• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice: winner prediction poll ** VOTE NOW **

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Paris-Nice?

• Samuel Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
I've never bet on any sporting event, but the following is so logical it must be true.

The amount specified is simply in simplest form. 27/20 is mathematically equivalent to 18.5/10.

Whatever the minimum or increments requirements are, they are independent of the odds given of whatever you're betting on.

It's actually 13.5/10 like I said, but I probably reversed the numbers as I'm focused on what the real world bet would be and not the going rate. It would also equate to 6.75/5, but can I actually walk in somewhere and bet 6.75 of something, or 13.5 of something, or could I just lay down a tenner and get those odds?

theswordsman said:
It's actually 13.5/10 like I said, but I probably reversed the numbers as I'm focused on what the real world bet would be and not the going rate. It would also equate to 6.75/5, but can I actually walk in somewhere and bet 6.75 of something, or 13.5 of something, or could I just lay down a tenner and get those odds?
Yeah, 13.5/10. Thanks. And yeah, that's the same as 6.75/5. Dude, it's math. It's also the same as 675/500, or 1.35. It's identical.

That means if you bet any amount x on him winning (where x is more than whatever the minimum is), and he wins, you will be paid 27x/20, or 1.35x, to the nearest cent or whatever the lowest denomination of whatever currency you're using.

If their minimum is $10 you can bet $10, $11, $1000, or $10.01, or any amount that is at least $10, regardless of what the odds are.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
As I see it there is one more chance to actually make time. a 3-4km up hill finish. Now look at who is where compared to contador and remember algarve.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Why no Valverde?

He will be supporting Sanchez.

Sanchez has a greater probability of making up 12 seconds on Contador than what Valverde has making up 29 seconds on Contador.

Caisse's leader is now Sanchez. The Time Trial proved it. Valverde will be the sacrificial lamb in one of the mountain stages to launch Sanchez.

Lulu is either going to defend this or come second to Contador.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
This is Valverde's last race before the CAS decision. They're supposed to have lousy, cold weather. Guys can have flats or mechanicals or suffer because someone in font of them messes up. There was enough wind to get poor Steegmans off the road. Crosswinds could cause splits. Valverde could attack Contador on a climb, or react to an attack by Contador, when Luis Leon had an off day. Guys have been getting stomach flu. They have time bonuses on the stages.
The point I'm trying to make is that there are seven days of racing ahead, the top guys are eleven minutes into the race, and nothing is carved in stone yet.

Heck, I'm certainly no Valverde fan and look at my avatar, but you write him off at your peril.
Mende will be every man for himself, but if Piti isn't the only guy to get close, if not beat Contador, I'd be surprised.
No way will he be throwing himself under a Specialized wheel for LLS.
Team leadership will be decided on those last couple of Kms of stage 4.

Some of ITT top 10 will be losing minutes, not seconds, here.