• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Road Race Men

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
XMEiS.png

what could this be?

JibberJim said:
So typical olympics, a load of no-hopers on a long pointless break for the first half...

Pinotti, Menchov, LL Sanchez (eta: no, not him, sorry ;)), O'Grady, Westra, Brajkovic, etc. - not exactly no-names. It's a far stronger group than I would have expected, clearly they must think it's their best shot at getting a medal.

Who else would you expect in such a group - Boonen, Greipel?

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of strong TTers in that break:

Pinotti
Brajkovic
Westra
Menchov
Castroviejo

+ strong men as Roelandts and O'Grady

Wiggo, Froome, Millar and Stannard will all be too tired to help Cav in the end.

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Cancellator said:
Not quite pointless if it means your teammates in the peloton don't have to work, for example.

I wasn't being serious - Where are the really pointless non pro tour riders getting their moment in the sun - this is a genuine break...

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed that there's no decent broadcast for this. :| The BBC one looked good but now they're showing gymnastics. Forget the US Broadcast. Do I really need to have cable to watch the whole thing? Steephill is failing me!

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Mishrak said:
I'm disappointed that there's no decent broadcast for this. :| The BBC one looked good but now they're showing gymnastics. Forget the US Broadcast. Do I really need to have cable to watch the whole thing? Steephill is failing me!

You can watch the feed from steephill if you don't mind the flemish commentary :)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
How long before we see Eisel, Uran, Henao Rogers and EBH on the front?:D

Well Kiryenka has obviously already been offered his Sky contract for next year, who else is rumoured to be on their way? ;)