• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris -Roubaix 2020 canceled

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The COVID is rapidly spreading in Belgium almost faster and bigger then in France so logically yes all races should be canceled... but where's logic when talking about governments and COVID-19...?
I'm in Belgium and the only positive thing I can see regarding Flanders going as planned is that there are much more new covid cases in the south.

It does feel like some CVD decisions are similar to TSA protocols in the U.S. — certain things seem arbitrarily restricted and others not. I would think the biggest threat that holding sports events poses for viral spread is people gathering indoors—whether at pubs or in homes—to watch, drink, and yell for 2-3 hrs. In which case, futbol would be a much bigger catalyst for transmission than cycling. But leagues, sports organizations, and govt officials won’t see that as their responsibility so they won’t give a thought to that issue.

Last edited:
It does feel like some CVD decisions are similar to TSA protocols in the U.S. — certain things seem arbitrarily restricted and others not. I would think the biggest threat that holding sports events poses for viral spread is people gathering indoors—whether at pubs or in homes—to watch, drink, and yell for 2-3 hrs. In which case, fit ok would be a much bigger catalyst for transmission than cycling. But leagues, sports organizations, and govt officials won’t see that as their responsibility so they won’t give a thought to that issue.

Politics as usual.

Reactions: richwallone

TRENDING THREADS