• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Track Cycling

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Getting ready for Rio.
August 11-16 for velodrome events.

Does anyone know if there will be a dedicated channel live or recorded?

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Ganna should fight for a medal, he just broke the Italian individual pursuit record at U23 EC, 4’14”165.

They dropped pursuit this Olympics, except in the omnium. bummer. Team Pursuit survived.

I used to have cable, but I dropped it. so I can get regular NBC, but not the Olympic streams and sub-channels.

Last time, they posted videos after the competitions. I may have to watch a day late.
Someone else may stream it to Youtube or something. I haven't found one yet, but it is early yet.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Shame said:
Mayomaniac said:
Ganna should fight for a medal, he just broke the Italian individual pursuit record at U23 EC, 4’14”165.

They dropped pursuit this Olympics, except in the omnium. bummer. Team Pursuit survived.

I used to have cable, but I dropped it. so I can get regular NBC, but not the Olympic streams and sub-channels.

Last time, they posted videos after the competitions. I may have to watch a day late.
Someone else may stream it to Youtube or something. I haven't found one yet, but it is early yet.
That's bummer, I like individual pursuit and Madison and both aren't featured at the Olympics, maybe I'll still watch the omnium, but that's probably the only track event that I'll watch.

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Shame said:
Getting ready for Rio.
August 11-16 for velodrome events.

Does anyone know if there will be a dedicated channel live or recorded?

Channel 7's streaming service will be available for subscription[$19.95au] on August the 1st. Guess we'll have to wait until then to find out. They've been surprisingly light on details so far. Couldn't take watching their appalling free to air coverage again.

Track Olympic bias towards sprinters is really unfair. In the worlds it's 6 endurance, 4 sprints. In the Olympics it's 3 sprint and 2 endurance. Either add 1 or 2 endurance events or take one of the sprint events out and add an endurance event, like the Madison or IP.

you could get stupid odds on the mens team sprint and womens team pursuit 45 mins ago. not so much now. i wish i'd just covered the board. anybody not think the men will break the record as well.

us have went off stupid quickly. 1.5 quicker than gb after 3 laps.

Re:

Singer01 said:
you could get stupid odds on the mens team sprint and womens team pursuit 45 mins ago. not so much now. i wish i'd just covered the board. anybody not think the men will break the record as well.

What odds are you getting on the men's pursuit breaking the world record? Fancy the action

Re: Re:

TomLPC said:
Singer01 said:

What odds are you getting on the men's pursuit breaking the world record? Fancy the action
sorry should have been clearer. odds were on them winning the overall. mens team sprint were about 10/1. insane price.
can't find anything about the team pursuit world record. i am thinking though that if the 2 teams so far are way ahead of where the bookies have them, is there any reason not to assume everyone else is?

and NZ go faster by .1 second. that final is going to be mint.

TRENDING THREADS