• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 14 Colmar - Besançon - 199 km

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Official thread TdF Stage 14 Colmar - Besançon - 199 km

PROFIL.gif

CARTEVIGNETTE.gif

We all know what's going to happen today, let's get through the tedium of watching the GC riders do SFA and hope that Sunday brings some relief. :(

I sincerely hope that some group breaks away and doesn't get caught for another Cav win. I really hope that a Rabo rider has the cojones to go with the breakaway, though sadly, I cannot tip Moncoutie today.;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a sprinter's stage, and though I'm not really a sprint-stage fan because, let's face it, the first ninety percent of the stage is usually a bit like watching paint dry, I'm trying to enjoy watch Cavendish make history. The boy is incredibly fast after all, and all of the world's best sprinters except for Robbie and Alejet are present, so he is accomplishing quite a bit. Also, I think the success of the breakaways have been exciting to watch, especially Haussler in the rain. Maybe today Tom Boonen will awaken from his strange slumber and decide to show Cav the way. Let's hope.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I think a break will stay clear - with the weather (The Tour ticker has dark clouds and rain!) and tomorrow's stage I'm not sure there will be much interest in chasing for any of the teams.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
****ing down and sat pic doesnt show a break. early night. :)

Its made for great breaks, crashes, could be a huge stage!

Race radio falsely reported Evans in a break, ****** it. I didnt say f.ark, just b ugger.

Hushovd taking back the green jersey yesterday gives Columbia greater reason to chase a break, even though they would like to keep most of their riders (particularly Martin, Rogers and Kirchen) fresh for Verbier.

I'm happy to take the short odds on Cav.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The Barb said:
Hushovd taking back the green jersey yesterday gives Columbia greater reason to chase a break, even though they would like to keep most of their riders (particularly Martin, Rogers and Kirchen) fresh for Verbier.

I'm happy to take the short odds on Cav.

It's cavendish not Evans

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I should say the peleton is being led by SIL....ah yet another plan....for lotto...they have to beat the odds and pull of a winning move sooner or later. lol

Am having a shocker tonight! hahaha

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I know it will not happen but it would be sweet if the peloton just let Astana pull and the escape group put 8-9 minutes in them. Hincapie gets yellow and defends it all the way to Paris with the Astana team looking at gobsmacked at each other.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see one of those riders tell Hincapie to f*ck off back to the Peleton, that they are doomed with him there. A quick look at the guide and I see Hayden Roulston weighing in at a useful 82kg, it's up to you mate ;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
subzro said:
i would like to see one of those riders tell hincapie to f*ck off back to the peleton, that they are doomed with him there. A quick look at the guide and i see hayden roulston weighing in at a useful 82kg, it's up to you mate ;)

lmao........ :D

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how much of this makes sense. It might actually have a better chance with Hincapie in it. Columbia will not chase with the possibility of him in yellow. Without him they will reel them in for Cavendish to win the sprint. Hushovd has the green so his team will not chase. Ag2r, Cofidis, Française des Jeux, Garmin, Katusha, Lampre, Liquigas, Milram, Skil Shimano all have riders there so they will not chase. it will be up to Astana to chase with the other GC teams letting them do all the work before tomorrows stage.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Gap up to 12 minutes. George "Pereiro" Hincapie to win the Tour!:rolleyes:
Thanks Uncle Lance.
and the conspiracy theories roll in:

Lance knows he doesn't have the legs to fight contador, so in a strange twist of fates he controls the peleton letting his good friend george garner an insurmountable advantage.

May 12, 2009
Visit site
OK, here's the latest theory for all the Lance/Bruyneel haters:

Astana is faking a chase, because they've actually made a deal with Hincapie/Columbia. If George actually gets the yellow by 5 minutes, Columbia can do a lot of work at the front in the Alps and prevent attacks by Schleck/Sastre/Evans. With George in yellow, no-one will complain.
Ulitmately, he can't hang with Contador/Armstrong on Ventoux, so one of them wins anyway.
Everyone ends up happy, including the conspiracy theorists.

slcbiker said:
OK, here's the latest theory for all the Lance/Bruyneel haters:

Astana is faking a chase, because they've actually made a deal with Hincapie/Columbia. If George actually gets the yellow by 5 minutes, Columbia can do a lot of work at the front in the Alps and prevent attacks by Schleck/Sastre/Evans. With George in yellow, no-one will complain.
Ulitmately, he can't hang with Contador/Armstrong on Ventoux, so one of them wins anyway.
Everyone ends up happy, including the conspiracy theorists.

You have to love how some people consider everything that happens a master plan by Bruyneel/Armstrong.

TRENDING THREADS