• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice: STAGE 3 - Saint-Junien --> Aurillac: 208 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
GC
Voigt
Sagan @ 6"
LL Sanchez @ 12"
Millar @ 12"
Kreuziger @ 14"
Contador @ 20"
Leipheimer @ 24"
Rodriguez @ 28"

I may have missed somebody...
Just watch a slo mo of Contador having to take his foot out. Martin almost on the deck again. Silly boy, there.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
New GC:

1st Voigt
2nd Sagan 6
3rd Sanchez 9
4th Millar 12
5th Kreuziger 14
6th Contador 20
7th Leipheimer 24

[edit] Beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

Tomorrow's finish should be very interesting.

A

Anonymous

The Barb said:
I've backed Sagan at 20-1.

Heck of a talented young guy. That first win won't be far away.

Good work fella. Drinks are on you :p

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
my gosh liquigas has some talent in their squad.

Absolutely. Good mix of up-and-comers and riders in their prime (or nearly enough to it). If they are on form and can ride together, they could be dangerous in the GTs.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
UpTheRoad said:
Contador was driving, but Voigt wouldn't pull through. He was positioned for yellow, but I wonder why he was hesitant to drive to the finish until Contador basically pushed him to the front. Seemed strange.

Think his legs were gone.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
One thing is for certain-Contador gonna destroy everyone tomorrow.

Sagan said in interview he came here to help Kreuziger to win the race yet on every stage so far he is better than his team captain.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Delicato said:
One thing is for certain-Contador gonna destroy everyone tomorrow.

Sagan said in interview he came here to help Kreuziger to win the race yet on every stage so far he is better than his team captain.

Kreuziger was even leading the chase group for a moment.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Sagan nice ride once again, having a good start to the year. Maybe Liquigas should get their main 4 working for this guy at the Grand Tours :D just joking.....

Big GMaC said:
Sagan was 20/1 today. That would have been nice!

Tell me about it! (see earlier post on page 4 where I said I was backing him at that price!)

I don't like to self-congratulate but man that was sweet. For her upcoming birthday my girlfriend will now be getting the diamond pendant she's been wanting ....

Anyway, that will be the first of many many wins for this kid, he is seriously good. The amazing thing is he doesn't have a Wikipedia page. If he still doesn't in 24 hours I think I'll have to create him one. Needless to say, it will stretch the wikipedia requirements of neutrality by being so complimentary ...

A

Anonymous

I only caught a tiny bit at the end but it looked like Tony Martin and AC were having a little shoving match. Did anyone else see that?

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
i only had a bad stream that freezed just on the final k. I wondered, did you see where Valverde and Sanchez were in the final climb? Totally lost? You would think Caisse would be at the front on a climb like this.

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
:rolleyes: I don't want to sound like a s**** but what i said after Tour Down Under third etape?

"Hi, sorry for interrupting discussion about epic battle between Alejandro and Cadel but what do you say on Peter Sagan? For 19 year old neo pro in his first big race (+ with 18 stitches from stage 2 fall) to be 4th is not bad? Good active riding style, he really looks great to me. Bet we´ll hear a lot about him in the future"

here we go... :D

But he is so good that it is really easy - he's a junior MTB cross country world champion, junior cyclocross world championship silver medalist, junior european cyclocross champion etc.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Impressed with Sagan and Boom - nice to see MTB/Cyclocross riders making a really credible challenge on the road - just hope they don't go the Evans route: great promise when young and then many years of flattering to deceive ;) Like Liquigas more and more as a team, though Kreuziger must be spitting.

I see AC has recovered from his knock then ;)

Mountain Jersey: Laurent Mangel (Saur-Sojasun)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
FKLance said:
i only had a bad stream that freezed just on the final k. I wondered, did you see where Valverde and Sanchez were in the final climb? Totally lost? You would think Caisse would be at the front on a climb like this.

Valverde was at the back of the pelton at the start of the climb. Sanchez was at the front suffering.

Today, should be a good pointer for tomorrow, given that final climb.
How they finished, behind.
1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas - Doimo 3:44:28
2 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha
3 Nicolas Roche (Irl) AG2R La Mondiale
4 Jens Voigt (Ger) Team Saxo Bank 0:00:02
5 Tony Martin (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia
6 Alberto Contador (Spa) Astana

16 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
17 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Française des Jeux
18 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Quick Step
19 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas - Doimo
20 Samuel Sanchez (Spa) Euskatltel - Euskadi