• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Don't let @RedheadDane hear you say that...

I saw. And I am aware that there are lots of weirdos on this forum...
Me? I just watch multiple races at once; much more reasonable!

And yesterday was quite nice:

Watch the TA stage, with some brief detours to Drenthe.
Jump over and watch the final of Drenthe.
Just in time for the coverage of the PN stage to start.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
Some interesting information by Roglič and the last stage of PN race.

He didn't feel good at the start, he was tired. Bigger problem then that was that he dressed way too many clothes on himself and basically cooked himself in first half of a race (his own words). Later he managed to take some clothes off (and almost crashed doing it) but it was too late .

So we probably all thought he was cold and didn't dress enough but in reality, this guy dressed himself too much and overheated. This is true Roglič's style.

EiSnA85WkAAmSff.jpeg

65971098.jpg

Last edited:
Nice beautiful even if the sun not shining today.
The waterfront was lovely... not sure it's a place I could live because it looks pretty crowded. But from the heli shots at least the azure water looked inviting.

Having said that it was an exciting final stage, the whole race (even though seemingly half the peloton had dropped out) was fun. There are lots of fresh new faces and their respective careers to follow, so that's always nice.

The waterfront was lovely... not sure it's a place I could live because it looks pretty crowded. But from the heli shots at least the azure water looked inviting.

Having said that it was an exciting final stage, the whole race (even though seemingly half the peloton had dropped out) was fun. There are lots of fresh new faces and their respective careers to follow, so that's always nice.
Yes, the whole race was interesting, and of course an echelon stage adds spice to any stage race. The course design aficionados here who said it was a good course (with some minor quibbles) this year we’re right on target.

Last year, the final stage was shortened, and ran from Le Plan du Var to Levens (just 92.7 KM).
In 2020 it was scrapped altogether. And then everyone went home and went into lockdown...

The last stage in the 2021 PN was easier than the 2022 edition and what was the final stage in 2020 - From memory in the 2021 edition, France had just reopened after COVID restrictions, so the Mayor would not open the Promenade for the stage . Twenty one riders finished on the same time in 2021 - The 21st rider in 2021 was 5m and 40s back, while in 2020 was 6m and 40s - Doubt Cort would win the final stage in the 2020 or 2022 editions.

Last edited:
My post is still relevant - The last stage in the 2021 PN was easier than the 2022 edition and what was the final stage in 2020 - Twenty one riders finished on the same time in 2021 - The 21st rider in 2021 was 5m and 40s back, while in 2020 was 6m and 40s - Doubt Cort would the final stage in the 2020 or 2022 editions.

But the "Mayor doesn't want the race" thing was definitely last year.

Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan
The last stage in the 2021 PN was easier than the 2022 edition and what was the final stage in 2020 - From memory in the 2021 edition, France had just reopened after COVID restrictions, so the Mayor would not open the Promenade for the stage . Twenty one riders finished on the same time in 2021 - The 21st rider in 2021 was 5m and 40s back, while in 2020 was 6m and 40s - Doubt Cort would win the final stage in the 2020 or 2022 editions.

In 2020, the final stage was cancelled and the race ended on the Colmiane climb on Saturday before the world shut down. Quintana won on the top but Schachmann defended his lead.

Then in 2021, the final stage was moved from Nice because there was a surge in cases there and became an on paper much less interesting stage, nonetheless a stage where Roglic managed to crash twice and lose it all.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS