• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Only God can judge Pozzato!- True or False?

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Not sure God is the only judgemental character in the universe...
toq5.7_600_600.jpg

Given he had a whole back to tattoo I reckon he should have inked:
"It's only God's judgement I care about- the rest of you can go to hell!"

But if this is true... then why the tattoo.... surely devoting time and resources to a billboard denotes he does care for the judgements passed by his fellow man.... besides, God doesn't need to read this - GOD CAN READ MINDS!!!

What's more....I reckon God might think he is a winker for ruining the beautiful skin he gave him!

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
When ink hits skin every second tattoo seems to be a Koi Fish. I don't like the statement and I don't like the tattoo in general, but I don't mind the rider.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferdinand Artichoke said:
Not sure God is the only judgemental character in the universe...
toq5.7_600_600.jpg

I judge him. He failed cycling on 23 July 2004 and I will never forget that.

Armstrong, Ekimov, Pozzato, Nardello, Peron and Guerini.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
I judge him. He failed cycling on 23 July 2004 and I will never forget that.

Maybe. But, if God is vengeful, then so, too, is Pippo. Whose Italian National Champion jersey did Pippo gloriously inherit after the jersey endured a year of relative obscurity and non-invitation ignominy? Simeoni's...

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
hmronnow said:
Out of interest, can you elaborate?

Stage 18, 2004 Tour de France. One rider, who had testified against a certain doping doctor, was chased, abused, spat on and forced from the peloton. A famous rider used the 'zip the lips' gesture as a message to the rest of the peloton.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Tattoos can be cool. I have some myself. A lot smaller than Pozzato's, though. But I generally don't like tattoos that are text, whether the letters are latin, chinese, japanese or wtf. Same goes for clothes with text, btw.

As for the God part.... I don't want to start that discussion on a cycling forum :)

A

Anonymous

Ferdinand Artichoke said:
What's more....I reckon God might think he is a winker for ruining the beautiful skin he gave him!

Well, no, because God obviously created tattooing, and so he is just honouring God using one of God's own creations.

Pozzatto appears to be the V. Rossi of the peloton.

Vania or Valentino... makes no difference really!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yes, Pippo sings the praises of the Paul Mitchell handcream, for its virtues in front of the mirror, if you get what I mean ;)

For some reason Pozzato in that photo you posted, reminds me of Rio Ferdinand.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I like the guy. He's always polite and he's one of the few Italians who likes riding the northern classics. I hope this year he quits his "boonen wheelsucking tactic" of last year. He showed he is strong enough to ride his own race and mess up Quick Step's race plan.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Hibbles said:
Well, no, because God obviously created tattooing, and so he is just honouring God using one of God's own creations.

Pozzatto appears to be the V. Rossi of the peloton.

Vania or Valentino... makes no difference really!

Fair call on the Tattoo...perhaps

The Valentino Rossi comparison is a bit crap... Rossi is a winner in the vein of Mercx... a genius and a legend

Pozzato aint close to that.

rather a sit on,wheel sucking, hand cream promoting, posing, (perhaps a drug quaffing misogynist going on his need to point out he can't be judged)

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Is Pozatto comparing himself to extremes the Jesus guy went to, great carpenter but a bit over attached to his work. Dying to make an impact, be careful. Do they wear Gell in Hell?

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
the guy obviously loves himself.. but i dont see Jesus having a Pozzato Tattoo any time soon.

probably trying to impress slightly gullible ladies by the looks of it..

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
the tat is kinda stupid but nothing different from what most football/basketball stars have.

I find it interesting that as soon as there is someone in the pelaton that tries to be different and edgy, cycling fans get all butthurt about it.

Cycling is so bland; we need more people like Pippo and Cippollini

this besides the point that cycling needs to change the way jerseys are set up so we can actually see which rider is who and be able to distinguish one from another.

but we could also keep everything the same...if the sport wants to stay as insignificant as it is compared to football/basketball,etc.

A

Anonymous

Hotbrakes said:
When ink hits skin every second tattoo seems to be a Koi Fish. I don't like the statement and I don't like the tattoo in general, but I don't mind the rider.

Amen...Koi fish now, and pretty soon he'll have a dolphin or AK-47. I think he needs a tramp stamp personally. And why is the quote in English?

TRENDING THREADS