• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 18 Annency-Annency 40.5 km ITT

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Never hoped to see the day that Contador ever beat Cancellara in a TT-just mind blowing. but I guess he still has to "prove" the goddamn world once more who's the strongest
some items to consider:
1-) is JB too stubborn to let AC walk away after this TT?
3-)Is LA's ego too big to exclude him from his new team?
2-) I just hope AC "passes" the doping tests[/QUOTE]

Sad but I was thinking the same think as I watched AC destroy the competition in the TT. Andy rode a superb ride. Fantastic day for him. Might even see Frank back on the podium after Mt. Ventoux. Third thru sixth still quite close.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Azdak6 said:
I'll say this--based on what I have heard him say, Andy doesn't seem to be intimidated by Contador one bit. False hopes? Perhaps, but the right attitude.

That's one of the things that's so appealing about the Brothers, great attitude, never say die, just go for it and keep hoping. Though AC does look pretty invincible as far as GT's go.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Never hoped to see the day that Contador ever beat Cancellara in a TT-just mind blowing.

Yeah. One really wonders...

Then again hasn't Fabian been worked over pretty good the last two days, dragging 80kgs over many mountains on consecutive days?

Not sure, but may be the only way to beat him is to set him up beforehand, preferably with a week of climbing, first, LOL. :D Usually before the last long TT they have a day or two of flat stages (helps recovery)?

Hard to say.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Yeah. One really wonders...

Then again hasn't Fabian been worked over pretty good the last two days, dragging 80kgs over many mountains on consecutive days?

Not sure, but may be the only way to beat him is to set him up beforehand, preferably with a week of climbing, first, LOL. :D Usually before the last long TT they have a day or two of flat stages (helps recovery)?

Hard to say.

I thought Fabio always faded a little in 3rd week or very late TTs, although I don't have the results to back that up.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
croix_de_fer said:
Hey Lance!, did Contador follow the plan today?

Not really. I've heard that JB asked AC to conserve energy in today's TT. "Do not attack today" JB has told AC allegedly.

They all asked him to focus on the Mont Ventoux instead and let LA and AK catch up to him in the ITT, so they can all ride up Ventoux like a team and a solid block. Letting the road decide who is the strongest rider on Ventoux was the plan. It had something to do with focus groups, TV audiences and pleasing Liggett.

I don't think AC understood any of it though. He is a bad teammate, with a poor attitude, a little dim and his English is no good. :rolleyes:

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I'm pretty sure this is somehow Contador's fault.

hfer07 said:
Never hoped to see the day that Contador ever beat Cancellara in a TT-just mind blowing. but I guess he still has to "prove" the goddamn world once more who's the strongest
some items to consider:
1-) is JB too stubborn to let AC walk away after this TT?
3-)Is LA's ego too big to exclude him from his new team?
2-) I just hope AC "passes" the doping tests

Norwegian expert commentator Dag Otto Lauritzen (tdf stagewinner in 87 or 88) was out riding the TT course this morning and met Lance. According to him Lance didn't have a single nice thing to say about Contador and he also said that he no longer had his teammatest support - not even Paulinho. (Dag Otto didn't even wanna say everything that Lance had told him)

fulcrum said:
Not really. I've heard that JB asked AC to conserve energy in today's TT. "Do not attack today" JB has told AC allegedly.

They all asked him to focus on the Mont Ventoux instead and let LA and AK catch up to him in the ITT, so they can all ride up Ventoux like a team and a solid block. Letting the road decide who is the strongest rider on Ventoux was the plan. It had something to do with focus groups, TV audiences and pleasing Liggett.

I don't think AC understood any of it though. He is a bad teammate, with a poor attitude, a little dim and his English is no good. :rolleyes:

I must confess, the last thing I read was the last paragraph and I was shaking my head. Then I read the whole thing...very funny. :)

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:
Norwegian expert commentator Dag Otto Lauritzen (tdf stagewinner in 87 or 88) was out riding the TT course this morning and met Lance. According to him Lance didn't have a single nice thing to say about Contador and he also said that he no longer had his teammatest support - not even Paulinho. (Dag Otto didn't even wanna say everything that Lance had told him)

With dropping Kloeden yesterday, I think it was an honest mistake by Alberto. They do seem to be good friends: on the plane from Limoges (to or from, I've forgotten) they were sitting together, whereas Lance was up front with Bruyneel as usual.

Think Alberto's regret is genuine there.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:

lance must be thrilled by that.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:

Really? Lance is undercutting his own team leader? Lance doesn't like AC? Are you sure? You'd think that as the older brother figure he is he would be trying to change every teammates mind and gathering support for AC... :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:

Such is life but the boy won and smashed Armstrong and everyone else in the field. What a legend. Now whats all this "being nice" stuff going on with Armstrong ? They guy was a grade A p-ric to every one through his entire career.... now he's been out-priced by a p-ric with panache and he wants to take his team-mates and go home ? What the ? more importantly what the f9rk was Lane doing comeback and trying to steal the team away from Contador anyway ? Stupid. Just plain stupid.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:

If true it says a lot more about LA than AC!! LA is absolutely skum. He is running around like a school aged kid....I have an idea...lets have LA and AC duke it out in a cage match. If LA got kicked in the nutt would it hurt as bad as if he had a full set?

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Conta for Garmin in 2010

Conta Should go to Garmin in 2010. He would still have a great team for the TTT, one of the bests DS in Vaughters, the help of CVV, Wiggo and others in the mountanis, and be in the perfect situation for his third yellow.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Have to fancy the Schlecks to work over Lance.

Armstrong only has to mark Frank. Why worry about Andy, it has been shown Armstrong can't climb with Andy or Contador. I think he puts ego aside and marks Frank for the podium spot. (And Wiggins too)

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Ben Jacques-Maynes is crying about AC's victory ""The last time someone blasted cancellara in a TDF TT it was Schumacher" -PM.com great point." Cry us a river maybe ;)
Its somehow nice to see how some ppl get frustrated by Contador's amazing success. Its sad at the other hand...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
MKirilenko said:
Ben Jacques-Maynes is crying about AC's victory ""The last time someone blasted cancellara in a TDF TT it was Schumacher" -PM.com great point." Cry us a river maybe ;)
Its somehow nice to see how some ppl get frustrated by Contador's amazing success. Its sad at the other hand...

Sad? do tell?

slowoldman said:
Armstrong only has to mark Frank. Why worry about Andy, it has been shown Armstrong can't climb with Andy or Contador. I think he puts ego aside and marks Frank for the podium spot. (And Wiggins too)

Too bad he can't follow Frank either. Lance will probably finish 6th in Paris if Klöden doesn't have to drag his *** up the Ventoux.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Alberto Contador 2008- few years = Lance Armstrong 1999-2005.

You know what that means:p... ''very exiting'' tours for neutral in the upcoming years!:cool: and a great deal of anti-Contis in the near future:rolleyes:

Lance will always be KING!!!

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
Alberto Contador 2008- few years = Lance Armstrong 1999-2005.

You know what that means:p... ''very exiting'' tours for neutral in the upcoming years!:cool: and a great deal of anti Contis in the near future:rolleyes:

2 down, 6 to go. The only rider to win 8 tours.

I wouldn't be surprised if Contador shoves the last insult to LA's & JB's face by pacing F.Schleck, Klöden or even Nibali to the podium on Mt. Ventoux - whoever of those can ride away from Lance...

I don't think Wiggins can drop Lance though. Maybe outsprint at top, but not drop.

TRENDING THREADS