• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - Stage 13 • Vittel - Colmar• 200 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
My Eurosport internet feed has died.......... probably of boredom, it really has been a terrible tour these first 2 weeks, not sure the third will be much better. Contador-Armstrong 1-2. The fact that Armstrong has come back to this level pretty easily shows how poor the state of cycling is.

May 19, 2009
Visit site
ad9898 said:
My Eurosport internet feed has died.......... probably of boredom, it really has been a terrible tour these first 2 weeks, not sure the third will be much better. Contador-Armstrong 1-2. The fact that Armstrong has come back to this level pretty easily shows how poor the state of cycling is.

or that he really is one of a kind. ;)

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
ad9898 said:
I think because of these two and the power of astana that everyone is too scared to attack

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
They're riding so slow that Brice Feillu might get the yellow jersey back! Never thought he would be they guy who took the jersey off Nocentini.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Nice power with Cav in the final straight at Milan San Remo :D

How is Haussler this year any different than Hincapie a couple of years ago (2005), 2nd in Paris-Roubaix and then winning the stage to pla d'Adet in the TdF?

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
mambo#5 said:
Yawn!! another quasi-mountainous stage going to waste!!!
Well not really....

After the first real 'test' Nocentini handled it with ease. I dont know his credentials but maybe the peleton are being a tad presumptious in thinking he wont be a genuine threat.

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
How is Haussler this year any different than Hincapie a couple of years ago (2005), 2nd in Paris-Roubaix and then winning the stage to pla d'Adet in the TdF?

Oh, that's the point, we don't think there is a difference...

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
I think because of these two and the power of astana that everyone is too scared to attack

Possibly, Evans Sastre and Menchov are pretty much history, Andy Schleck attacked at Andorra yet made no impression on Contador and Armstrong just rode upto to his wheel p!ss easy. We might as well fast forward the next week and send Armstrong and Contador on a TT up Ventoux.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:
and then winning the stage to pla d'Adet in the TdF?

Many people laugh/roll their eyes at Bruyneel's ability to turn George the classics rider into a climber. :rolleyes: And George could never sprint with a Cav.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Great tactics by Pelli. I think he knew he had a bigger engine (i mean 3rd in the giro does say something). He made a move yesterday, and saw that martinez could barely hang with him. So today, he can just pick up the crums, while martinez is struggling...

and House is using the rotor chainrings, so he has a massive power output peak distribution with averaging Vo2max infusion and recovery hematocrit stuff ;)

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Nocentini has now beaten the Italian record for holding yellow jersey.

Bala Verde said:
Great tactics by Pelli. I think he knew he had a bigger engine (i mean 3rd in the giro does say something). He made a move yesterday, and saw that martinez could barely hang with him. So today, he can just pick up the crums, while martinez is struggling...

With the absence of great climbers of the past (Virenque, Piepoli, Rasmussen) the whole polka dot jersey has become a joke. As did the Tour, at least this year's edition.

TRENDING THREADS