• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Omega Pharma Quick Step: Are you kidding me??

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Screw it, I'll say it if no one else will

ibarguren-opqs.jpg

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Too funny. I decided to very quickly look at Uran's numbers from previous TT's like I did with Froome. Looking at only the last two years, Uran was very consistently 4-6 seconds per km slower than the winner. That is... until this year at Romandie!!

The parallels are just too perfect. I can't wait to see if this a permanent change in Uran's power output or just something he pulls off for a few races. I suspect that like Froome, he has found a permanent and massive boost in FTP.

What a joke.

John Swanson

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
Too funny. I decided to very quickly look at Uran's numbers from previous TT's like I did with Froome. Looking at only the last two years, Uran was very consistently 4-6 seconds per km slower than the winner. That is... until this year at Romandie!!

The parallels are just too perfect. I can't wait to see if this a permanent change in Uran's power output or just something he pulls off for a few races. I suspect that like Froome, he has found a permanent and massive boost in FTP.

What a joke.

John Swanson

don't worry, just badzilla effect, getting rid of allergies (looks like Sky doctors specialize only on exotic diseases and thinning the trackies)

ScienceIsCool said:

What a joke.

I agree. It's a bit hard to take this sport sometimes. I mean the general consensus on here is they all dope. Yet we see what OPQS did today - 4 riders in the top 10 on the stage. Even if they all dope obviously all doping is not equal .... you would think we learned this with Armstrong.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
meat puppet said:
optimal cadence and pineapple juice do wonders even in other teams once the rider has learnt to master them

Whilst I share your general scepticism about Sky's marginal gains, I can't see how a rider improving drastically after leaving Sky is a sign of Sky doping. If anything it would suggest the contrary.

CycloAndy said:
Whilst I share your general scepticism about Sky's marginal gains, I can't see how a rider improving drastically after leaving Sky is a sign of Sky doping. If anything it would suggest the contrary.
hear hear, but on the other hand, opqs seems to have a few tricks "up its sleeve" as well. see ibarguren taus, for starters.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
(Ok as no one will defend OPQS, I'll do it :D)

You guys are so bitter, why do you even watch cycling?

Duran Duran wasn't able to show his true talent until now because he had a random South American disease and in case you didn't know in South America they don't have proper roads, so he missed some key developmental time and this year was the first year he went into a wind tunnel etc etc etc etc etc.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cookster15 said:
I agree. It's a bit hard to take this sport sometimes. I mean the general consensus on here is they all dope. Yet we see what OPQS did today - 4 riders in the top 10 on the stage. Even if they all dope obviously all doping is not equal .... you would think we learned this with Armstrong.

To be fair, DeGendt was a TTler before, Brambilla had his outcome today with other suspect italian performances, Poels is a CG rider (only that he crashed badly some years ago, otherwise he´d be even further). So all that´s left after clearing the noise is Urans strong performance of today. A rider who gradually improved over the years.