• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Valverde thread.

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Wattie said:
Does LBL have the most shameful record of any classic?

Valverde x 3
Vino x 2
Hamilton
Di Lica
Rebellin
Iglinsky
Camenzind
Vandenbroucke
(Winners who have been sanctioned for doping violations.) That accounts for 11 editions since 1999

It's a roll call of shame. No other monument has quite such a litany of dopers on its list of winner in recent years.
The other monuments are all won by dopers too, but you're right, LBL seems to be getting most of the ones that are caught.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Seems riders have to wait till mid 30s for their peak......when most riders would be lucky to even have a contract!!!!!!!!!!

Make that early 40s... Just wait and see what Valv-Piti is capable of doing when being 42. He may even nuke grandpas Vuelta records.

He looks unstoppable at the moment. He looked to have something in hand when winning Fleche and Liege. Classics were always a better fit for him even though he managed to win a Vuelta. Interestingly in his last two wins he beat a 21 year old who seems to have a big future ahead of him.

CKr0b5fUEAAdH-m.jpg

Teun de Wit ‏@teundewit Jul 24
@Digger_forum Taking a shot of an inhaler. Valverde surely has a TUE??? 1 k later he attacks...

SO - did anyone pick up on this ? is it for real ?

Re:

happychappy said:
Can't wait till he gets into his 40s, he'll be taking off at the top of mountains and flying away. Flap flap flap.

I see what you did there...Horner reference, well done. But I foresee knee problems and then nobody wants him on their team..that is cycling for you. He will "retire" then be a director sporteif not long after.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
2,1,1 for Amstel, FW, Liege. 3rd Tour de France, 3rd best climber in the Tour. Huge natural talent but I won't rule out the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
CKr0b5fUEAAdH-m.jpg

@Digger_forum Taking a shot of an inhaler. Valverde surely has a TUE??? 1 k later he attacks...

Yes, I saw him taking something strange out of pocket and I thought "that's a strange energy bar", I wasn't thinking that it would be an inhaler, but it looked weird

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
CKr0b5fUEAAdH-m.jpg

Doesn't look like an inhaler. More like a comlink. See this pic for comparison:

Han-Solo.jpg

TRENDING THREADS