• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Track Cycling

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

SlickMongoose said:
Armchair cyclist said:
SlickMongoose said:
Armchair cyclist said:
I could have sworn that whoever finished first of the bunch in the Scratch race (ahead of Cavendish) was in a dark skinsuit, whereas Gaviria's Colombian kit is nearly all white. How come they have Gaviria down as 5th?

Vroome.exe said:
Well we can see here who made their homework. Most of the peleton sprinted a lap too early and Gav was the only one to realize it, Cav followed as he saw Gaviria come through with speed.

So was Gaviria clear of the group? If so, I didn't spot him on camera at all. That would also mean that Cavendish got up to be first of the bunch, which isn't what I thought I saw either.

No.... The sprint you saw was the penultimate lap for everyone except the four riders who lapped everyone. Even the cameras didn't realise so you didn't see the actual sprint. Only Gaviria was on the ball enough to keep riding (and Cav realised belatedly and got on his wheel).

If you can watch a replay look at the top of the track just after the sprint and you'll see Gaviria in the lead.

Was the bell rung at the wrong time? as they had already gained the lap at that point.

I have indeed just noticed Gaviria accelerating on everyone else's deceleration lap. I must admit, I thought that if breakaway riders caught the bunch, then the bunch rode one lap fewer, so that everyone had the same final lap. There was no bell ringing as everyone sprinted. But I am a very occasional watcher of track racing.

Re:

Singer01 said:
all 4 races left have GB rides as hot favourites. Becky James must be the biggest suprise for improvement right?

Considering where she was in 2012/13 and what she's been through since, with the injuries and all...not really. She's done well to make it back this quick

Re: Re:

Winnats said:
Singer01 said:
all 4 races left have GB rides as hot favourites. Becky James must be the biggest suprise for improvement right?

Considering where she was in 2012/13 and what she's been through since, with the injuries and all...not really. She's done well to make it back this quick
thats what i mean, its a bigger surprise that she is where she is than any of the others.

The Scratch race was amended to the results of the TV Sprint

srjUoQB.png

TRENDING THREADS