• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2021, March 7 - March 14

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bevin was about 3 sec faster it seems
yep, indeed, and Cavagna was quickest in the end. Here are the final split times from the 2nd part:

CAVAGNA Remi
09:01,27​
BEVIN Patrick
09:01,81​
ROGLIC Primož
09:02,59​
BISSEGGER Stefan
09:03,39​
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
09:04,37​
VAN BAARLE Dylan
09:05,24​
VAN EMDEN Jos
09:07,28​
NIELSEN Magnus Cort
09:07,75​
KRAGH ANDERSEN Soren
09:08,00​
LAMPAERT Yves
09:08,26​

New picture in from today's podium:
Toad_3D_Land.png

I really want to see the windtunnel testing and results of that helmet.It doesn't even align snugly with the forehead creating huge pockets left and right, regardless of the ridiculous shape and size. Those two "vents" don't seem very efficient either. Maybe in optimal conditions they could have their advantage, but what if the rider tilts his head up or down too much? We've seen revolutionary designs before, that were considered complete failures a few years later.

I don't think Dennis of Rohan can be considered a GC threat anymore. He lost more than 2 minutes yesterday.

I really want to see the windtunnel testing and results of that helmet.It doesn't even align snugly with the forehead creating huge pockets left and right, regardless of the ridiculous shape and size. Those two "vents" don't seem very efficient either. Maybe in optimal conditions they could have their advantage, but what if the rider tilts his head up or down too much? We've seen revolutionary designs before, that were considered complete failures a few years later.
Vents? I thought that where an elk stepped on the mushroom and left a hoof print!

Tomorrow's final climb is harder and more irregular than the official profile suggests.
Compare:
7385d

3mbR9A5.png

The steep sections are narrow roads through the vineyards.
248659-ItJfFi7fGRDYnSkiOxFg.jpg

With the second half of the stage containing Mont Brouilly from the harder side, this climb as far as Col de Durbize, Mont Brouilly again and the final climb in full, this could be considered the queen stage, IMO. We rarely see this kind of MTF, really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's final climb is harder and more irregular than the official profile suggests.
Compare:
7385d

3mbR9A5.png

The steep sections are narrow roads through the vineyards.
248659-ItJfFi7fGRDYnSkiOxFg.jpg

With the second half of the stage containing Mont Brouilly from the harder side, this climb as far as Col de Durbize, Mont Brouilly again and the final climb in full, this could be considered the queen stage, IMO. We rarely see this kind of MTF, really looking forward to it.
Clearly day for Rogla

Reactions: Sandisfan
as he did the entire ineos team on zwift's race up the alpe last year. pure power, combined with good climbing/weight, it appears.

zwift is about maintaining power as long as possible. he still does that very well.

as he did on stelvio and sestriere. he can be a steady machine getting rid of the nibalis of the world... ;-)

I think second tier climbing competition field on Giro 2020 can't be really reference point for the present and future. Dennis was of course great on Stelvio, but there is big but. As Tao as Hindley, they were both dead in the slipstream of him, that tells me sth. The last year Giro winner is just not on a level as others GT winners. Would love to see Carapaz smashing up that climb, or maybe Pogi on top shape..

So, coming to the point, I think with top tier climbers Dennis would be far down the mountain and would not even try to hold on the pace. But then I remember Dennis climbing on Tour of Switzerland when he was part of Bahrain. He was going up well on that long, cobbled climb, do not know the name of the Climb. But yes, actually you can get mixed feeling when thinking of Dennis as climber. The day after big effort I guess he is tired as hell, also today he said after ITT, the power is good, but also I have some weight. So this needs to be taken to the account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think second tier climbing competition field on Giro 2020 can't be really reference point for the present and future. Dennis was of course great on Stelvio, but there is big but. As Tao as Hindley, they were both dead in the slipstream of him, that tells me sth. The last year Giro winner is just not on a level as others GT winners. Would love to see Carapaz smashing up that climb, or maybe Pogi on top shape..

So, coming to the point, I think with top tier climbers Dennis would be far down the mountain and would not even try to hold on the pace. But then I remember Dennis climbing on Tour of Switzerland when he was part of Bahrain. He was going up well on that long, coblled climb, do not know the name of the Climb. But yes, actually you can get mixed feeling when thinking of Dennis as climber. The day after big effort I guess he is tired as hell, also today he said after ITT, the power is good, but also I have some weight. So this needs to be taken to the account.

I like that quote and think I will adopt that as my new personal slogan: “The power is good, but also I have some weight.” ;)

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts