• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread - World Championships: Elite Men's Road Race 262.2km, Mendrisio

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dimspace said:
roger hammond...

2 podiums and a 10th in the last 5 years... but admittedly, today was far too hilly for him, but we have had a classics rider.. one of those 2nd places he was working for a team mate...

and im sorry, but when cancellara starts attacking on hills and dropping the likes of valverde, evans and cunego... cripes

When i said that you had very good cobblestones riders I had Hammond specifically in mind.

The Flemish races are my favorite, and so I'll never fail to give someone credit for podiums in races like Paris-Roubaix and Gent-Wevelgem, but surely you can't compare this race to Paris-Roubaix.

A

Anonymous

i think this is the first time, ever, that i have seen cadel attack... hes confused everyone.. who would have expected that...

completely out of character the naughty little trickster

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i think this is the first time, ever, that i have seen cadel attack

So you haven't seen a bike race in ten years?

Evans attacks all the time. "Evans doesn't attack" is another stupid myth like "Valverde always has a bad day"

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
So you haven't seen a bike race in ten years?

:p

you know what i mean, hes hardly renowned for being an attacking rider...

well done the aussie team, they did all the work initially trying to pull the break back... but this place is going to be unbrearable for a few days... theres some very devoted cadel worthhippers who just aint gonna shut up...

A

Anonymous

great ride by cadel....

im going to be sick...

the wife is not going to beleive this when she watches it later... how far to go.. they are giving us no distances..