• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2012 - Stage 6: Suze-la-Rousse - Sisteron, 178.5 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Navarro made it to the front group

Luis-León Sánchez (Rabobank), Mickael Cherel (AG2R), Anthony Geslin (FDJ), Frederik Veuchelen (Vacansoleil), Jens Voigt (RadioShack-Nissan), Dani Navarro (Saxo Bank) y Simon Geschke (Project 1t4i)

a 3:35 Pelotón
LL Sanchez should win this if the group stays away. He might not be in good shape, but he's an expert at winning races from breakaways.

I take it the peloton came back together?

Has anyone else noticed that Meersman's ideal finish is a slight uphill that doesn't look quite as steep as the profile? Both of his stages seem to have come with speculation of punchy contenders, with the sprint actually being much flatter than implied by the profile.

Anyway. I think LLS is a curse on the breakaway. OPQ could be looking to Boonen, who has a real shot; same with his rivals in Rojas and Degenkolb.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
quickstep, vacansolei and movistar won't ride for sure. what sprinters do greencrap and katusha have?

Ryo Hazuki said:
how is the final k? totally flat?

Just realized Vacansoleil had the man in the break. Don't you think OP might try for another Boonen win? Or a Rojas win won Movistar? Why wouldn't they?

As for Greencrap - Howard, maybe
Katusha (yes, you can start laughing now) - Kristoff

And yeah, it does look totally flat.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I figure there is something wrong with Mollema. He was not that bad in Andalucia, but not even close to good here in the stages that mattered. He might have gotten ill again.
The only guy from the Ruta del Sol who even figures here is Valverde, so maybe the level just wasn't that high over there. But reportedly Mollema has the flu.