Official thread: le Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
LOL, my twitter's broken-hearted ;)

Okay, folks, I'll stop. Will try to watch this cycle-touring race, until now.

Apr 3, 2009
Valverde griding that awfully big gear isn't a good sign. But he still hangs on so far...

Good work by Vandenbroeck as well, he'll be of very good value to Evans in the Tour.

Apr 3, 2009
Wow, Evans is hitting Valverde and Contador over and over again. Excellent show from the Aussie, he's really trying to work on his racing image :)

Mar 10, 2009
powderpuff said:
AC still has Dyachecnko up the road?
perhaps, but even as a Contador fan, I find this a little annoying. I understand his goal is the tour, but at least ride side-by-side.

Apr 1, 2009
Well, Cadel had them both on the ropes. A few more jabs, and both AC and ValvPiti would have gone down.
Shame, nice effort by the Aussie. Looks promising for the Tour.

Apr 3, 2009
powderpuff said:
Well you can't say Cadel didn't give it a go. Also great to see Lloyd and vdB there at the end
Yup, with Wegelius, Dekker and maybe Lang as well, it looks like Evans will finally have a decent mountain team around him. Gesink will be a tremendous asset for Menchov as well.

Mar 11, 2009
fantastic from Cadel, he left it all on the road.
Valv' looked completly toast after the line and Bert lost another 15s on the line, must a loss of pride there.

Did actually have team tactics from Lotto, and they came together :eek:

Mar 18, 2009
It seemed that Cadel ran out of road....Valverde looked spent...but alas...he had it in him for a little sprint to the finish...oh well maybe there is potential for Cadel and his team yet.:p

And was it my tired eyes or was Contador weaving across the road when he came up to near the finish line??

Apr 11, 2009
Great to see Evans attacking repeatedly--but from the front each time? (Backstedt says he's going to have a chat with Damiani, his ex DS, and Evans' current DS in the car).

Guess it's a training race to Alberto C., but it didn't look too bad to me (not a la Menchov vs. di Luca on every hill but one at the Giro, even if this was tactically the right thing to do). Agree on riding side by side, manno a manno, at least occasionally, if going for the win.

Surprised Valverde was toast at the finish; good poker face on the climb, because it sure didn't look it when he was climbing. But gee, he likes to climb in a big gear.:D

Mar 19, 2009
Wonderful victory for Moncoutié!
His form looks really promissing for the Tour.

Nice ride by Evans, he has really become much much more agressive over the last two years or so.
Bad for him it didn't work out though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY