Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
According to Het Nieuwsblad INEOS had an internal meeting last week and has decided to redirect Ganna to Tirreno because Thomas is in crap shape and won't ride there. Not good because we loose the principal suspect to rip the peloton apart in case of crosswind.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wout Van Aert has no intention to go for the GC. Not even for a few stages. Maybe he will join once or twice for the win.
Just to save strength for Flanders and Paris-Roubaix.
In April we will know if that was the right tactic

Schachmann was lucky to win his two editions of P/N - Both Yates are seriously targetting GC so it will be interesting to see them heed-to-head - I also hope that Groenewegen and Jacobsen actually race each other at PN.

Primoz, if he has his shape of March 2021, is the favourite here. He, however, probably will crash at least a few times in this race. In this case, he will need some luck that these crashes would allow him to continue at his best.

I hope he won‘t crash at all, but I fear he will… :(

Climb profile post:
It's a shame they go with the unipuerto 'queen' stage but little to complain otherwise, there's some strong designs and everyone will have at least one stage that suits them. The return of Col de la Mure - in a very interesting stage - is an especially nice surprise and the stage after it is a good tribute to the season openers.

Edit with the climb profiles:

Stage 1
Final circuit

Stage 3
Côte de Le Peyroux

Final kilometres

Stage 5
Croix de Chaubouret

Côte de Saint-Romain-de-Lerps

Côte de Toulaud

Col de la Mure

Saint-Vincent-de-Durfort (as far as 5.4k below the summit of this profile)

Stage 6
Col de Murs

Col du Pointu (final 6.9k only)

Col de Sambuc

Col des Portes (final 4.8k only)

Col de Pas de la Couelle

Col de l'Espigoulier

Final kilometres

Stage 7
Côte de Coursegoules

Col de Turini

Stage 8
Côte de Levens

Côte de Châteauneuf

Côte de Berre-les-Alpes

Côte de Peille

Col d'Èze

The startlist is really strong.

Roglic, A Yates, Nairoman, S Yates, Vlasov, Schachmann, Martinez, G Martin, Gaudu, Haig, Mader, Mcnulty, Almeida, O'connor, Powless, Labour.

Wout van aert, Sonny Colbrelli,

Jakobsen, Philipsen, Groenewegen, Girhmay, pedersen, Sam Bennett.

I thinks it's always been a much better and maybe more prestigious race than tirreno Adriatico, but it lost some startlist quality in the last 10 years thanks to Strade Bianche

The startlist is really strong.

Roglic, A Yates, Nairoman, S Yates, Vlasov, Schachmann, Martinez, G Martin, Gaudu, Haig, Mader, Mcnulty, Almeida, O'connor, Powless, Labour.

Wout van aert, Sonny Colbrelli,

Jakobsen, Philipsen, Groenewegen, Girhmay, pedersen, Sam Bennett.

I thinks it's always been a much better and maybe more prestigious race than tirreno Adriatico, but it lost some startlist quality in the last 10 years thanks to Strade Bianche
The Tirreno startlist is similar, it helps that just about anyone worth anything is doing either of the two races. Which is nice, because both are among the best week-long stage races of the year.

Reactions: hayneplane

ASK THE COMMUNITY