• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

One of USADA board review members of Armstrong case charged for indecent exposure

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be closed because it really has nothing to do whatsoever with a doping investigation.

A person unzipping their pants in public doesn't remotely impair their expertise at deciding on doping charges. They're not remotely related.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
Merging everything into the usada armstrong thread where anti-lance posters are the only ones that post is kind of pointless. Any mention or hint or possibility of Lance being innocent gets shot down in the other thread...it's almost as if these guys know the details of all the evidence in the case.

Agree - this thread should be left unzipped.
Lets let it all hang out there and let people marvel at it.

If it is thrust deep in to the other thread it would seem like a gag order.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cavalier said:
It should be closed because it really has nothing to do whatsoever with a doping investigation.

A person unzipping their pants in public doesn't remotely impair their expertise at deciding on doping charges. They're not remotely related.

Agreed. The case should be about doping, not how well someone tips the hookers or if funds from a non-profit were used for lap dances.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Actually I think we should go back and examine every recent case that has been tried lately and take a good hard look at each and every juror.

Quite possibly the most asinine thing I have seen posted here in a while. Jurors get to go through a standard filter, then be questioned by legal on both sides of a case.

Geezus.

dbrower said:
Bait observed, passed by.

You can always:

1. Inbox me for further dialog

2. At least add Floyd's mea culpa to the trustbut continuum.

But, so long as you leave it out there, without giving the topic the closure that Floyd himself has, then it remains a red flag of how even the well-intended can foster extreme doping misinformation campaigns.

Concerted misinformation that has a parallel to the original post in this thread...

You put far much energy into it to leave what was self-promoted as the complete story incomplete, n'est-ce pas? As it denies the truth, while proclaiming to be in search if it, the trustbut blogspot is fully open to being exposed for its pure distortion.

Why would you do that? You are too smart for that. And, worst of all, it cheapens Floyd.

Dave.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Given the calls to close the thread, I have to ask what forum rule is this thread breaking?

Its nothing but a troll FTW!!! (I believe that breaks forum rules) Not to mention that it was discussed in another thread exhaustively...:rolleyes:

May 27, 2012
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
Merging everything into the usada armstrong thread where anti-lance posters are the only ones that post is kind of pointless. Any mention or hint or possibility of Lance being innocent gets shot down in the other thread...it's almost as if these guys know the details of all the evidence in the case.

What does this topic have to do with Lance not being an IV doper?:rolleyes:

D-Queued:
I see things differently. The TrustButVerify site is a a valuable historical archive which in my opinion is scrupulously factual. Yes, it may have aided the Landis defense, but so what? Of course the site was primarily the effort of folks who wanted to believe in Landis' innocence, but that fact is prominently declared.

Obviously the site required a lot of effort. Any further additions would take more work, and if done carefully, a lot of work to get it right. If you'd like to go to the effort of creating and funding your own site, with its version of the complete story, that would be great. What dbrower did and could do with the TBV site is his (and others) investment of energy and time.

As for adding Landis' "mea culpa", please recall that Landis was charged with doping with testosterone in the TDF.

He continues to claim that he did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.