• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Only God can judge Pozzato!- True or False?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Man, I was sure you were kidding about that!:D

Nope, its there every morning I wake up. To me, the best part is the irony of getting RESTRAINT tattooed on me...in other news, I am not sure it helps all that much.

A

Anonymous

ergmonkey said:
Why not just print "RESTRAINT" on your mirror?

Or is this comment just a joke, I hope?

Oh no, its for real. Restraint on my mirror wouldn't have involved nearly the commitment...true story, when I went in, I was going to get bigfoot tattooed on my back, but I decided on the other because I had a really good friend who once said to me (after listening to one of my more colorful rants) that I needed to get restraint tattooed on my chest so it was the first thing I saw in the morning...and well, it seemed like a better idea than bigfoot. Still, bigfoot may be in the running at some point. I want a version of this picture:

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

As far as judgment about it, well, all I can say is that you have never met anyone like me, and I am okay with that.

El Oso said:
Perhaps my reading comprehension isn't quite up to par (I'm sure, without naming names, I'm not the only one here ;) ), but I don't see any connection to Pippo with Armstrong chasing down Simeoni. I read that wiki and the cyclingnews report (http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/tour04/?id=results/stage18) of the stage but didn't see Pippo's name anywhere. Was he one of the riders in the peloton who spit on Simeoni? Or does he just bown down to Lord StongArm?

If I recall correctly (feel free to correct my fading memory), during or shortly after the events transpired (chase down, return to peloton, alleged spitting), the cameraman came alongside Pippo. He made a "zipped lips" gesture.

At that moment, it struck me, that he was enforcing the notion of omerta...'we keep our lips sealed'...

in my line of work tats and piercings are no big deal. i have great buddies who are all 'sleeved' out. none for me. but, no big thing. the person behind the gel or the tattoo is the thing i look at. i know some scary looking people, that are far from being scary.:cool:

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Oh no, its for real. Restraint on my mirror wouldn't have involved nearly the commitment...

By any chance do you have "remember sammy jenkis" tattoo'ed on your hand?

And the license plate numbers of the people who have wronged you?

A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
By any chance do you have "remember sammy jenkis" tattoo'ed on your hand?

And the license plate numbers of the people who have wronged you?

Freaking HILARIOUS!!! No, just some wings on my calves, my chest tattoo, a quarter sleeve on my right arm, my daughters name, and a Thoreau quote. People are always really surprised when they see me outside of business attire. I guess I look pretty respectable with pants and long sleeves.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Freaking HILARIOUS!!!

What tone is this said with? Just for the record it was not meant as a negative pass at you, I like the paradox of having a permanent tattoo of 'restraint' :cool: It strikes me as some I would do if I was somewhere between slightly and rather intoxicated... I am thinking about a tattoo, but I am unsure what I would get, after all I will have it for a while...

A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
What tone is this said with? Just for the record it was not meant as a negative pass at you, I like the paradox of having a permanent tattoo of 'restraint' :cool: It strikes me as some I would do if I was somewhere between slightly and rather intoxicated... I am thinking about a tattoo, but I am unsure what I would get, after all I will have it for a while...

The tone was that I thought it was genuinely funny. I like cool references, and you nailed one.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
A friend of mine got the world champion-stripes tattooed on his arm, where they would be if he was wearing them on his jersey. I dared him to put them across his torso as well, but he refused.

was he world champion in any discipline? because if you haven't earnt it...

Big GMaC said:
was he world champion in any discipline? because if you haven't earnt it...

No, not at all, he just thought it would be cool. Have to say that that was one of those tattoos that looks better in your head than in reality, though. Colours not quite right, in some way, bland, not as bright and vibrant as you'd like, and it really doesn't look very good..

Edit: He! Craig85, sorry I don't have any photos, but if I can get him to email me one, I'll post it.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
yeah.... weak if you've never actually been a world champion.... its like having the Olympic rings and a gold medal tattooed on your chest even if you've never been to the Olympics :p

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Ad Rock said:
yeah.... weak if you've never actually been a world champion.... its like having the Olympic rings and a gold medal tattooed on your chest even if you've never been to the Olympics :p

I wasn't even a contributer in this forum until you brought my Olympic rings and Gold Medal tattoos into it. Shame on you!:D

As for GMAC's signature line, that sounds like it could be a Bud Light commercial... "This one's for you, Mr. Japanese fibre optics, subvert the Firewall guy." "Only you can make a happy guy in the office view CN Babes on Bikes Part 2 while at work." (Refrain: " CN Babes on Bikes!."

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I like him as a rider. He's, along with Ballan, the best italian one-day riders from their generation. Although, they're not as successful as Bartoli, Bettini.
As a person he is too arrogant and too erratic. It's not only the Simeoni incident and the mud he throws at him even 6-7 years afterwards, or his styling (he's young, famous, wealthy, he can do as he likes, he earned it). I mean he's the only rider that has problems with Philippe Gilbert, one of the quietest riders in the peloton :eek:. You have serious issues if you have a problem with Gilbert, that's for sure...:D