• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice: STAGE 4 - Maurs -Mende 173.5 km

Tomorrow's showdown.

* Km 40.0 - Côte de Montsalvy - 4.2 km de montée à 6 % - Catégorie 2
* Km 94.5 - Côte de Lassouts - 7.5 km de montée à 3.6 % - Catégorie 3
* Km 113.5 - Côte de la Crouzette - 3.9 km de montée à 3.6 % - Catégorie 3
* Km 166.0 - Côte de Chabrits - 2.4 km de montée à 6.8 % - Catégorie 2
* Km 173.5 - MENDE (La Croix Neuve - montée Laurent Jalabert) - 3.1 km de montée à 10.1 % - Catégorie 1

Retour haut de page

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
is joaquin rodriquez in this race.. I forget which one he's doing but I think the finish could be good for him.. Also the steepness looks a good place for contador to attack and gain some time.. Looks like it will be an interesting stage.. Voigt could keep yellow too :S

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Contador looked really strong today, I think you'd have to be crazy to bet against him tomorrow. The only scenario I can see him losing big time in is if Caisse and Saxo both get people up the road early so Astana is forced to chase.

Jamsque said:
Contador looked really strong today, I think you'd have to be crazy to bet against him tomorrow. The only scenario I can see him losing big time in is if Caisse and Saxo both get people up the road early so Astana is forced to chase.

If I were Martinelli, I would try to get someone in the break, but barring that absolutely refuse to let a Caisse/Liquigas rider into the break. I wouldn't be overly concerned with Saxo Bank. Jens! looked like he's run out of steam and Frank hasn't been there all week. They will be busy controlling the break early tomorrow. But the result will be the same. On the approach to Mende, Astana will be in control of the peloton.

theswordsman said:
My picks for the first three across the line:
Alberto Contador
Official race vehicle
Astana team car

commercial break
a handful of GC guys

:D This was quite funny and you just might be right.;)
Well I do think J. Rodriguez and Valverde will be within 30 seconds or so and Kreuziger and Leipheimer within 50. This will be the highlight of my season cycling viewing season thus far. Can't wait!!:)

Anyone know where I can see highlights or the actual stage footage?

Angliru said:
Well I do think J. Rodriguez and Valverde will be within 30 seconds or so and Kreuziger and Leipheimer within 50. This will be the highlight of my season cycling viewing season thus far. Can't wait!!:)

Steephill Tv generally has a list of live streams--I've watched every stage live for the most part--usually in Flemish though. The site also usually has a couple of decent recap videos or the last 5-10KM of each stage posted shortly after the stage concludes.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how well Valverde is going at the minute, he was nowhere to be seen in the finale today, although that was partly down to being well out of position when the attacks began, which is odd considering how prominent his team has been so far.

Angliru said:

Rodriguez won the steep finish of the tirreno-adriatico last year

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/mar09/tirreno09/?id=stages/tirreno094

although the likes of conty and valverde werent taking part.

Conty to win followed by Rodriguez and then Valverde. Then Kreuziger, Leipheimer.. Contador is 20 seconds behind Voigt and should overhaul that given there are bonus seconds too.

Frosty said:
Rodriguez won the steep finish of the tirreno-adriatico last year

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/mar09/tirreno09/?id=stages/tirreno094

although the likes of conty and valverde werent taking part.

Conty to win followed by Rodriguez and then Valverde. Then Kreuziger, Leipheimer.. Contador is 20 seconds behind Voigt and should overhaul that given there are bonus seconds too.

Agree, particularly about Rodriguez. As well as last year's stage win in Tirreno, he won stage in that same race the year before (2008) as well as a climbing finishes in Paris-Nice in 2003 and 2006, so he is often in good form at this time of year.

He has to be the main threat to Contador in Stage 4.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
David Millar is right up there. I don't expect him to outclimb Contador :D but he could be in contention for the podium.

I'd love to agree with you, but I think his chances may have passed. Based on his previous performances on Mende he could lose anything up to a minute tomorrow.

Publicus said:
Steephill Tv generally has a list of live streams--I've watched every stage live for the most part--usually in Flemish though. The site also usually has a couple of decent recap videos or the last 5-10KM of each stage posted shortly after the stage concludes.

Thanks! I don't mind the Flemish commentators. I just want to see the action.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
From "2010 Jerseys" thread, re: Astana's winter kit.

issoisso said:
It's like they're wearing oversized kids pajamas

"Which ones do you feel like today Alberto?"
"DADDY I WANT THE STAR WARS ONES"
Publicus said:
It's going to be embarrassing when he's kicking everyone's a$$ in his pj's! Maybe they can get Giro to make a helmet shaped like a sleeping cap.
The above to happen tomorrow.

I don't know who'll be most able to follow Contador, maybe Rodriguez. I think Gerrans might have a good day. The GC leaders will all have to come to the fore tomorrow. Be interesting to see who is a real threat.

Just been reading an article on Rein Taaramae, and remembering that Vuelta stage last year, I have become convinced he'll attack.

Anyone have anyone but Contador for a possible stage win?

[edit] Also, if Jens! Voight can blow most of the peloton off his wheel when working for the Shlecks at the base of a climb, isn't it possible he can hang on to the lead group on a short climb?

TRENDING THREADS