• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Valverde thread.

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was it not nearly as remarkable to see Dumoulin drag himself up that hill and back to the top 3 after nearly winning 2 GTs this year and racing TTT and ITT this week? Yeah, I am no fan of Valverde b/c I think he's as dirty as anyone can be, but then again, who am I to say that he's "worse," either?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Puckfiend said:
Why all the butt hurt? Valverde has never failed a test. Just like our British heroes.

Yes, he has, intent to dope is treated the same as a positive. His DNA was linked to blood bags with EPO and other stuff in it.

Don't play dumb.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
This old dirty dog just won't go away huh?

Heck, I don't wish anybody anything bad, but it would definitely make me happy if he would get busted again.

Wishful thinking ... this cheat got it down.

Now let's talk about the long-term benefits of EPO usage, shall we?

Re:

Jancouver said:
This old dirty dog just won't go away huh?

Heck, I don't wish anybody anything bad, but it would definitely make me happy if he would get busted again.

Wishful thinking ... this cheat got it down.

Now let's talk about the long-term benefits of EPO usage, shall we?
Has there ever been a single study suggesting that there is any benefit long term?

Genuine question btw. I mean you would assume the greater training volume enabled would count for something. But maybe it could also be the opposite - and that coming off EPO makes you worse than before - because your body has become too reliant on it. Would be cool to see a study which suggests long term benefits or negative consequences.

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Puckfiend said:
Why all the butt hurt? Valverde has never failed a test. Just like our British heroes.

Yes, he has, intent to dope is treated the same as a positive. His DNA was linked to blood bags with EPO and other stuff in it.

Don't play dumb.

Gee, I seem to remember something about somebody having an astronomical amount of salbutamol in their system. Can't remember who though..............

TRENDING THREADS