One Man Alone at the Command-El Pais Contador Article

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 11, 2009
131
0
0
HL2037 said:
Again i ask for an example of Contador acting like a "D-bag" I have seen nothing but classy behaviour from him.
He messed with Lance's gang. Thats unacceptable !!! :D
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
Publicus said:
The Hog just wrote what was on Lance's twitter page.
I know.

And since he can't formulate his own opinion nor even reformulate Armstrongs opinion in his own words, the answer to the question must be: "Yes, we think you are stupid"
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
Ah, OK, now i've re-read it i see that i misunderstood. Sorry Hog. English isn't my native, so sometimes i misunderstand the tone.
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
thehog said:
That's ok. Many Americans have trouble understanding English.
You're accusing me of beeing american, does that mean that youre still mad?

But seriously, i don't dislike Armstrong because he is american. I just think that it's nice that cykling is a sport where you can compeed and still respect each other.
 
HL2037 said:
You're accusing me of beeing american, does that mean that youre still mad?

But seriously, i don't dislike Armstrong because he is american. I just think that it's nice that cykling is a sport where you can compeed and still respect each other.
Are you female?
 
Jul 20, 2009
82
0
0
WildspokeJoe said:
Guys,

The truth is usually somewhere in between. Both Lance and AC are guilty of being d-bags.

They settled it on the road. AC was the strongest rider in the race. Lance did exactly what he said he would during the race. Be a good teammate.

Both riders are phenomenal. Of course both want to be top dog. When you've won 7 and 3 grand tour respectively, you're going to think you should be the leader.

This tit-for-tat is so annoying.

Lance is the King of the sport there is no denying that but currently Contador is THE best rider.

Lance is crazy if he thinks he can compete on the level of Contador. The only shot he's got is if AC picks a team that can't ride for him in the tour.
Lance is the king of sport? Which Sport? The tour de france or the sport of cycling? I beleive we can crown him the king of the tour de france i will give you that one. Cycling has a history and Lance does not come close to the Carnibal and the Badger. Check their career history before making such irresponsible pronouncements.
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
0
0
The comments on that article are hilarious. I am constantly impressed at the ability of Lance fans to shoe-horn swearwords in to Alberto Contador's name.

Speaking of Lance fans, what is it with their constant chorus of "GREATEST CYCLIST EVER!!" All questions of doping aside, would Roger Federer be considered the great tennis champion of our time if the only grand slam he had ever won was Wimbledon? Would Tiger Woods be so lauded if he only ever won the Open?
 
Jamsque said:
The comments on that article are hilarious. I am constantly impressed at the ability of Lance fans to shoe-horn swearwords in to Alberto Contador's name.

Speaking of Lance fans, what is it with their constant chorus of "GREATEST CYCLIST EVER!!" All questions of doping aside, would Roger Federer be considered the great tennis champion of our time if the only grand slam he had ever won was Wimbledon? Would Tiger Woods be so lauded if he only ever won the Open?
Where do you get off? Calm down. Tiger Woods is a doper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VK4sIoyY-o
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
0
0
Jamsque said:
The comments on that article are hilarious. I am constantly impressed at the ability of Lance fans to shoe-horn swearwords in to Alberto Contador's name.

Speaking of Lance fans, what is it with their constant chorus of "GREATEST CYCLIST EVER!!" All questions of doping aside, would Roger Federer be considered the great tennis champion of our time if the only grand slam he had ever won was Wimbledon? Would Tiger Woods be so lauded if he only ever won the Open?
LA was a one trick pony. Can't believe people think he's the greatest cyclist of all time. Not even close.
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
thehog said:
If you want to speak better English then Floyd Landis is a good coach.

He speaks very well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMN2DrYX1xw
Floyd Landis talking about doping - how is that relevant to this discussion, and shouldn't it be in "the clinic"?

I think my language skills are sufficient to my needs - it can be difficult to pick up irony in a foreign language, but in this case it turns out that you actually wasn't ironic, so i was right in the first place?

Never mind. I think i have stated my opinion on this subject, and i will now leave this discussion.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
williej said:
Good point made earlier about the fact that most of the Astana team is going to end up with Lance and Radio Shack. AC doesn't appear to be getting much backing or support for his side of the story. Lance sure is. That is very telling, but on a message board, people are not going to be swayed. Also, one Spanish rider booted from the tour for doping, one more to go......
Um, why not list the people, and then look at who those people are precisely. You also have to realize that the majority of people with Astana WILL NOT be going to Radiotrailer. Just people like the Accessory Dog and the Redneck. Funny, like Lance, his fans think that just saying something makes it true.

And a Lance fan talking about someone's questionable performance is just laughable.
 
Jul 11, 2009
30
0
0
Yep, that's it....

what I really need to figure out is how to be a deadbeat that lives off the dole of my fake doctor wife. that will give me more time to study these things.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
williej said:
what I really need to figure out is how to be a deadbeat that lives off the dole of my fake doctor wife. that will give me more time to study these things.
Awe, she's got a temper. How cute.
 
After finally reading the full El Pais article, what else is there to be said that hasn't been said already? I never really cared for the guy, but this is just flat out nasty. I'm also not sure why people don't think the vast majority of it is true? Or why El Pais reporters would lie and make it up? It reminds me of George Bush supporters saying the media and public were making things up about his administration's actions.

I have a couple of media connections, and I'm going to e-mail them the article. Not that will sway anything, but you guys are right, this is the kind of thing that we rarely, if ever, read in the U.S..

HL2037 - Not sure why the Hog is making strange posts to you. Your english is fine, keep on posting.
 
thehog said:
Thanks for posting. I'm very much glad Lance held to his word and became the great teammate he stated he would be.
Lance hasn't learned yet that "when you're on record, you're liable for what is being said on it, and anybody can always go back and revise it, compare it, bring it to the public,and confront it over and over again".....
If he pursues Political Ambition with this approach, I'd tell you now-he's doomed!!!
 
Mar 18, 2009
2,442
0
0
thehog said:
Gotta love the Spanish press. I understand their enthusiasm but does it really have to change reality?? C'mon, fellas. We aren't stupid.
We aren't stupid ... you may be though.
 
Jul 9, 2009
7,026
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Um, why not list the people, and then look at who those people are precisely. You also have to realize that the majority of people with Astana WILL NOT be going to Radiotrailer. Just people like the Accessory Dog and the Redneck. Funny, like Lance, his fans think that just saying something makes it true.

And a Lance fan talking about someone's questionable performance is just laughable.
I bet about half do, either following LA or JB. I kind of like Levi and wish you would come up with a slightly less obnoxious nick-name, the other seems to work for Horner though.
On your final point, while I don't normally make it a habit to agree with you.........................:D
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS