - we do all the right preperations, - look so and so has a cloth on their leg pre race and no one else does. Look their bus has aircon and dock ipods and so on.

and im not saying that doesnt work, but on the other hand you have Bolt who focuses almost all his energy on showing people that he is not even trying - goes out the day before and shows proof of it, eats chicken nuggets just before the race, monkeys about during warm up, talks to officials less than a minute before the race - a clear "look everyone I AM NOT TRYING".

And that kind of spoils the narrative. Either the Bolt one is right and all these extra efforts mean jack ****, or the GB track cycling one is right and Bolt is someone who can win with a bigger gap to 2nd place than 2nd place to womens world record.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Its funny that the British track team is explaining its performances with - we do all the right preperations, - look so and so has a cloth on their leg pre race and no one else does. Look their bus has aircon and dock ipods and so on.

and im not saying that doesnt work, but on the other hand you have Bolt who focuses almost all his energy on showing people that he is not even trying - goes out the day before and shows proof of it, eats chicken nuggets just before the race, monkeys about during warm up, talks to officials less than a minute before the race - a clear "look everyone I AM NOT TRYING".

And that kind of spoils the narrative. Either the Bolt one is right and all these extra efforts mean jack ****, or the GB track cycling one is right and Bolt is someone who can win with a bigger gap to 2nd place than 2nd place to womens world record.

It seems to have rubbed off on Blake too. He was doing his beast claw thing to the crowd as the relay started lol

TRENDING THREADS