Paris - Nice, Stage 3 Châtel-Guyon -> Brioude 170 km, Wednesday 6th March

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pentacycle said:
Very, very hard. Especially when Sky rips everything apart before the climb. But don't worry, it can't possibly be Gesinks fault. :rolleyes:
No this is defiantely Gesinks fault, he should have started in front, he was nowhere near the first 20 in the final 20km.. so that's a fail. He should've known of all people that in this weather with such a descent you should be in front

Jan 11, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
He might have been held up by a fall. There was reports of a second fall in the downhill after Kiryenka... but still, it's dissappointing.
He rides 2 flat stages in the front, and then the first serious stage he starts the climb in 30th position again.
for crying out loud how hard is it to start in front???
Usually if you're not in front you don't feel great. Gesink sucks in the rain, he looked like an old man again today. It's too bad, I just hope they didn't make Kelderman wait for him because that would be ridiculous.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
for crying out loud how hard is it to start in front???
Well to be fair, it is insanely hard, everyone wants to be there! But it's surprising they haven't learned by now. I guess Gesink is just too nervous on the bike to be able to manoeuvre well enough in the peloton.

Jun 22, 2009
Pentacycle said:
Very, very hard. Especially when Sky rips everything apart before the climb. But don't worry, it can't possibly be Gesinks fault. :rolleyes:
I think his post was pretty indicative that gesink screwed up, he surely would have been placed poorly to find himself on the wrong side of the split (the group was still big a the top). I dunno if his placement was due to stupidity, poor legs on the climb or he just crumbled on the descent, either way no excuses, poor by him and blanco.

Sep 25, 2009
maltiv said:
Well to be fair, it is insanely hard, everyone wants to be there! But it's surprising they haven't learned by now. I guess Gesink is just too nervous on the bike to be able to manoeuvre well enough in the peloton.
If only Tjallingii could go uphill a bit.

Feb 23, 2012
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think his post was pretty indicative that gesink screwed up, he surely would have been placed poorly to find himself on the wrong side of the split (the group was still big a the top). I dunno if his placement was due to stupidity, poor legs on the climb or he just crumbled on the descent, either way no excuses, poor by him and blanco.
You wonder how many times you can screw up a GC, unbelievable Gesink manages to do it again.

Quintana looks very good for a podium spot now, maybe even the overall. Looking forward to Montagne de Lure.

pastronef said:
yeah! beautiful stage finish and win for Talansky (JV will be very happy)

"Wait for it, just wait for it"

that's what Talansky said 3 days ago on twitter
It would have been more impressive if he'd actually helped Porte bridge the gap to the front five. He then did the least amount of work in the group.

Aug 1, 2011
JRanton said:
It would have been more impressive if he'd actually helped Porte bridge the gap to the front five. He then did the least amount of work in the group.

That was was the key to victory.

Sep 9, 2009
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Wonder how Westra will do on Montagne de Lure, I find it incredible that he finished in front somehow today. He flatted just before the final climb
Thought he was in the chase group, not in front?

Unless the splits are now defined as before Gesink and after Gesink.

Aug 3, 2009
Ferminal said:
The bonus seconds will be pretty handy for Talansky but think he may struggle to stay with Quintana and Porte on Friday.
Perhaps with quintana, but he climbs at least as well as richie porte

Mar 31, 2010
theyoungest said:
Usually if you're not in front you don't feel great. Gesink sucks in the rain, he looked like an old man again today. It's too bad, I just hope they didn't make Kelderman wait for him because that would be ridiculous.
no kelderman is exaclty the same as gesink, sucks in the rain and crashes often

ASK THE COMMUNITY