• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread: TdF Stage 10, Limoges - Issoudun 194.5 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Andy Schlek has a puncture. Seems like only Thomas Voeckler was in favour of the ban.

Some of the rider stats:

Live Rider Stats - Updated: 14:01 CEST

* Johannes Froehlinger - Milram
o Distance: 0km, Speed: 29km/h, Power: 212watts, Cadence: 101rpm
* Bert Grabsch - Columbia-HTC
o Distance: 0km, Speed: 0km/h, Power: -1watts, Cadence: -1rpm
* Brian Vandborg - Liquigas
* Chris Sorensen - Saxo Bank
o Distance: 0km, Speed: 29km/h, Power: 110watts, Cadence: 90rpm
* Nicki Sorensen - Saxo Bank

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Race Radios and Columbia Tactics

1. Race radios - how about one way rider to DS radios only? Surely that addresses the arguments of safety and mechanicals? All riders have the bible to study so should be aware of road furniture/sharp bends at crucial points. Got a mechanical - radio team car and let them know. I definately feel that riders have become "lazy" when it comes to reading a race. I remember in 87 when Roche won it was said that he was brilliant at reading a race and knowing which were the dangerous moves and those that could be ignored. I understand though that now sponsors are probably a big source of the pressure to keep up the radio comms to "ensure" their teams win.

2. This is a back seat owner/manger comment. If I was Bill Stapleton I'd say on one of the sprint days (not Paris obviously) that HTC don't chase down breaks. o me they are doing far too much work because of Cav. It's time to bluff big time eb=ven though it could mean losing. Maybe then the others looking for stages will pull their finger out.

craig1985 said:
Some of the rider stats:

Live Rider Stats - Updated: 14:01 CEST

* Johannes Froehlinger - Milram
o Distance: 0km, Speed: 29km/h, Power: 212watts, Cadence: 101rpm
* Bert Grabsch - Columbia-HTC
* Brian Vandborg - Liquigas
* Chris Sorensen - Saxo Bank
o Distance: 0km, Speed: 29km/h, Power: 110watts, Cadence: 90rpm
* Nicki Sorensen - Saxo Bank

Bert grabsch power, speed and distance are wrong but i'm pretty sure that is about his right cadence:D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:
no, it was suggested as a compromise, but that was quashed by ASO

Ah ok! thanks... These Italians just talk so bloody fast... On the other hand, perhaps I should focus more on what they say instead of reading a dutch and spanish newspaper simultaneously

Looks like a bunch sprint today?

Niermann solved it with an antenna....

0KMRPYB3_220417a.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
News from team Milram via Maarten Ducrot, Dutch commentator -

The DS's are making a "statement" by telling all their teams to keep to an average of 36 kph out of "safety" considerations. So, the boredom we're witnessing is deliberate. The last 40 kms will be 'open' for proper racing again.

We are witnessing a power struggle between the DS's and the ASO. This is clearly what Bruyneel alluded to in last night's interview.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
So, this is the feared no-radio stage?

I think they let the first best break go, so they could stop thinking.

Did they keep the motorcycle with the chalkboard?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

The DS's are making a "statement" by telling all their teams to keep to an average of 36 kph out of "safety" considerations. The last 40 kms will be 'open' for proper racing again.

We are witnessing a power struggle between the DS's and the ASO. This is clearly what Bruyneel alluded to in last night's interview.

For that reason alone, they should force them to ride without adios for the remainder of the TdF... ;)

What about the compliance of SKL/GAR and the French teams with the 'rebellious DS', they never opposed right?

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
The DS's are making a "statement" by telling all their teams to keep to an average of 36 kph out of "safety" considerations. So, the boredom we're witnessing is deliberate. The last 40 kms will be 'open' for proper racing again.
So they repeat the same type of protest as in Milan? That worked like a charm.

Amsterhammer said:

wan-kers....

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

The DS's are making a "statement" by telling all their teams to keep to an average of 36 kph out of "safety" considerations.

because riding a flat course at 45km/h without race radio is much more dangerous than downhilling the tourmalet at 100km/h with a radio.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Every passing day of TdF seems to result in another anticlimactic low. I thought they had hit boredom's rock bottom, but they just started digging.

The Mont Ventoux will probably be ridden the 'Casartelli way', a long communal procession up hill, to honor the sudden, and unfortunate death of the TdF.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Average for today now 37.4 kph. :rolleyes:

So, what are the scenarios for these fantastic last 40 kms that we're going to see?

Will the speed suddenly jump up so high that individual breakaways become all but impossible? The finish is not really suitable for a big mass sprint, so what will the game plan of the sprinters be?

Will Ignatiev jump away from the front with 41 kms to go?

Will they know how far they have left if no one tells them?

Nice touch showing the snails on the road. :D

TRENDING THREADS