• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Road Race Men

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Jalina said:
There is uninterrupted coverage on Foxtel if you can access it.

Unfortunately not - no Foxtel subscription. Channel 9 it is. Thanks for the heads up though.

I can see Box Hill now though. Group all together. Can't see it breaking up too much at all.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Zoetemelk-fan said:
Box Hill is even more vague than I thought. Only chance for the non-sprinter nations to drop Team Cav, is to make the race A LOT more hard, meaning co-ordinated attacks from the next accent and onwards. And migt even be to late.

I kept telling people it's an easy climb, I don't know why so many thought it was some kind of Poggio... Any clue on the gap? The graphics are not very helpful...

The break shouldn't be doing this normal breakaway business where they ride at the pace the peloton dictates. They should be going hard, forcing Britain to truly chase. They shouldn't be up there looking for a medal, but as kamikazes trying to wear out Britain for a later break.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I guess it doesn't matter as this "homer" course is pretty much made for Cavendish ... the only way he won't win is if he crashes or punctures or someone punches him in the gut like in the movie "American Flyers" .... lol :p

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
lol I have the Al-Ryiadiah live stream!

The guys is mumbling and whispering along as if he is talking secretly over the phone...

lol. Yeah it seems like he is in the middle of a conversation no one was meant to hear.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
lostintime said:
I guess it doesn't matter as this "homer" course is pretty much made for Cavendish ... the only way he won't win is if he crashes or punctures or someone punches him in the gut like in the movie "American Flyers" .... lol :p

The drama if Cav not wins will be out of this world, I can't imagine.