• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
and he gets paid almost as much as Rogla, the guy is just dead weight, cant do anything

Not his fault that they paid him that much and at the time he got that contract he had probably warranted it. Thats how it goes with jobs and life in general.

We also dont know what the guy brings to the table behind the scenes either. He could be an important part of the team with his experience.

If it would only be about the money then Rogla would likely stick to ski jumping.

It's quite sad if he could have earned more money from being a possibly good but most likely not fantastic ski jumper, without the injuries, than he has/will from being among the very best cyclists, but it might be true. Evenepoel would definitely have been able to earn money his easier if he had continued as a footballer.

Not his fault that they paid him that much and at the time he got that contract he had probably warranted it. Thats how it goes with jobs and life in general.

We also dont know what the guy brings to the table behind the scenes either. He could be an important part of the team with his experience.
Kruijswijk got a 1.5 mil/ year contract in 2016, I doubt the later extensions kept that after the length of the 2016 deal. His last extension was in 2021

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's quite sad if he could have earned more money from being a possibly good but most likely not fantastic ski jumper, without the injuries, than he has/will from being among the very best cyclists, but it might be true. Evenepoel would definitely have been able to earn money his easier if he had continued as a footballer.

This is the prize money ranking from 2021 (you can select the season)

I think that's all the money (4 hills etc included), so I doubt that Roglic would have made more doing ski jumping

This is the prize money ranking from 2021 (you can select the season)

I think that's all the money (4 hills etc included), so I doubt that Roglic would have made more doing ski jumping

I assume he would also earn money through sponsorships, but of course he also does that in cycling. His 2 million a year contract should put him well ahead though.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Guys. Guys. Guys!?

They made it! Sure, they haven't quite made it yet - and a lot of the riders starting in Paris won't make it - but they're actually gonna finish in Nice! The last time that happened was in 2019, also known as "The Before Time."

There was BC for "Before Christ".

Now it's "Before Covid" for how civilisation records it's history.

For others I think it's a bit different. I know that Red Rick's calendar centres on what others refer to as 2013, which he simply calls "Before Christopher".

He ignores their question about whether there are two prophets, and simply sprouts that things were much better during the good old days (BC).

There was BC for "Before Christ".

Now it's "Before Covid" for how civilisation records it's history.

For others I think it's a bit different. I know that Red Rick's calendar centres on what others refer to as 2013, which he simply calls "Before Christopher".

He ignores their question about whether there are two prophets, and simply sprouts that things were much better during the good old days (BC).
Now were living After Dave

Guys. Guys. Guys!?

They made it! Sure, they haven't quite made it yet - and a lot of the riders starting in Paris won't make it - but they're actually gonna finish in Nice! The last time that happened was in 2019, also known as "The Before Time."

Before they actually reach the finish line we won't know for sure if it will be in Nice, or if they have to shorten the stage for some reason.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBKFoeDKJo&ab_channel=pieandjoe1

TRENDING THREADS