• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2024, March 3-10

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, it's his first stage race in France, that alone is bizarre. And never a linear one day race as well.

Remco debut in France today.
Still can't believe that it's his first race here.
Hoping it will be a positive experience!!

He did Chrono de Nations didn't he?

Are you not counting ITTs for some reason...?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Remco did a ton of racing in France as a junior too, including Roubaix.

giphy.gif

“It's always fun to race against Primoz Roglic. You never know what to expect. He is always complaining about his sore legs, only to end up winning almost every stage. He is a fun rider and a legend of modern cycling. How we are going to beat him is still an unanswered question within the team. We'll see. I have taken steps this winter. We have to believe in our own qualities and plans and try to strike at certain stages.” - Remco 🤣

“Today it will be war. The final will be nicely opened up. It will be an open race and I expect anything but a bunch sprint. With the hectic finale, it is not unwise to take the initiative yourself. We definitely discussed plans to try something ourselves. If the situation does not lend itself to it, we are not going to do anything, but if we can, why not? Whether I sprint along will depend on how many of us go to the finish. If that is with about five people, I will sprint for the win, but in the bunch sprint I will not compete against men like Pedersen and Matthews. I'm not quick enough for that. The last slope offers opportunities to ride away to the finish. It is really difficult and very steep in the beginning, with a long spur according to Véloviewer. It is perhaps a shortened version of the Roche au Faucons. The slope in front is a slightly easier version of La Redoute, but of the same distance. So it won't be easy. There are also bonus seconds, so it will be a race anyway.” - Remco

Interesting how he didn't name drop De Lie 😂 spicy

“Today it will be war. The final will be nicely opened up. It will be an open race and I expect anything but a bunch sprint. With the hectic finale, it is not unwise to take the initiative yourself. We definitely discussed plans to try something ourselves. If the situation does not lend itself to it, we are not going to do anything, but if we can, why not? Whether I sprint along will depend on how many of us go to the finish. If that is with about five people, I will sprint for the win, but in the bunch sprint I will not compete against men like Pedersen and Matthews. I'm not quick enough for that. The last slope offers opportunities to ride away to the finish. It is really difficult and very steep in the beginning, with a long spur according to Véloviewer. It is perhaps a shortened version of the Roche au Faucons. The slope in front is a slightly easier version of La Redoute, but of the same distance. So it won't be easy. There are also bonus seconds, so it will be a race anyway.” - Remco

If that's spicy, I'd suggest an Indian cuisine is not your thing.

He did mention De Lie together with Pedersen and Matthews in the spoken interview on Sporza.

Reactions: search