• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pais Vasco Stage 6: Zalla-Zalla 24 KM (ITT)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sanchez says the others were just better than him. I hope he doesnt forget he can be a good tter.

I missed it. WHat happened?

meh it wasn't a disaster tt for him. Samu can be good, but it has to be pretty hilly. Otherwise he can hold his own on a flat tt (not quite an ac, evans etc, but he certainly isn't bad ny any means).

Libertine Seguros said:
The region is only really big enough for 6 stages unless they make detours into Navarre or La Rioja, but I would really love to see a stage through the French Basque country one time, using some climbs like Uzkalepoa (4,4km @ 8,3%), Col d'Irey (7,8km @ 7,4%) or even, if weather permitted, something like Errozate or Larrau, but those are probably too much for a short Tour without increasing the ITT distance to change the balance.

It would be nice to see more decisive gaps before the TT.

theyoungest said:
Prepare yourself for months of explaining that Samu can in fact time trial ;)

He's never got back to his 2009 TTing yet. Well, the Vuelta 09 anyway.

well bad ride by vino but at least one of the t-mobile guys won.so awwwwweeesome klodi!!!!!!!!!!!

radioshack still owning.but in giro del trentino it'll be over i guess,androni-radioshack the battle of the spring.

good ride by gesink and the movistar guys who made a hell of an itt especially david lopez,the itt of his life,how the spanish commentators said.

Libertine Seguros said:
The region is only really big enough for 6 stages unless they make detours into Navarre or La Rioja, but I would really love to see a stage through the French Basque country one time, using some climbs like Uzkalepoa (4,4km @ 8,3%), Col d'Irey (7,8km @ 7,4%) or even, if weather permitted, something like Errozate or Larrau, but those are probably too much for a short Tour without increasing the ITT distance to change the balance.
They did a detour into Navarre. The 2nd stage finished in Lekunberri, and the 3rd stage started in Villatuerta (which is in a predominantly Spanish-speaking region, where the GP Miguel Indurain is organized).

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
SO... Lets cherry pick the conclusions here...

Gesink is TTing REALLY GOOD... not like Contador but We can see something like 70 - 80% of improvement? Dude! He ended over Luisle in the TT!!!!!
Beñat is confirming that He's still improving
Tondo confirming a very good form, He had a good ITT...
Horner like the wine... while more old more good!
Kloden... once I liked him but now I'm a hater and 3 results are not going to change my mind... but He's having a helluvah early season... sending a pretty good message to the hog and LL "no way you are going to be the leader in this Tour"
Vino is in good form but today He didn't have it...
Fuglsang? that was a good TT huh?? is He doing Romandie?

Any other thouhgts?

hrotha said:
They did a detour into Navarre. The 2nd stage finished in Lekunberri, and the 3rd stage started in Villatuerta (which is in a predominantly Spanish-speaking region, where the GP Miguel Indurain is organized).

Oh, I know they went into Navarre this year, but there's plenty of scope to add a day or two if they make that a more regular thing. As it is, it isn't a regular thing and so 6 days is about right.

theyoungest said:
That third TT was very lumpy.

First TT
1_perfil.gif

Evans +19s
Sanchez +24s

Second TT
7_perfil.gif

Sanchez +47s
Evans +1m02s

Third TT
20_perfil.gif

Sanchez +05s
Evans +09s

Evans is still pretty good at TTing. 4th in the final Giro TT last year, 3rd in the prologue.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Rodriguez needs no less than 4 minutes heading into the Milan TT or any final GT time trial.

Unless someone works with him to improve his time trialing, he'll never win a GT. Hurts me to say it but it's the truth.

But isn't the Giro hilly with limited TTing?

Sasquatch said:
Rodriguez needs no less than 4 minutes heading into the Milan TT or any final GT time trial.

Unless someone works with him to improve his time trialing, he'll never win a GT. Hurts me to say it but it's the truth.

But isn't the Giro hilly with limited TTing?

There is a TTT, an uphill ITT (a mountain, but no Kronplatz) and 30km or so in Milan to finish off.

What's his record in mountain ITTs?

Ferminal said:
What's his record in mountain ITTs?

Alto de Navacerrada 2008 17.1km is the only one he's done for about 4 years.

1. LEIPHEIMER Levi AST 33'06"
2. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto AST 31"
3. VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro GCE 31"
4. SASTRE CANDIL Carlos CSC 01'02"
5. MONCOUTIÉ David COF 01'09"
6. MOSQUERA MIGUEZ Ezequiel KGZ 01'15"
7. RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin GCE 01'16"

Did not realise/remember he was only 33s down in the Pais Vasco TT last year.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Though I am happy for Klodis win I do have to question Radioshack. Horner went into it as the defending winner and had announced that this was one of his main goals of the year. At no time did I see him being treated as the protected leader of the team. Instead what I saw was Klodi being allowed to race his own race, almost to the point of racing *against* Horner. He never gets support nor respect from the *big boys* of the team and team management, even when he proves to be stronger than them. He will sweat and puke blood for his team leaders, but that dedication is never reciprocated. Not quite right. Just my opinion.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
MonteCristo said:
Though I am happy for Klodis win I do have to question Radioshack. Horner went into it as the defending winner and had announced that this was one of his main goals of the year. At no time did I see him being treated as the protected leader of the team. Instead what I saw was Klodi being allowed to race his own race, almost to the point of racing *against* Horner. He never gets support nor respect from the *big boys* of the team and team management, even when he proves to be stronger than them. He will sweat and puke blood for his team leaders, but that dedication is never reciprocated. Not quite right. Just my opinion.

I fail to see how Horner was stronger than Klöden.

TRENDING THREADS